[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be book store >Create your own charity >Offer customers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1433434767772.png (22 KB, 217x225) Image search: [Google]
1433434767772.png
22 KB, 217x225
>Be book store
>Create your own charity
>Offer customers to donate to charity to help childrens schools who need books
>Customers feel bad, many oblige
>Raise millions per year for "charity"
>Give charity money to the schools
>One obligation is that they MUST buy them at retail price from the book store
>Get not only good PR but also earned millions by deceiving customers into "donating" a few dollars extra to the store instead of the children

Lmao. Why isn't even store doing this?
>>
Well?
>>
>>1078654
I don't think it would be in the millions, anon
>>
>>1078700
Depends on overall revenue but it certainly could be
>>
Bump, well?
>>
>>1078654

You may get $5k a year. Max.
>>
>>1079139
This is what major bookstores do and they make millions from it.
>>
>>1078654
I'm on it
>>
>>1078654
I work for charities, prople don't donate shit, Expect to make very little money if nay at all. Book stores are hard to run and have mostly the same consumers, and they are smarter than average, they would pick up on the scam very quickly.
>>
>>1079392
It's not like you're scamming anyone though.

You're donating the money but just making the benefactors only able to spend it on the bookstore at retail price.
>>
>>1078654
Don't forget it's a tax write off to boot.
>>
>>1079417
The charity itself may be tax exempt, although you'd be pushing it since the 'charity' clearly exists to make money for the book shop, which is not a charitable purpose. It's really marketing, rather than charity.
But the book shop would still be paying tax on all its sales income, including from the schools that receive money from the charity. So you're paying (at least) the same amount of tax as you would if the money donated was just used on purchases instead. The advantage is getting more revenue (since schools are buying books from you when they otherwise wouldn't) rather than paying less tax.

Incidentally, it would be logistically far simpler if the charity purchased books from the book shop and donated them to schools, rather than giving money to schools and then trying to ensure that they spend it in accordance with your rules.
>>
enjoy jail time for your gay fake charity
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.