[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you do when somebody attempts to take all the credit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
What do you do when somebody attempts to take all the credit for your creation? I basically got my own Winklevoss that tries to take all the credit for my success. His own invention is utter crap btw. But mine he says 'its only good because of him, you wouldve never done blah blah w/out me'. It is the most pathetic thing I ever experienced. Why the hell won't they just go away?
>>
kick him in the NARDS
>>
I think people are desperate out there and leeches pop out to anyone who does osmething cool. let it be a warning to /biz/ trust your gut about them
>>
I have a big mouth and a short temper. So I'd tell him the truth.
>>
Does he own any rights to it? Do you have any kind of contract with him?

If no, then tell him to fuck off and stop caring about what plebs think of you.

There's a reason liberals think that the rich are evil, even though the rich give more to charity than liberals make their entire lives, and it's because the rich give zero fucks about what poor people think of them.
>>
>>1079347
So you took his idea, because he couldn't implement it himself? I'm ok with this. Idea guys are losers.
>>
>>1079377
No he doesn't but he has been writing on his website all kinds of bullshit.

>>1079391
basically it was my idea and whenever I would get stressed I would shoot the shit with him. He is like that stoner guy in Silicon Valley that doesn't do anything but helps with moral support
>>
>>1079403
Are you the coder?
>>
I've dealt with this in a number of ways. Most recently in a business ownership/direction dispute. It turned pretty nasty, almost what I felt was parasitic in a way towards the end.

Anyhow, I decided to cut all ties abruptly without notice. I felt it should be self explanatory to them and if it wasn't, that was their problem. Everything to do with what it was we were working on/with/for. The nonsense continued with the 'he'd have nothing without me!' line in the mutual circles we ran in for what seemed like forever (probably to this day). The important part is that it was out of earshot, at least directly - freeing me to focus on what needed to be done.

I made it absolutely clear to everyone I was working with where I stood by saying calmly but firmly "I don't care what he/they think, say or do. We're moving forward. Period and that's that. If what I just said is in any way unclear, ask your questions now." There weren't any questions.

By the time I had a free moment to look back and see what became of them, I didn't give enough of a shit to even bother.

TL;DR Cut ties, block it out and focus on what youre doing
>>
>>1079347

It only matters what's in writing and what's decided in a court of law. Everything else is just banter.
>>
>>1079403
so you work in his incubator?
>>
>>1079421
yep they get in your head as well, that is the hard part for me. It is such a waste of energy and effort, but they mess w your mind.
>>
>>1079403
Did you talk to him online or by text? If so, take screencaps for evidence.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.