[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
my only goal is to eventually buy a comfy house in a nice area
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: 32.jpg (135 KB, 800x629) Image search: [Google]
32.jpg
135 KB, 800x629
my only goal is to eventually buy a comfy house in a nice area downtown toronto which runs around 1-2 million bucks canadian

I'm doing a grad degree in statistics at a top 5 worldwide school right now and have a lot of job prospects all around the world

what job should I try to get to make this dream come true, where in the world is easiest to make a large salary, and how much yearly will I need to earn to hit that ~1.5 million mark for a house if I have no other desires at all
>>
>>1065993
>possible job prospects over the world
>Buying a shitty, illiquid investment in Toronto
Check yourself for brain damage
>>
>>1066011
Not op but Toronto real estate is very liquid, some chink will scoop it up 20% above market value and pays cash. The houses are shitty yes but it's the location of the property. Not so shitty, t.o houses are expensive af
>>
File: 1352288419100.jpg (178 KB, 969x697) Image search: [Google]
1352288419100.jpg
178 KB, 969x697
$1-2 million for that ugly pile of bricks?
>>
>>1066027

I know right? I've seen similar homes in Cincinnati, Ohio for $40,000 -$250,000, all depending on if they are renovated or not.
>>
>>1066027
>>1066034
LOL wtf is Cincinnati, Toronto shitty pile of bricks costs so much because you're living in Toronto. Seriously come visit it's a great fucking city, like new York minus all the crime and beaners
>>
>>1066036

>minus all the crime

That isn't true at all.

>minus all the beaners

There's areas in Toronto where Syrian immigrants and persians live. They're your beaners.
>>
>>1066042
That doesn't change the fact the other option is Cincinnati.
>>
File: laughing burns.gif (2 MB, 176x144) Image search: [Google]
laughing burns.gif
2 MB, 176x144
>>1066036
>Toronto
>it's a great fucking city,
>like new York
It's literally the worst city in Canada. It's Atlanta with snow.
>>
>>1066036
>Toronto
>Great place to live

Yeah if you like overpriced shit, everything being crowded and the unbearable stench of curry.

Seriously everytime I go to Toronto I feel as though I took a wrong turn somewhere and ended up in Somalia or Sri Lanka.
>>
>>1066045

Cincinnati is great, home to 3-4 of the best universities/colleges in the world. The whole city was built by germans so you know it's well made.
>>
>>1065993
most of toronto is a hellhole but some of those suburbs are fucking gorgeous
>>
>>1066067
Rotten core syndrome. It will probably get there given enough time.

It's too bad about Detroit because that is some prime land making out like a wasteland right now. Same thing could happen to TO, it's a city built on finance which may see a major correction in the years ahead. Finance is going automation and self serve now.
>>
>>1066034
>>1066036
Location. Location. Location.

I can't speak for Toronto, but I live in Austin right now and real estate is way overpriced. I used to live in Georgetown and in Cincinnati. Anyway, it depends on where you live in Cincinnati as Hyde Park, Wyoming, Montgomery/Blue Ash, and Indian Hill can be downright expensive albeit you will get more bang for your buck.

D.C. is goofy. Georgetown especially. Anyway, I don't see the comparison so much between Cincinnati and Toronto really, although geographically they're closer together than say Austin or D.C. Ohio is kind of like a lower Canada, especially near the Great Lakes...I miss Lake Erie so much and her islands.

I think that that house being 1-2 million is silly considering I hear Toronto kind of sucks because (according to Canadians I've spoken to) it's a reactionary progressive shithole loaded to bear with feminists, LBGTQ radicals, brown people, and Scarborough. Whatever, to each their own, but Toronto and Hongcouver (nothing against Chinese folks, but I prefer my own culture and people) would be on the bottom of my list. Top of the list would be some nice cities in Alberta, Quebec, and/or a smaller maritime province ala Nova Scotia, Cape Breton and Prince Edward Island. To each their own, I'd visit Toronto but probably not want to live there. I like smaller cities or more rural/suburban areas. I say this as a guy who's lived in Cleveland, Cincinnati, Austin, D.C., and New York City, and frankly I can't stand fucking cities.

Hey nothing against Asians, feminists, or Scarborough (I happen to like Fred Wah, who last time I checked was Canada's poet laureate), Lisa Robertson (another poet who happens to probably be a rabid feminist) and St. Augustine's Seminary is in Scarborough I think. Almost went there.
>>
>>1065993
>I'm doing a grad degree in statistics at a top 5 worldwide school right now and have a lot of job prospects all around the world
This sounds like bullshit, how are there people smart enough to "be at a top 5 school in the world, and have worldwide job prospects", but they want to buy some shitty overpriced house in a shitty place and come to a shitty board on a shitty website for advice on what to do with their shitty life?
>>
>>1066098
Of course it's bullshit.

Every week some Canadian makes a thread about his successful endeavors and his huge dreams.
>>
>>1066042
>There's areas in Toronto where Syrian immigrants and persians live. They're your beaners.
Wrong. Muslims will behead you. Mexicans only behead each other.
>>
>>1066052
No it's not.
>>
>>1065993
1-2M for that is the ultimate cuckery.

I see people do the same shit in Chicago near the baseball stadiums.

Meanwhile their counterparts in the suburbs have 6-10K sqft McMansions for roughly the same cost.
>>
>>1066137

m8 the suburbs are shit

I would rather live in a studio apartment downtown than a mcmansion in the suburbs
>>
>>1065993
a house like that costs 30/40 grand here.
>>
>>1065993
>wntown toronto which runs around 1-2 million bucks canadian
>what job should I try to get to make this dream come true

Don't be a retard. You know there is no job that will pay you enough to get what you want. + all the shit you'll deal with to be someones b..... If you're smart enough to have a graduate degree in statistics, you're smart enough to open your own business.
>>
>>1066137
Those McMansions are cheap for a reason tard. The suburbs are shit tier.

Also 1-2 million for a ugle house in Toronto? You buy a beautiful Victorian French home in Nola for that price, lmao.
>>
File: genMid.09034615_1_2.jpg (180 KB, 623x414) Image search: [Google]
genMid.09034615_1_2.jpg
180 KB, 623x414
>>1066303
Cheap for a reason? Yeah, sure bud.

Tell me which you would rather own. OP's pic or this.
>>
>>1066318
Yet again, has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.
>>
>>1066303

What an idiot.

Beyond what he says, >>1066321

You live in the city? You may live in an expensive zip code, but you have to live 1 mile away from poor people.

Who wants to live next to poor people?

Poor people that aren't lazy or criminal become not poor and leave poor areas, the ones that stay are a nightmare to live next to, throwing empty bags of meth everything, leaving AIDS infested needles in the street, you get it
>>
>>1066102
>Mexicans may be illegally immigrated shitskin trash, but they're OUR illegally immigrated shitskin trash.

I kind of like this.
>>
>>1065993

Why are houses so expensive in Toronto...?

Seriously. It's a cold. I don't get it.
>>
>>1066478
>Why are houses so expensive in Toronto...?

High demand.
>>
>>1066337
Yes, also the city of the house I linked has a median household income of $105K, median family income of $130K with top schools in the state.

You're not living by poor people by any means, just not in the city.
>>
>>1066596
>median 105k
There could easily be 10,000 poor people in there.
>>
File: hahahahahahaha.jpg (79 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
hahahahahahaha.jpg
79 KB, 640x426
I went to see what you could buy for a million in toronto and instead found this piece of shit lol

this house is literally $3,400,000

this is what 3 and half mil gets you in toronto

you would need to be fucking full retard to be able to live anywhere and end up choosing this

http://www.remax.ca/on/toronto-real-estate/na-116-hazelton-ave-w-na-crea_id16457789-lst/

most million dollar houses I saw weren't even FUCKING DETACHED HOUSES THEY WERE FUCKING SEMIS HOLY FUCK
>>
File: $_27.jpg (59 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
$_27.jpg
59 KB, 640x480
>>1065993
Fuck that, move to London Ontario
>old east village
>better value for money
>500k house will be worth a mil in ten years
Less black people, mostly white ass city. low crime rate.
world class university and future tech outpost being built as we speak in the old kellogs factory.
Look at this beautiful fucking house.
LOOK at it.
$255,275.00
Address 821 Dufferin Ave, London, ON N5W 3J9
>>
Toronto is a shit overpriced city.

1 million dollars in Toronto would give you a 1 bedroom condo in a frozen Chinese-Indian city.
1 million dollars in Miami would give a mansion and a nice lifestyle.

fuck Toronto.
>>
>>1066933
London is pretty nice all things considered. It's a white haven in Ontario and people regularly criticize it for being too white, which is of course actually a good thing. Only drawbacks are that first the entire city is pretty much suburbia and nothing else which is boring for somebody who wants a more city feel, and second that it's hard to get a high wage job there.
>>
>>1065993
kill yourself toronto is the worst city in canada to live in
>>
>>1068514
And the most relevant

But "muh degeneracy" right?
>>>/pol/
>>
>>1068522
lol I live in downtown Toronto in the Annex, houses here are $2-$3 mil

I've been to many cities the world over and can assure you Toronto is on of the worst cities in the world, not just Canada.

Roads and transit cannot sustain the population, most of the population consists of immigrants that can't be bothered to learn any english (apart from lines they practiced for insurance scams), job prospects are poor, and everything is overpriced (not just housing).

As soon as I graduate I'm dumping all my assets tied to this shithole and moving far away.
>>
>>1068522
relevant to what? you cant make real money there
>>
>>1068727
so accurate, shitty overcrowded roads, awful commutes, terrible public transit, everything is expensive, awful houses for 5x what they're worth, terrible feminist culture, flooded with immigrants

its all the drawbacks of nyc except less jobs, lower wages, and its not nyc
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.