[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Resume thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: biz - interim.png (57 KB, 2339x1654) Image search: [Google]
biz - interim.png
57 KB, 2339x1654
Can I put future internships in resume?

>inb4 2 pages
Acceptable in Australia
>>
>>1073698
That's... actually not half bad.

Is there a particular word limit you have? Or are you just trying to keep it to 2 pages? It's what I did too.
>>
>>1073722
No particular word limit. Just kept it under two pages.
>>
>>1073698
Looks really good m8. I would consider changing a few things here and there but honestly they are so minimal that it's probably not worth the effort typing them out. What positions are you looking for?
>>
>>1073747
Mostly preparing for graduate programs and looking for part-time/casual entry level jobs like payables, receivables
>>
>>1073750
what companies/divisions? I would suggest you avoid payables and receivables unless you really have no other option - someone with your level of relevant experience should be able to do better.
>>
>>1073698
>2 pages
>acceptable in australia
what idiot told you that?
>>
>>1073751
I don't know man, I have pretty shit overall GPA (although my last semester is great and I intend to keep it that way until graduation).

I'm leaning towards going to audit for mid-tier firms (there's one that I'm especially targeting) or if all else fails, small suburban firms.

Also, I don't know how relevant my experience is really apart from my future internship on April.

>>1073752
Uni careers were harping about 1-2 pages. Do you think I should then limit it to 1 page?
>>
>>1073752
>>1073754
Most resume's I see at work are 2-3 pages, sometimes a bit more depending on the position. Definitely not unusual in Australia to see mulitpage resumes.

OP, consider putting a linkedin thing up the top of your page, adn you could maybe shrink some bits if you are concerned about the page count.
>>
>>1073754
>uni careers
think about who it is you're taking advice from. working as a career adviser at a university is a fucking dead-end job that requires zero training and gets paid jack shit. they regurgitate what their internal documents say. they may help idiots succeed, but for anyone above a certain level their advice is a definite hindrance. it's like asking a girl for dating advice. she'll tell you what she thinks is right, but it's not based on any worthwhile, real-world experience.

i graduated from an australian uni in 2013 and i got a shitload of interviews and offers based on a half-page resume. that half page was very good, so maybe you'll need a longer resume if your content isn't so strong (although it looks good to me, name recognition is important at this early stage though)

>limit it to 1 page?
yes, which shouldn't be too hard - you have a lot of whitespace
>>
>>1073760
Yeah definately cut down on the white space. Cheat by removing the spaces between them.

Can you expand a bit on your roles? Use the star model if you can (Situation, task, action, result).

Also, put full stops at the end of your dot points!
>>
>>1073759
Yeah, I have linkedin. I don't have a proper profile pic yet so I'm hesitant in putting it on resume

>>1073760
Okay I'll try on slimming it down.

>>1073762
The first admin job I did mostly archiving (scanning, filing, shredding etc.) and then mostly backup of files. There are around 3-4 days total of the 3 years I have worked there where the finance controller had me input data for his spreadsheet and file BAS

The second one is data entry for not-for-profit. Basically organising and making spreadsheets regarding their application status (i.e. if they had the two needed certifications, completed training modules, managers, etc.)
>>
>>1073752
2 pages is ideal for real world resumes. Just not for burger flipping resumes
>>
>>1074000
I love how /biz/ contradicts itself.
The other resume thread went like 10-2 in favour of one-page resumes.
>>
>>1074170
If you're applying for a job you want your qualification and education, then you want a relevant work history.

Depending in the job and industry this can be over one page.

Personally I have one page with education, technical, soft skills. Then work history for the past 3 years, since I'm a student this is a good format.

Say I was more experience in my industry, I can shorten education and remove soft skills altogether, and have a brief work history of relevant jobs.

It really depends on the job youre applying for and how much experience in that industry you have. I'm a cs and math major with no real world experience yet. So I can't rely on technical and work history I need to talk about education and soft skills.
>>
>>1074170
It's not like biz is a single collective - we are all individuals with individual thoughts and opinions. We also all live in different countries and fields - here a 2-3 page resume is very common and I have never personally seen a 1 page resume before in real life. In other countries it would be very different though.
>>
File: Edited Resume-1.png (59 KB, 612x792) Image search: [Google]
Edited Resume-1.png
59 KB, 612x792
Rate me, I'm a sophomore in college.
>>
>>1074365
Its a giant paragraph, split it up and organize it so its easier/quicker to read
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.