[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I develop the social skills necessary to succeed in normie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_1231__3434_234.jpg (141 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1231__3434_234.jpg
141 KB, 720x720
How do I develop the social skills necessary to succeed in normie white collar environments? I'm probably not even an introvert. It's just that the amount of fakeness necessary to function in the work place tears at my soul. It's like everyone has to act in a fake way at the workplace. I used to think this was something exclusively done by strippers etc. The more experience I get in the workplace, the more I think that it's important. I now suspect that it's at least 90 % of the game.

In addition: It really feels like people actively despise you if you refuse to play the social game. I know I will get people, even more on 4chan, calling me an asshole. But no, anything less than huge amounts of outgoingness means that you are really hated.
>>
>>1070673
read "how to win freinds and influence people" -dale carnegie
>>
>>1070673
>It really feels like people actively despise you if you refuse to play the social game.

Because you make it awkward for everyone else. It's like when someone asks you
>Hey hows it going?
and then you reply
>Shit actually, I lost an online argument and my apathy is killing me, my parents never GOT me that's the problem

Like dude no one gives a shit. Most people just want to go to work, do their thing and go home. We can either pretend to be friendly or be ourselves. The former wins.
>>
>>1070673
I'm not really sure. I work in a pretty big office as a programmer. Everyone is pretty much ok with me being an introvert and keeping to myself. But I do take some time to be polite and speak to people occasionally. Im not sure what kind of job you have that requires so much socialization during work where you feel it is 90%.

Just try to relax and not worry about it. No one gives as much of a shit as you think they do.

If you have social anxiety that bad you could try drinking during the day if you think you could get away with it. Or dosing up on vyvanse to make you more energetic and outgoing. But you probably just need to relax, take 2 minutes to smile, make eye contact and talk about kids/siblings/sports/tv series
>>
>>1070673

just think of being very sterile in every conversation, and also very pro-whatever company you are in.

meaning be like a nationalist but for your company, and always talk about how great the management team is and how smart the CEO is and how you love the firm culture.

never crack jokes except for the most sterile , always make chat about the weather or football, or people's family; you can end many conversations by saying that's nice.

whoever your boss is , make him feel special and kiss his ass

i haven't really been like this, but people who have do better than they otherwise would
>>
>>1070673

the best way to overcome SA is too keep pushing boundaries until your brain stops reacting with fear
>>
File: aa5.jpg (67 KB, 473x480) Image search: [Google]
aa5.jpg
67 KB, 473x480
Daily reminder this is the value of financial independence

you can act however the fuck you want when you have no fear of losing your job
in fact it may even make people like you more
>>
>>1070673
Its either deliberate or incompetance. Atmospheres don't get that toxic without the boss' permission. Look for a new job.
>>
Just b urself (seriously).
Figure out what lines you need to stay behind to keep you out of the fat HR lady's office, but other than that just act how you normally would in other social situations.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.