[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
yall must love this dude
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4
File: Martin-Shkreli.jpg (103 KB, 1368x1026) Image search: [Google]
Martin-Shkreli.jpg
103 KB, 1368x1026
yall must love this dude
>>
>>1078450
he has a very punchable face, and He looks like a prick.
>>
>>1078450
At the end of the day hes just doing what ever other drug company is doing, raising prices. He just did it to a niche medicine thats barely used so that hospitals and insurance companies will be footing that bill.
>>
>>1078513
right

guilty or not, asshole or not, genius or autist, he's just become the media and government scapegoat for rising drug prices, and once they "deal" with him they will act like all problems are solved

personally, i think he's pretty funny and should get another chance in pharma. i think he has some good ideas and just needs to learn to handle his PR a little better
>>
>>1078450
>Some hedge fund managers are sociopaths
I NEVER WOULD HAVE GUESSED
>>
>>1078459

poorfag
>>
His life seems pretty sad

He can act all smug on TV, but when you see him sitting in his house on stream playing LoL for 5-6 hours at a time, it's kind of pathetic

The only difference between the average /biz/ NEET and him is that he can actually afford to eat real pizza every day instead of hot pockets
>>
>>1078997
It actually makes me want to not be rich sometimes because when you're not rich, you can't possibly imagine a scenario in which you are both rich and unhappy/unfulfilled.
>>
>>1079014
money =/= happiness
>>
>>1078997

This.

This guy is the definition of what it looks like when you make your life 100% about money.
>>
>Skinny short pale kid from the wrong side of Brooklyn
>Janitor parents
>Runs own fund
>$45 million in trading account alone
>Early 30's
>Bought $2million Wu-Tang album and used it as a weedplate

Guy is an inspiration. Came from nothing.
>>
>>1078997

>Yeah Im sure sitting in an office for 8 hours getting bossed around for 60k a year is so much more fun?
>Im sure spending all your money on some fucking 6/10 cunt gf who thin ks she's a 10 is so much better...

Martin Skhreli>>>>Anyone of you dorks on here.
>>
>>1079223
Ok Martin
>>
>guy uses distorted markets and government subsidy to shit all over everyone
>"CLEARLY WE NEED EVEN MORE GOVERNMENT TO PROTECT US FROM PEOPLE LIKE HIM"

I fucking hate everyone
>>
>>1079034
lack of money = sadness
>>
>>1079231
this.

Can't stand liberal logic to beg the government for more regulations every single time there's a fuck up, regardless how significant (or insignificant) it is.
>>
>>1078450
I think he's alright. He's pretty autistic sometimes but he doesn't seem like a bad guy.

I don't think he's going to be around for too long though, seems to like attention too much.
>>
>>1079223
This. I love how you are all acting like you feel bad for this guy when you're really just passive agressive faggots who can't handle jealousy so you pretend to have sympathy for a fucking millionaire just to feel better about yourselves.

>makes me not want to be rich sometimes

Yeah, ok faggot.
>>
>>1078450
He found and successfully exploited an interesting flaw.

Too bad everyone is blaming him for being a clever cunt and not the government for making it so fucking ridiculously complicated and expensive to get permission to manufacture a generic drug.
>>
>>1078450
I do. He my hero.
>>
>>1078450
Free Shkreli. he dindu nuffin
>>
File: 0.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>>1078450
Why? It's like he read some commie's idea about capitalism and tought that "Oh, that's a nice idea!"

>>1078513
No, no and no. ALCOA managed to have almost a complete monopoly on aluminium AND raising the profits. By making the manufacturing process cheaper. If they tried to raise profits by raising the prices, then people would have gone for wood, bamboo or plastics.
>>
>>1080604
>Aluminum is comparable to necessary-for-living medication
You should google "demand elasticity" and educate yourself you cretin.
>>
>>1079268
>clever
Considering the damage it's caused his life, I'm not sure that's the right word. It's not as if he made bank on it considering the policy was extremely short-lived.

The only way he'd be clever is if he managed to raise the price without people knowing. I also find it difficult to call someone convicted of fraud clever.
>>
>>1080616

>convicted of fraud
>convicted

Wut?
>>
>>1078450
>le edgy but ultimately unsuccessful man is loved on 4chan
seems apt
>>
>>1078450
He's honestly not a bad guy at all.
He's teaching poorfags finance and chemistry for free on his live stream.

He's just enjoys fucking with the media.
>>
>>1078997
He fucks hot bitches tho.
>>
>>1078450
why does he get all this attention for jacking up the price of a drug by 5000% when all the other major pharmaceuticals do the same thing? Just look at the prices of the drugs they sell here compared to the exact same drugs in other countries made by the exact same companies.
>>
>>1078997

He's basically an edgy NEET like your average /b/tard, except he's a millionaire
>>
>>1080661
Because he doesn't care about what uninformed people think about a normal thing that happens in the pharmaceutical industry all the time. The reactions in this thread should also clue you in to how stupid most people on this board for following the media hype train.

The CEO any other drug company like Pfizer would tell the media to fuck off and not contact them again.
>>
He's a terrible entrepreneur and capital manager.
>>
He's a genius. He was accepted to the best high school in the country, but dropped out because it was too boring for him. So he decided to get into finance at 17, and he made his fortune.
>>
He could have slowly and steadily increase the price and make a ton of money.

Instead he does this, doesn't make shit and gets whole lot of attention, which ultimately leads to his downfal.

Great job.
>>
>>1080698
Jeff Skilling made his fortune too. So did Ken Lay and Andy Fastow. That's what is important: making your fortune. The govt gets to say how, though.
>>
Man, the only thing more pathetic than the guy is his fan club. He has money, sure, but also a failed hedge fund that he turned into a Ponzi scheme, federal fraud accusations, a bankrupt biotech company (hurr price gouging works guize), and a toxic reputation that means he's unhireable. And his dumbfuck fangirls think that he's a genius for invoking the 5th and making faces like a 5 year old during a Senate hearing.
>>
>>1080842
he's a manchild hero we all deserve
>>
>>1080842
>making faces like a 5 year old

fuck off you boring faggot
>>
>>1080866
exposed
>>
>>1080868
>implying i forgot about ID's
>>
How ironic is it that a bunch of Republican Congressmen forced him to be present for an interrogation on raising the price of a drug? They probably spent the last decade railing against all types of government regulation under the guise of "anti-Obama" and free market capitalization.

Now, instead of realizing health care, pharmaceuticals, and health insurance should not be subject to free market principles, due to the fact that the customer is completely captive to whatever the price/terms that are set by the seller, and actually doing their fucking jobs as legislators and writing a goddamn law to fix these gaps, they try to publicly shame this guy on TV.

Oh, and Shkreli is an immoral douche, whether what he did was legal or not.
>>
File: 1346838108987.jpg (40 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
1346838108987.jpg
40 KB, 604x453
>be murican
>complain about taxes
>hate communists with a passion
>have attended multiple rallies supporting capitalism and freedom

>lose my shit when somebody corners a market and raises prices
>>
>>1079269

This. Shkreli is the based god of /biz/raelis everywhere.
>>
File: 1423879541716.jpg (51 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1423879541716.jpg
51 KB, 500x500
>>1078997
>>1080842
>>1080680

Look at all you bitter neckbeards talking about his life.

Are you aware that NONE of you even knew his name 2 years ago? He was actually living a life before he was in the news, you know. Can you even imagine the awesome shit he's done in his life before he was even known? We all have problems but his are larger scale because he's a bigger player, so sure he's having a hard time NOW, that's just normal.

You retards are saying after knowing his name for like 6 months, that his entire life has been miserable. How short sighted and dumb can you be?

I don't even like the guy, I've never seen him interviewed but he's a scrawny manlet fag autist from what I can see. I however can't help but have at least some respect for what he's managed to accomplish. Many entrepreneurs haven't even amassed half of the wealth he has and they burned out harder. In the entrepreneurial world he's not really fucked up that bad at all.
>>
>>1081964
>I however can't help but have at least some respect for what he's managed to accomplish. Many entrepreneurs haven't even amassed half of the wealth he has and they burned out harder. In the entrepreneurial world he's not really fucked up that bad at all.

He isn't under investigation for the drug pricing fiasco. It's for all the shit he did to build his "wealth". So, yeah, it's totally possible to amass a giant pile of money doing blatantly illegal things, that's not laudable in any way. Just as it isn't right to criticize others for not being as 'successful' as this prick because they weren't willing to violate what microscopic code of ethics there is in the financial industry.

Lying to people, taking their money and calling it yours does not make this guy a success. It makes him a thief writ large.
>>
>>1081138
>>1081154

Fucking this.

You made your bed, America. Now lie in it.
>>
>>1078450
Can we stop talking about him now? Poor guy has been through enough.
>>
Did he actually make any money by raising the price?

Seems to me he just dragging his name through the mud and shone a massive spotlight on himself and by extension, the shady stuff he was doing.

Maybe not that clever if he doesn't understand basic PR strategies like "Don't act like a cartoon villain".
>>
>>1082352

You have HIV. If you get your medicine you DIE.

Are you going to not buy it because you don't think the seller is a moral man?
>>
>>1082356

No, you're going to not buy it because you can't afford it.
>>
>>1082367

What do you mean? This is USA- subsided healthcare!

People that don't deserve to be alive can spend my tax dollars! yay! so progressive!
>>
>>1079034
Speak for yourself, making money is the only thing I enjoy.

I was never a social guy and making money is kind of an escape for me.

I'm sure everybody that sees me assumes I have a sad life but I'm actually really happy.
>>
>>1078450
I feel sorry for the guy, to be honest. He tried to have fun on Twitter and didn't realize just how brutal the game he was playing actually was. The reality is, ALL US drug companies make billions through massive and unfair price-hikes on drugs. These companies don't want some small fish bragging about it on Twitter and bringing awareness to it. That's why they ordered the government to put him through a perp walk and threaten him with prison. He flew too close to the sun and got BTFO. It is a shame.
>>
>>1080628
>unsuccessful man
>unsuccessful
>multi millionaire

Enjoying your free time or are you writing this message from your 9-5 desk?
>>
>>1082367
He stated that those who have no insurance can get it for free. The move was made to get hospitals and insurance companies to pay up.
>>
dude is kind of a cunt ( attitude ) and it would put me off of doing biz with him.

but i have no problem with what he did.

I would have made the rise a little slower and stayed out of the news
>>
>>1082352
he earns a % of each pill sold, that's called royalty.
>>
>>1078450
No, if the allegations levelled against him are true he dun goofed
The allegation being that he withdrew funds from client accounts at his investment fund for personal expenses.
>>
>>1078450
I've been watching his interviews and streams (one just ended.)

His company gives away 66% of those drugs at $1/bottle. He says nobody should ever pay out of their pocket for a prescription, only insurance companies spend the $75k.

Only a few thousand people have ever taken his drug. It's rarely used which isn't that expensive when compared to other boutiques. For comparison a drug which cures Hep C, a disease which is less deadly and affects hundreds of thousands of people, costs much more.
>>
>>1079252
>he doesn't seem like a bad guy.

You sound really naive.
>>
>>1080700
>doesn't make shit
Daraprim brought in $100 million in revenue for Turing Pharmaceuticals in 2015.
>>
>>1082755
I bet your interpretation of Martin has been entirely shaped by talking heads on TV. And you're calling others naive.
>>
>>1082765
I don't even have an opinion on him yet. No, I haven't watched him on TV, just read about him on this site and some news articles. How is it you judging him positively any different than other anon judging him negatively whether neither of you two know him personally?
>>
>>1082771

In other words, you've read the opinions of various SJWs and base yours on what they say.
>>
>>1082771
>How is it you judging him positively any different than other anon judging him negatively whether neither of you two know him personally?

You don't need to know someone personally to form an opinion. I've watched several hours of his streams over the last couple days. He seems to genuinely want to cure diseases and defends his pricing practices really well. Those valid defenses are getting edited out of TV interviews.

He does admit to trolling the media/government so a lot of the hate is understandable I guess.

He seems like a multi-millionaire anon so I think people on here should like him.
>>
I love a good rags to riches story, it even has cops and threatening a rapper on YouTube.
>>
>>1082776
Where did you get that from? I don't read personal blogs. I only read some articles from Google News about what he did.

>>1082783
>You don't need to know someone personally to form an opinion.

That's only true in certain cases, like for example, when you see someone risking his life to save a stranger or on the other extreme, seeing him/her hyperventilating and running away at the first sight of danger. You can tell a lot about a person by how he/she reacts in extreme situations.

Generally speaking, a lot of people wear "masks" and know what to say and how to act in order to manipulate other people's emotions and thoughts. Their nice demeanor might just be a facade. Businessmen are one of those people who can do this extremely well. They can put you under a spell and enchant you, making do things you otherwise normally wouldn't do because they've manipulated you so well. It's not until you're away from them that you realize how well they've played with your emotions. They can make a hobo feel like a king. It's scary.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.