[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
coin collecting / bullion sale questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6
File: $3100$2-2.jpg (21 KB, 338x450) Image search: [Google]
$3100$2-2.jpg
21 KB, 338x450
Hello,

Make well over 1 million $ a year selling coins and bullion for cash.

Any questions?
>>
Can you walk us through your process?
>>
Walk me through the process. I've got 40 to 50k in pcgs rated coins.
>>
Im scrooge mcduckin in gold, tell me how to sell
>>
>>1076494
Should I buy 1kg of gold? I think it's around ~35K right now.
>>
>>1076525

Sure.

I buy gold bars for x dollars.

I sell gold bricks for 1.1x dollars

With .1x dollars, I buy cars, real estate, bonds, coke, hookers, ETFs, index funds, booze, apartments, fine art, etc
>>
>>1076547

Sell them for 55k. Buy 55,000$ in bullion for spot prices- junk silver, platinum eagles over spot, etc Sell those for 65l$. Repeat again.
>>
>>1076873
Why is gold more expensive as bricks?
>>
>>1076880

It's not- it's cheaper.

I buy 10,000 gold coins for millions of dollars, split them into coins, 100 coins, 1000 coins, etc.

I also buy CRAP and melt it into gold bricks. I sell gold bricks, 30KG bricks, etc for briefcases full of cash.
>>
>>1076882
How do you look for deals when buying gold? What do you look for? How can you tell that it is under market? Do you ever get hosed when gold prices drop and you are stuck with inventory?
>>
>>1076891

Of course not.

Someone with a briefcase of cash calls me, I turn it into gold bricks like magic.

Meet one guy in a police station, drive to the bank, hand another guy a briefcase of cash, get more gold, drive back... etc.

Duffle bags, that sort of thing. You need a big car.
>>
This is not a real thread.

Continue at your own peril.
>>
File: timestampo.png (375 KB, 381x592) Image search: [Google]
timestampo.png
375 KB, 381x592
>>1076901

yes it is
>>
>>1076977
2/3...? But it's 4/2
>>
>>1076978

February the third you imecile
>>
Real reply - I sold a big chunk of my portfolio market is freaking me out. Should I buy gold and hold?
>>
>>1076980
WHY the fuck would the Month go before the day you fucking idiot?

DAY<Month<Year

anything else makes no sense. It's in order of size
>>
>>1076988
>Should I buy gold and hold?

Gold has been plummeting for the last 5 years.

Why the fuck would you sell your portfolio if the market fell a few percent?
>>
>>1076990

Clearly you don't live in the greatest country in the world.
>>
>>1076995
Imperial and that mm/dd/yr is the most retarded thing I've ever seen.

>hurr durr 12 inches = 1 foot, some random number of feet = 1 yard xDD 3.65 litres is one galloon :^)
>>
>>1076988

I mean, yes.

But buy paper gold.

If you're buying gold bricks or coins, you're in my domain, and you don't know a lot of things, like how the prospectors tested silver.

You need to KNOW that stuff, or have a spectromotor (10s of thousands of dollars)
>>
>>1076494
You said you buy scrap gold and melt the gold yourself. Does that make you a refiner? Do you have a plant?

Who do you get your scrap gold from? Who do you sell it to, how/where do you meet potential buyers?

How did you start and with how much money?

When you started melting bricks yourself how did you get people to trust your gold? How did you establish your brand?
>>
>>1076990
12months/~30ish days/infinite years

it's in order of size you fucking idiot.
>>
With enough knowledge, can I start doing what you do with enough capital? I'm from some asia shithole country.
>>
File: Julia-Tyler-Gold-Coin (1).jpg (83 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
Julia-Tyler-Gold-Coin (1).jpg
83 KB, 500x250
>>1076977
kek those are the boxes you can get at most banks in Europe.. with commemorative coins, gold coins etc.. Dude resells them probably on ebay.

there is no real money to be made in those unless you wait 10/15 years before selling them

take that from a real jew ;)
>>
>>1076977
also that carnival fair watch kek..
>>
>>1076990
Merrica those cunts just have to be different, same reason they are stuck without the metric system
>>
>>1077789
>>1077791

Yep. Guy is selling them on ebay for cash.

"Real money"

Guess what bud, I decided that making $10,000 for brokering a sit down is "real money"
>>
>>1077578

Of course.

You need to move to netherlands, spain...

Somewhere where old GOld Bullion, is still on the market near spot. Also, USA.
>>
>>1077277

Started with a few million, sold my computer E waste processing company for

Started the first company with $50!
>>
>>1078495
So how was your first company? What was the main takeaway from that?
>>
File: 1332989084488.jpg (58 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1332989084488.jpg
58 KB, 500x375
>>1078507
bumpity bump
>>
>>1076494
>>1076873
So you invest over $10 million a year in gold?
>>
>>1078495
can you tell me about your refining process? Is it the inquarting method or are you able to do it differently with all that money?
>>
>>1076977

those are underage hands. fuck off no one would give you briefcases of cash, you little roleplaying faggot.
>>
>>1076873
>I buy low and sell high, it's so easy guis

Details, nigger.

Do you own a shop? Who do you sell bulk lots to etc?
>>
>>1080382

give me a break idiot

>>1080407

Craiglist. Pawn shops. Metals reyclers. Find the sellers. Find the buyers.

If it costs $1 million on ebay, you can get it for 900k cents in cash if you buy volume

>>1080285

buy and sell millions every week

keep a lot of coins that are old, rare, to lower my tax bill

>>1078507

If you work hard you will get paid
>>
>>1076494

>coin collecting

Nobody but retarded faggots buy those gold/silver coins from the mint, they are a surefire way of loosing money. That shit aint coin collecting, no collector with any experience would buy any of those things.

Also i have no idea how you make money from selling gold, how does someone only selling 10 million dollars worth of gold a year manage to beat out the big competitors that basically market towards retards that know nothing about the precious metals market?

Tbh, if you want to make some real money of coins, you just got to look for retards on ebay or at garage sales selling collectibles for really cheap. I make like a couple of grand a year, but its only a hobby, not a job, i got a pretty big coin collection myself.

I remember i went to a sale once and they were selling Hawaiian dollars for like $5 each because he was some young guy trying to sell some of his grandparents old stuff.
>>
>>1080718

Sometimes I love buying things that are worth $20.00 for $19.99, but the trick is I purchase $1,000,000 worth of these things. Now I have 50,025 of these things that I resell for $20.00. Now I have $1,000,500.

I've made $500 in a single day without sucking any dicks.

But sometimes I love having a bigger margin to make things more profitable. That's just me though.

Te he
>>
>>1081059
>Moving a million dollars worth of inventory in a day.

Things that actually happen, the post.
>>
>>1081059
kek. Take this from someone who sold on ebay and various other platforms for over 10 years. you lose money on that.

if you sell them with 1 cent profit you make a loss because you have transportation costs (even if it´s driving to the post office just to name something) transaction fees, insurance costs, if you have to buy a safe to store those 100K things etc.
>>
>>1076494
What is your profit margin? It can't be high if you're selling bullion for slightly more than the market price, if it is 1% and you pay that means your revenue is $100 million a year.

How did you get started? At what point did you wake up one day and think "we're onto something here, I'm going to commit to this"?
>>
>>1081542

You lose money if you pay a commission- to ebay, to anyone.

I'm in a similar business, buying 1 million in shit and selling it for 1.05mil- trust me, I'm not losing money.

>>1081349

Not hard depending on the inventory.

I'm selling silver eagles spot + $3

If you're selling them spot + $1.75, I'll buy 10 million from you today- boom, 10 million in inventory sold a day

>>1081554

5%.

>How did you get started? At what point did you wake up one day and think "we're onto something here, I'm going to commit to this"?

Always had an interest in coins, used to go around flea markets and buy $10 silver coins for $5... sell them for $9... as a teenager.

Once I sold my company it was 'ok, well what do I do with all this free time?' so I decided i wanted to be in this business, went for it.

>>1080718

Idiot: the post

>obody but retarded faggots buy those gold/silver coins from the mint, they are a surefire way of loosing money.

Ampex, Provident, everyone is buying from US mint, and making tons of money.

ALl my competition.

I sell well over 100 million a year in all PMs combined- 75 of that is gold.

Now, Ampex only takes bank wire- I take cash.

THAT is the reason why I make money. I take cash. I give cash.

No wires. No paypal. No memecoin. Just cash.
>>
>>1082277

Anyways, Ampex is buying this stuff from the US Mint for whatever, $2.50 + Spot, selling it for $3....

I sell it for $3 too. Difference is Ampex wants a bank wire, takes days, shipping, mail, paper trail.

I take briefcases of cash, cars, boats, cocaine,

Ampex not accepting cash (and cocaine for that matter) means they can only sell to half the market.
>>
File: 1333999894699.jpg (38 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1333999894699.jpg
38 KB, 600x450
>>1082304
So it looks like the only way into this business is getting lucky off some fool who undersells his metals? That or have a large enough bankroll to build up a inventory. Doesnt seem that applicable to the majority of peeps, seems like a niche market only a few can actually break into.
>>
>>1082304
can you answer my question?
>>1080365
>>
>>1082314

I don't do the refining. The refiner does the refining.

He then sells jars of gold powder to me. I sell the jar of gold powder to someone, who gives me cash, which I use to buy eagles, francs, pesos, etc, then sell those eagles, francs, and pesos.

>>1082308

Anyone can "break into" the market.

If you gave me $100 I would turn it into $110 in 1 day and never stop.

Turning $100 into $110 means you made 1 sale- not that hard.

Problem is, for broke NEET lowlife losers, getting the capital to actually make money off a 5-2.5% spread is an impossibility.

Pro tip: No one ever makes more than 5% off one sale in this buisness.

Sure, some NEET will say 'I bought $50 in coins for $5 at a garage sale!'

Good for you. You make $45- was it worth ripping off grandma? Was it worth an hour of your time?

SELLING $100,000 in coins for $100,000 to grandma is a MUCH better proposition, because you got the coins for $95,000.

But NEETs watch wolf of wall street and they're all gorden geckos that want to make 20x their money... so they make $45.
>>
ITT: super mega rich guy had 57764466 billion trillion dollars in gold, property and drugs, but finds time in his busy schedule to anonymously brag to other anonymous people.
>>
>>1082333

Actually, this wasn't fare.

A loser can get his hands on $1000- (check robinhood thread).

The problem is, the loser won't know how to turn it into $2000.

He's too autistic to call people and sell, too autistic to call people and buy... he's FUCKED.

This is a charisma business- people want to buy from people they like and trust.

Also, a lot of what I do is going to gold and silver coin shows and selling there.

Hire 2 girls, stick them in the booth, drink margaritas, buy underpriced coins while the girls sell for me, life is good.
>>
>>1077789
>unless you wait 10/15
So realisticly if I bought a bunch of these right now and held onto them for 10-15 years I could actually be rich?
>>
>>1082339

Why are you asking this idiot for advice?

No, don't buy and hold for 15 years.

Buy and sell every 5 years or so, at the respective tops and bottom of the market.

But yes, if you bought and held for 15 years, you will probably make money. But will you beat the DJIA is the question- making money is easy.

Anyways, the better business is buying and selling 2 days later for 102.5%, not buying it because you *HOPE* the spot price will go up.

That's for suckers

winners dont hope, they know
>>
>>1082277
Uh huh. And what about transport costs? Storage? And how do you handle tens of thousands of transactions in a single day? Do you only sell to a handful of people, in large quantities? Then why do they buy from you instead of someone like the guy you just bought from?
>>
File: [Phoenixing Intensifies].gif (2 MB, 265x257) Image search: [Google]
[Phoenixing Intensifies].gif
2 MB, 265x257
>>1082277

>Ampex

>Ampex

>>1082304

>Ampex

>Ampex

This edgy cocksucker is saying he's a pro and gets edgy coke and edgy hookers and edgy boats in his edgy shady dealings being edgy and he can't even spell fucking APMEX right.
>>
>>1082690

>tens of thousands of transactions

I do like 250,000 a day, which is usually 1 sale. Sometimes It's 0 sales a day. Sometimes it's 1 sale for 2 million in a week and no other sales.

>>1083280
calm down autismo
>>
>>1082690

Storage? You can put 10s of millions of dollars in a briefcase in gold.

Transportation costs? You mean $20 in gas?

This is a 0 overhead business. Sometimes I hire 'sales associates' when coin collector club shows are in town.

That's the only overhead I get.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.