[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't know anything about taxes How much is my refund
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.gif (2 MB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 400x250
I don't know anything about taxes

How much is my refund if I'm at 19, made $4,500 last year and live with my parents? Any ideas?
>>
>>1075424
More info, kiddo
>>
>>1075427

This...

But generally speaking your income is so low that you'll get back almost everything you paid in even if they claim you as a dependent.

If they don't claim you as a dependent, you'll get everything back that you paid in.
>>
>>1075427
I literally don't know shit man. I just showed up and money appeared in my bank account every week.

I just know that like 15% of my money went into taxes. I don't even know what a dependent is
>>
>>1075424
Do you have your W2 yet? Look at the amount withholding category. Since you made so little you'll most likely get all that back.
>>
>>1075462
Okay guys, so I made $5,600
402 went to fed income tax
81 went to Medicare
350 went to social security

All of it says withheld under it
>>
>>1075489
Just use turbotax, it's free and you get all your money.
>>
>>1075489
You will get 402 back.
>>
If you made under $10,000 annually, you will get all your Fed tax back. To get state tax back you need to file state taxes.
>>
>>1075540
But social and Medicare say withheld
>>
>>1075489

You'll get the 402 back.

The Medicare and social security are non refundable. You won't get that back.

You do need to actually file a tax return to get the refund, though.

Also, at 19 you probably should educate yourself on the basics of income tax.
>>
>>1075571
This
>>1075570
Thats what the government takes in preparation, just in case you owe taxes.
The less you owe, the more of the witholdings you will get back
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.