[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you building a mine or are you in one right now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: serra-pelada-16.jpg (487 KB, 800x1197) Image search: [Google]
serra-pelada-16.jpg
487 KB, 800x1197
In the early 1980s, Brazilian photographer SebastiĆ£o Salgado travelled to the mines of Serra Pelada, some 430 kilometers south of the mouth of the Amazon River, where a notorious gold rush was in progress. A few years earlier, a child had found a 6-grams nugget of gold in the banks of a local river, triggering one of the biggest race for gold in modern history. Motivated by the dream of getting rich quickly, tens of thousands of miners descended into the site swarming like ants in the vast open-air pit they had carved into the landscape. Salgado took some of the most haunting pictures of the workers there, highlighting the hazardous conditions in which they worked and the sheer madness and chaos of the operation.

The gold rush of today is happening in virtual servers in the mines of Google, Facebook, Apple & Amazon - where people dig with paid Ads, the placement of links and content. The mine of tomorrow could well be the Oculus Rift (owned by Facebook) - the world of VR.

Does anyone here have their own mine?
>>
Whats stopping chinese people from copying occulus rift?
>>
>>1078284
if they'd mass produce it cheaply theyd loose 30% of their workforce to gaming addiction
>>
>>1078274
Wth does clickbait have to do with goldmining?

>advertising != gold mining
>gold mining = gold mining

You should feel bad for that cringe shit you added at the end of an otherwise cool story
>>
>>1078274
i once met an australian in the czech republik who said that he was mining for opals in the desert (knew a lot about drilling and working conditions).
he also said that he slept 3 hours a day and was probably crazy af.
>>
>>1078284

Their eyes aren't compatible so they can't properly R&D.
>>
>>1078274
VR isn't owned by Facebook.
that's like saying video games are owned by Nintendo.
>>
>>1078274
So you're telling me that a large conglomerate didn't launch an assault with a squad of mercs that they paid using a slush fund account to clear out the place so they could bring their own guys in?
>>
>>1078293

That Aussie was more likely a meth head with drug induced psychosis.
>>
>>1078274
I have family friends that own and operate an opal mine in far north queensland australia and they own opal stores across australia.
>>
>>1078274
shit i read the first half of your post then posted this
>>1078386
then i went and read the rest and realised yes, i do have a mine, i sit at home as a neet making mobile games hoping that i will strike it rich and across from my desk behind me is another computer literally mining Ether in the hopes that the $2 of ether it mines per day will one day be worth $1000.
>>
>>1078274
The next geek goldmine?
>>
I was one of thousands who took the dangerous trek out west to stake my claim. Those of us that survived the trip, and about half didn't, well most of us that made it died alone in dire poverty digging for nothing. A few of us, myself included, hit it. At the very edge of sanity, maybe a bit passed it, we pulled that sun sparkling heart of gold from lifeless rock.

Digging up rare pepes was a fools errand, but sometimes the world celebrates its fools.
>>
>>1079072
Post pic or it never happened
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.