[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Business Capital
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1423084473776.gif (387 KB, 269x270) Image search: [Google]
1423084473776.gif
387 KB, 269x270
What is the appropriate way to approach people regarding investing in my business?

I have designed several products with the intent to patent and sell them over the past 3 years, however patents are expensive and at least two of my designs have been recently rolled out by big name companies.

I could apply for provisional patents but they only last a year from date of file and, I will not be able to pay my attorney to file a non-provisional patent within a year.

Should I file provisional patents and pitch the product to companies to buy me out, or simply get capital ASAP and file standard patents?

I have no sentimental connection to nearly all of my products and don't care about my inventions being bought-out.
>>
Skip the attorney.
>>
All you need to know is that the core of the economy is trust. If people don't trust you, they don't buy anything off of you
>>
>>1080500
>I have designed several products with the intent to patent and sell them

If you won't support your products, then why should I as an investor?
>>
>>1080503
My attorney said they'd charge $40 to file each provisional since they're fairly simple, so that's not the issue, but should I file provisionals at all. Non-provisional patents are much more expensive (read 10k range) and my attorney suggested I go to a dedicated patent attorney for them.

>>1080520
That was ambiguous, apologies, I meant to patent them and sell the products myself, not to patent them with the express purpose of selling the rights.

I realize I don't have the ability to manufacture some of them currently, so I am open to selling the rights to some of the more complicated designs to get capital for producing the others.
>>
>>1080500
Bump
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.