[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone have any experience with this? i'm looking at the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: freelancer-logo.png (114 KB, 1260x308) Image search: [Google]
freelancer-logo.png
114 KB, 1260x308
anyone have any experience with this? i'm looking at the payouts for various jobs and the work is so easy it seems too good to be true. Am I going to get scammed? Looking to mostly do small programming and video editing jobs.
>>
Nah it's mostly legit, but it's harder than you'd think.
>>
>>1076919
why do you say that?
>>
>>1076924
Because you'd need to compete with people, build up a name for yourself, etc.

It's less of a scam and more just more difficult than you think.
>>
I work on various different freelance websites for money, and let me tell you, it looks easy,but it's hard.

I have accounts on Fiverr, Upwork, Freelancer, Gigbucks (a fiverr knock off), Constant Content, Article Sale, and a few other places and it's easy work for the most part, you're not wrong about that.

The problem is you're going to be competing with a whole lot of other people who will be thinking the same thing as you.

On all of those websites it took me probably about a year on average (some places were easier than others) to get to a comfortable position where I make decent money. You're going to be shoveling a lot of shit early on making a name for yourself because people naturally are greedy. If they see you doing the same work at twice the price of someone else, they'll go to the other guy who will do more than you, especially if you don't have any reputation. So you're going to be working hard early on for little to no pay just to build up a clientele.

Here's where it gets better eventually though. Eventually if you continue to do good, and deliver on exactly what you say you will (only oversell in special cases, never undersell) then you'll get yourself repeat customers. It's these customers that will end up being your bread and butter for the most part. Once you have some stuff in a portfolio, repeat customers, and a good reputation you can start increasing your prices.

Right now I charge $5 for 500 words. That takes me half an hour to do, depending on content. I have a client who runs a pod cast show having me summarize his shows. I have several clients I'm helping ghostwrite books for as well as proofreading their own works. I even have some kid having me write minecraft fanfiction with his allowance just so he can impress some nerds on fanfiction.net. Those are just a few of the people who come back for me as repeat customers and I work 5 hour days for $1,000 a month. Pays all my bills, and everything. Took me 2 years to get there tho.
>>
>>1078508
What's your Fiverr name? maybe I could use you.
>>
>>1079455
Here you go.

https://www.fiverr.com/wiseman05

Is the account I'm using on Fiverr right now.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.