[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Big 4 intern AMA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (148 KB, 862x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148 KB, 862x1000
Big 4 intern AMA
>>
>>1077655
Did you get your job because of your dad who had a nephew who turned down a janitor position?
>>
Did you take the CPA exam?
>>
How much penis did you have to sucky sucky
>>
>>1077655
Do you think this is some sort of great accomplishment and people will be dying to ask you questions? GTFO
>>
>>1077811
Still OP, just on a different device. No I got my offer through networking.
>>1077821
Not yet
>>1077874
In terms of ass kissing very little
>>1077885
you seem angry, did you have an uncle that won't help you?
>>
>>1077655

do you ever spit in the senior's coffees when you pick them up every morning?
>>
>>1077655
How is your coffee game? I imagine it's on point by now right? If you get in with a barista you can get her discount and then make a few bucks every time you do a run. BOOM bro I just gave you a hot tip.
>>
>>1077885
This. You really don't make that much money for the hours you work and the shit you deal with.
>>
How many coffee drinks can you remember without writing them down or forgetting them before you get to the cafe?
>>
>>1077655
Whats your backup plan if nepotism falls through? With this experience perhaps coffee bean broker?
>>
>>1077998
No, because my senior lets me get whatever I want from starbucks so I always get a nice frappe with bake goods.
>>1078020
I'm an intern i get paid $30 an hour already, and I don't have to deal with the bullshit. Also getting paid a time and half because OT.
>>1078025
I saved everyone favorites onto my phone, I just give it to the barista but at this point i just call/text her 15 minutes advance, then I fuck around the starbucks for an hour eating cheese squares and reading magazines.
>>
>>1078034
Yeah you're probably not going to get a invite back after your internship if you're spending an hour at Starbucks.
>>
i tutored a random kid ask me anything
>>
>>1078038
We have interns who stay for more, trust me I've noticed them, and my supervisor don't care so long as I don't get in the way, when they need me I head back immediately, she even told me that she'll be very busy, so the less she has to worry about me the better, and I make sure I buy her a choc croissant or whatever when I get back.
>>
>>1078046
"My supervisor don't care".

I bet they can't wait to get you in front of clients.
>>
>>1077655
Big 4 Intern doing what?

Audit, risk, mgmt consulting, d&a?
>>
>>1078046
Doesn't really help your learning if you're just being kept (or keeping yourself) out of the way. I know it may cause a little frustration from your senior, but you're going to be much more useful in the next few years if you get involved now and start learning everything you can.
>>
>>1077655
I've got a good friend who has recently entered pwc. Graduate in Business while doing now a Master in International Commerce.

He passed the interview and group interview in summer and 2 months ago he got offered a position (junior). Doing now around 10h/day at least, having good responsibilities as well even though his inexperience.
>>
>>1078061
Yeah, he's going to be worked pretty hard for the next few years.
>>
>>1078051
I'm in Audit&Assurance

>>1078052
There is no lack of work, I'm doing fine in terms of workload, when I have questions I do ask her, but I usually give them to her in batches 5-10 questions. I also do the 45-1 hr starbucks thing early in the morning. Also my seniors and peers like me alot, I live on the east coast, but I come from a non-targeted school and came from a lower class backgroud. My manager/seniors really like me for that because I stay really humble, I don't complain about coffee runs, and I get my work done in time, I'm there when they need help I don't skip when it crunch time unlike my peers, Already had two fellow interns call sick but they just wanted to go party at their Uni for two nights.
>>
>>1078068
Cool, good to hear. Keep up the hard work, and try not to get too down when you're working insane hours.

Oh, and don't be scared to leave if it's just not working out. The Big 4 isn't the be all and end all of working, and you can quite easily move to another role and still achieve the same things in life.
>>
>>1078080
Yea I know, but I'm excited I came from working in the factories to working in the financial district and all of these F500s so for now Im on cloud nine. My parents are proud and it feels good contributing to the household.
>>
>>1078084
Don't be satisfied yet, you're just starting out. Obviously you'll move up within the Big 4, but your first real jump in pay packet is the role you get after you're fully qualified. That's when you start to get into a position where you can live comfortably (but not extravagantly).
>>
>>1078091
Definitely, I'm not sure if I want to be a partner but i'm definetely going to stick around until I make manager and get my parents a nice house and car.
>>
>>1078098
I'd look around at roles even before manager. Once you get fully qualified you can easily branch out into other roles, job opportunities really open up and many of these are better pay for less hours. Big 4 Manager will still be insane hours, so if you want a bit more work/life balance then I'd look elsewhere. But that's just my personal opinion from the Big 4 Audit experience that I had.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.