[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blackberry (BBRY)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: index.png (2 KB, 151x151) Image search: [Google]
index.png
2 KB, 151x151
Will this share ever rebound? Or is it stuck at about 7 bucks forever? I was thinking about buying some for the long term but I don't know... What do you think?
>>
I bought in last week, just 20 shares but it's one I plan on holding long term, along with xom
>>
>>1070233
They rewrote their platform when they released BBV10 to compete with iPhones and androids.

It didn't really help then and they're basically all out of moves as a company. Very few businesses have contracts with BB anymore and the number isn't going to grow
>>
Some of their IP holdings are the only thing of value. As a brand, they're dead.

It may spike if/when they're bought out but I wouldn't put my money in waiting for the day.
>>
>>1070233
Only way to save them is for them to start making phones with android OS.
>>
>>1070272
>>1070241
>>1070268

FYI - the new BlackBerry PRIV is the most secure phone on the market right now, and surprise surprise, it's running Android. THAT was the major thing that BlackBerry was missing before, that they now finally got. BlackBerry was missing the ability to access and use a lot of apps -- but now that they've decided to dump their native OS, I can see BlackBerry will be making a comeback of some sort. They're not gone yet, and if they continue to produce phones that are as high-end and top of the line like the Priv, then they won't be gone for quite some time still.

Regarding security, Blackberry has always been great with security, and what they did this time around is they virtualized the Android OS so the device can't be rooted, and there is technology on the hardware chip that verifies whether or not the OS has been tampered with.

The Priv is a winner for the consumer, even with its high price and abysmal sales. The only thing that sucks about it is the name.

https://versus.com/en/apple-iphone-6-vs-blackberry-priv
>>
>>1070233
They have nowhere to go. Their share of the market gets smaller every quarter.

Security is their only plus and it's not big enough for people to really care. I love them and carry a Q10 but I don't invest in them.
>>
File: 1414078355403.jpg (13 KB, 192x154) Image search: [Google]
1414078355403.jpg
13 KB, 192x154
>>1071246
>Most secure phone on the market right now
>>
File: obama-phone.jpg (35 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
obama-phone.jpg
35 KB, 450x300
>>1071494
Evidence it's not? I'm not talking about military-grade phones like this General Dynamics one... talking about average everyday phones you the everyday consumer can buy at their local store
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.