[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /biz/ what is an easy trade to learn that makes decent money.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Hey /biz/ what is an easy trade to learn that makes decent money.
>make 12.00/hr right now as a wage slave for lowe's.
>Don't feel like going back to college yet.

I just need to bump my income to about $2200 after tax. i currently make 1500.

>I know lots about computer hardware/software
>some about flooring
>am a 19 yr old kid who is tall and skinny
>my work ethic isn't terrible but I'm not an overachiever.
>>
>>1076982
why don't you tell us what part of the world you live since different trades are in different demand
>>
Airline Dispatch

>5 weeks of training for the license.
>Shit pay making $15 to start.
>Few years down the road easily making 100k plus.
>Free airline travel for life
>No degree, just the course.
>>
>>1076986
sorry, I live in TN nashiville area.
>>
>>1076989
hell even $15 dollars would be a step up
>>
>>1076993
>>1076994
Hmm not sure about Nashville but try to look into any trades that are popular there I guess.

Pretty much anything pays above $15/hr, shouldn't be hard at all to find
>>
Depends on your region but from the people I've met in real life

Plastering:
$25/hr

Granite countertops:
$20-$25/hr

HVAC
$25-30/hr

Auto-Mechanic (non luxury)
$25-$35/hr

Plumbing
$20-25/hr

Electrician
$30-45/hr
>>
>>1076993
Nashville is all warehouses and trucking. I used to live there but left because jobs were shit. I'd go to the job centers and look into trade school. Nashville might give you money to go, they were giving people 250 just to get their geds.
>>
>>1077000
Landscaping:
$10-20/hr

Construction labor:
$25-35/hr

Roofing:
$15-25/hr

---
Also, I've noticed that many people in the trades move around the nation a bunch. Maybe it's a seasonal thing.
>>
>>1077003
how hard is it to drive a rig. I've been thinking about that more and more lately, but have been scared of getting behind one.
>>
>>1077000
I've also had a freind who went to cut granite, I also might look into that.
>>
>>1077015
Consider being a security officer (the kind that just sits around and answers questions)

if you have a clean record, the right attitude, and you are smart enough to know when to speak up and shut up, you can do really well for yourself (shutting up has saved my ass so many times)

unarmed you can make 10-15 starting
armed you can make 12-20 starting (based on Nashville area)

I did unarmed for half a year then moved to a job in programming in FL, I kinda miss getting paid to play video games on my laptop all day with free wifi, drinks, and food.
>>
>>1076982
>$12 an hour for lowes
nigger I make $10.75 and I work for Lowe's.
Luckily, I just landed a pretty good gig with the City i live in making $30k. Think I'll stay at Lowe's on the weekends.
>>
>muh trades

You guys do realise that the only difference between a plumber and a fucking toilet scrubber is how far back the turd is crammed down into the toilet
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.