[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG FINANCE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: smasher.jpg (24 KB, 200x285) Image search: [Google]
smasher.jpg
24 KB, 200x285
So I speculated on this card last week when it was sitting at 2.33, at it's lowest current value it's sitting at 8.50 I predicted 10.00 If you picked up a hundred of these last week you would have made 617 dollars from a 233 dollar investment
>>
>>1083256
>children's card game

i don't expect to make money off the neckbeards when I go to the local shop to play every Friday night, I just budget off a certain amount of money as write it off as gone with no return in sight except the return of smiles and crushed skulls xD
>>
>>1083256
Anon is right, stop fucking shilling, you also forget that shops will undercut you even if speculation is correct. if it rises to $10 shops will offer you $6-8 per each one, to truly make a profit like you said you would have to barter with fucking neck beards, and who wants to fucking interact with neckbeards.
>>
>>1083766
>who wants to fucking interact with neckbeards.

You're doing it right now.
>>
>>1083256
liquidity issues buddy
>>
>>1083256

The MTG meta is way too unpredictable and volatile.

One overposwered card from the next set could absolutely wreck the prices of a ton of other decently valued cards. The second those cards appear on the MTG salvation spoilers site, panic ensues across basements and FNM dens everywhere for weeks

Tarmagoyf could halve in value overnight one day
>>
Its not cyclical in nature either, unlike many IRL stocks. It;s really a shot in the dark

Oh and cards get restricted and banned too, so there's that
>>
>>1083256

>MFW I bought the whole deck.
>Just flipped it for double.
>have made over 4K in the last year predicting this market that I am a very active part of
>beat my stocks by a very huge margin

The problem is that deals like Eldrazi don't come along very often. There were 70 Eldrazi Mimics for sale on Facebook groups and I could've bought them for roughly 80 dollars, flipped them for 400$ buylist about 2 weeks later. But most speculations won't turn out like that. If you had an inside track on the Pro Tour testing, now that would be a great position.
>>
>>1083816
/thread
>>
File: th (9).jpg (10 KB, 124x183) Image search: [Google]
th (9).jpg
10 KB, 124x183
I have a card that is called black sausage.

It deals 6 damage and has 9 defense.

It has a white and black land cost of 4 whites and 5 blacks.

I'm pretty proud of it.

Don't be jelly
>>
>>1083256
I know a guy who deals in this. Literally just puts out a sign saying "buying magic cards". Picks them up at half eBay's price and lists them the same day
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.