[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm wondering what /biz/ is thinking about becoming a male
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
I'm wondering what /biz/ is thinking about becoming a male nurse.
Any pros, cons that aren't already listed all over the websites ? Is it perhaps better to switch from accounting to nursing ? Really interested in your opinions.
>pic related
>>
I know plenty of male homosexual nurses who are happy with their jobs.
>>
To become a male nurse you must have low testosterone and low ambitions.

Seriously? You want to spend your years working with 99% women and wiping old people's asses for a mediocre salary that stays pretty much constant forever?(the difference between a nurse of 3 years and a nurse of 15 is nothing, so they don't command higher salary)
>>
I think it's a great career choice for homosexual and philipino men who want to contribute to society
>>
Do you want to be a drone? Do you want to be joked about by the rest of society?
>>
>>1079740
My girlfriend is a nurse and I can give the cons:
> Boring and stressful
> The pay is piss
> No-one respects a male nurse
>>
Great first step toward other areas of medical and if you work for a while you might find a company that will pay to further your career. Many of the Health benefits are phenomenal, and since gender identity disorder is a real condition you will be able to get that sex change that you secretly want.
>>
Don't stop at regular nurse. Get your CRNA or something.
>>
>>1079748
Absolutely correct.

Living this life. It's safe (relatively) but no growth. Just a slow grind and then retiree.
>>
Pros
>infinite supply of qt3.14 to hit on

Cons
>everything
>>
>>1079748
>What are nurse practitioners

This is a very silly thread by very silly people. They're the same NEETs who insist on starting your own business and not working for "the man" despite never doing anything with their lives themselves.

OP, there are lots and lots and lots of cons to being a nurse. But at the end of the day, there are much better resources than asking on a board with people who have never worked in the medical industry or likely done any research into it.
>>
>>1079740
This will be a BIG issue in the coming decades. Increasing numbers of boomer men will have an increasing number of health problems and will absolutely want male nurses either within a skilled nursing facility or for in-home services.

Just dealt with this for my dad, who had to have a Foley catheter placed, flushed, and replaced for a few weeks. He wouldn't let a young female nurse near his junk for anything, partly because of modesty, partly because of mistrust of women doing anything medical. I can imagine the same applying for wiping asses, colostomy bags, etc. There are some things men, including old men, will only bring up with other men. Sometimes, this information can be highly important medically.

The first person to provide an in-home nursing service with a majority of men on staff will make bank. Mark my words.
>>
>>1079740
My wife is an nursing assistant working on her nursing degree at one of the top cardiac hospitals in the US. Yes, there are male nurses. Yes, (no troll) most of them are gay. Also, the drop out rate for people fresh out of college with no experience in the field is extremely high. Seriously 2 out of 10 actually like the job and make it career.

I can't even tell you how many times she's come home from work and we've had a conversation something along the lines of:

"Yeah, we had some arrogant hotshot start last week fresh out of school. The dude has no idea what he's doing and it's pissing me off. He's never worked in the medical field in his life. He kept saying how he went through the accelerated program and got his nursing degree like it was a badge of honor yet knows nothing about it beyond a book. The guy helped clean and bag his first one today and nearly curled up in a ball like a little baby when the bodies eye opened as we rolled it into the bag. He said this shouldn't be his job, an aide should do it. He won't last."

Week later:

"Remember that man baby I told you about last week? Yeah, he put in his two weeks today. He said it wasn't what he thought. All the time and money spent for a degree that's useless to him... what an idiot. Why do we have to subsidize loans for these retards again?"

Take a job in the field first. It doesn't take a college education to get your feet wet and see what it's like.

>>1079838
This too. A few quick snips, pop a few pills and you're done. The hardest part will be picking out your new name.
>>
OP, it's a job so it would make you better than 90% of people on this board
>>
I love 4chan. Some of these responses genuinely make me laugh
>>
Listen, the only reason any man wants to become a nurse is because they think they'll get a ton of pussy. However, female nurses are all bitchy and boring, so you're plucking apples from a dead tree. Also you'll be emasculated so they won't be interested in you regardless.
>>
I did it for a while. The jobs themselves are pretty decent and you dont have to worry about a thing. But your female coworkers and bosses will drive you insane. Females tend to be passive aggressive omega losers.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.