[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I tell disqualified candidates to their faces that I won't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1412974688906.png (108 KB, 400x381) Image search: [Google]
1412974688906.png
108 KB, 400x381
I tell disqualified candidates to their faces that I won't hire them for X reasons during interviews.

My bosses say I shouldn't do this.

Is there anything wrong with giving upfront rejections and advice on how to do better?
>>
The polite thing to do is to show them around the office, say you'll be in touch, then avoid all emails and phone calls.
>>
>>1077533

What? I hate when companies do that... I'd much rather be told why I am being rejected.

At least that way you can learn from your mistakes / shortcomings.
>>
>>1077533
Why would I get their hopes up like that?
>>
>>1077530
You are doing gods work, anon

nothing is worse than going all out of a job only to be left wondering what the fuck is going on/why did I fuck up
>>
>>1077538

It's standard practice.
>>
>>1077533
Thanks for the laugh, anon.
>>
>>1077555
slavery was standard practice, that doesn't mean it's the ethical thing to do.
>>
>>1077530

If you're giving actual real reasons then you're not doing anything bad
>>
>>1077530
>Is there anything wrong
yes, lawsuits.
>>
>>1077586
this
and getting shot up
>>
>>1077533

This happened to me. Thanks for triggering me.

Fuck.
>>
>>1077530
As long as they are legitimate reasons such as: no relevant experience/education, candidate is too experienced for the job, or it would not be a good fit with the manager/team/company then sure, but you need the head of HR to give you the OK, just in case.
>>
>>1077530
I don't see what's wrong with it as long as you don't say it's because of race or shit that would get you sued. You're doing them a favor.
>>
>>1077575
>ethics
Wrong place to apply those things.
>>
>>1077743
>no relevant experience/education
Code for sex discrimination
>candidate is too experienced for the job
Code for age discrimination
>would not be a good fit with the manager/team/company
Code for race discrimination, among others

Just shut your mouth OP, or you'll be the one looking a job.
>>
>>1077769
This. People are better off not knowing than being given information they might disagree with or interpret incorrectly.

but normally we don't care about the rejects anyway, and picking a candidate is completely a "I like this guy better" deal. If it was quantifiable and easy to define, we wouldn't ever need you in for an interview. When someone is just less qualified it's not like he can fix that either.
>>
File: 1433434767772.png (22 KB, 217x225) Image search: [Google]
1433434767772.png
22 KB, 217x225
>>1077587
>and getting shot up
>>
>>1077530

No. Keep it up.
>>
You should only tell them if they ask you, masochist.
>>
>>1077533
Kill yourself. This happened to me and I've gotten nowhere but dug a deeper hole.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.