[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wanna get into investment banking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 12335.gif (5 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
12335.gif
5 KB, 150x150
-didnt go to top school
-mediocre gpa
-got 2 finance internships

do i have a shot?
>>
>>1077470

tell me a good reason why you wanna get into ib - and don't say for the money (or the lifestyle)
>>
Realistically, no. At least at a big firm.
>>
>>1077470
Investment banking is honestly the greatest form of wagecuckery. It's ironic that people on this board don't realize it.

Any just to answer your question, no.
>>
>>1077470
You may have a shot at a shit investment bank. Sach's, from what I've heard, only hire 4.0 GPA physics majors
>>
>He fell for the investment banking meme.

I bet you can't even answer 'What do investment bankers do?'

Anyway, start at a small firm, get a CFA, get yourself on the network and work your way in a big firm.

Don't forget to get disappointed about how it's not like you imagined it.
>>
>>1077473
what else is it for you fucking pleb ? and don't say thrill
>>
File: aku_barks.png (125 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
aku_barks.png
125 KB, 355x355
shitty career. way too many hours per week. shitty pay considering the hours. shitty co-workers. cock sucking and everybody tries to to cheat somehow.

and in the interview they will already ask what are you going to do in 5-10 years when your career is over here. nobody retires at goldman, that's a fact. but it's kinda fair they make it sure already you understand that it's like a quick sprint and they want to suck everything out of you in that short period
>>
>>1077470
Which is your gpa? Maybe not so bad and it can bbe a good stater
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.