[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
someone mistakenly sent me 1350$, what to do? i am poor student
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: 2016-02-01 08.55.28.png (142 KB, 739x1005) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-01 08.55.28.png
142 KB, 739x1005
someone mistakenly sent me 1350$, what to do?

i am poor student from europe and need US bank account to receive the money
>>
Be a good person and call the bank explaining to them there was some kind of mistake.
>>
>>1071921
Send it back.
>>
Talk to your local bank about it

If you really don't know the person, then it was either an accident or some kind of scam being set it.

If it was a mistake, then you are morally obligated to correct it

It could also be drug money and fuck your shit up.
>>
>>1071921
Decline it.
>>
Fuck, since when everyone on 4chan is so morally correct?
>>
Sent her a mail telling about the mistake, anyway.
>>
>>1071949
desu it could be someone just like you, or maybe with less money
you're doing the right thing op
>>
>>1071947
Real /biz/ goers don't scam for a living. If you want to do that you need the /nig/ board.
>>
She's a dental hygienist that lives in Clearwater FL, all her family is part of Scientology and owns multiple dental offices, probably not so much poor
>>
>>1071921
holyshit op i accidently sent you that. can i give you my info to send it back
>>
>>1071921
Look dude.

If you return it you might gain a reward of some kind, including valuable connections.

If you accept it, you probably just got yourself scammed. Talk to your bank about it, return the cash and then they willl at least let u keep some of it for your troubles.
>>
>>1072016

ofc just send me your info
>>
File: reply.png (36 KB, 453x224) Image search: [Google]
reply.png
36 KB, 453x224
Happy ending
>>
File: FlapjackStub.jpg (26 KB, 524x469) Image search: [Google]
FlapjackStub.jpg
26 KB, 524x469
>>1072080
Good job, anon. Allah is proud of you.
>>
File: angry pepe2.png (361 KB, 858x725) Image search: [Google]
angry pepe2.png
361 KB, 858x725
>>1072080
Congratulations you helped some random person you don't even know who could have possibly stolen that money or even committed some horrible crimes to get that money. kek.
Don't worry bro you got a 'thank you'
>>
>>1072080
What a fucking idiot.
>>
>>1072094
>let's assume the victim was evil to excuse our own evil
>>
Spend it on ethereum and don't look back.
>>
>>1072094
>>1072321
Wow so edgy
>>
>>1071921

if you were to have touched a penny of it, it immediately becomes theft

>http://fox6now.com/2015/03/10/teen-convicted-after-spending-30k-mistakenly-deposited-into-his-account/
>>
>>1072080
>Sent from my iPhone

now I'm mad
>>
>>1072080
Good man karma will be kind
>>
>>1072080
Lol you got cucked for being a faggot
>>
>>1072080
>iPhone
You fue bad
>>
>>1071921
Give it back, odds are if its a $1350 dollar rent it's somebody just like you
>>
Here in the Netherlands there is a law that dictates you must return the money. Seems like common sense to me desu family, you did the right thing OP
>>
>>1072353

This. And you'll have a huge paper trail on your back so it's easy to get caught and 1k isn't worth going to jail for.
>>
>>1071921
it's a scam, OP.
>>
>>1071947
This is lowballer shit. The only time you get your hands dirty is when you know you can outplay the fed and when theres lots of money involved, and that will be rare now since youd need to understand compter science as well as the fbi to actually have good criminal openings. Odds are there will never be an oppurotunity for a good gig, so just chat in person with your auditor and accountabt friends for insider info and call it good. (Although even that is traceable)
>>
>>1071960
Not only that but it is in fact illegal to claim money that isn't yours and of course they will know who did it.

You'd have $1300 for maybe a week or two then you'd have to pay it back or possibly have charges brought against you.
>>
>>1074877

this

Even if you are a dishonest person, it wouldn't be worth it because you'll easily be charged.
>>
>>1071947
morally correct =/= serious offense

You can seriously get in big trouble if you do not report it
>>
>>1071923

This.

If you accept it, it's very likely later on someone realizes their mistake and asks for the money back. Then threatens to sue you if you say no.
>>
>>1071921
Taking money that doesn't belong to you is illegal. Even if it were accidentally deposited into your account. They know you know it isn't yours and they will press charges if you spend it. I'd call the bank and let them know.
>>
>>1072080
Awesome man!
>>
>>1072080
Nicely done OP.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.