[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm a 19 year old highschool dropout that has a few years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 1453598650652.jpg (20 KB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1453598650652.jpg
20 KB, 360x270
I'm a 19 year old highschool dropout that has a few years before getting kicked out. I have $1000 in the bank and no car. I like the idea of starting my own business but it seems that I'm quite far off of doing that money wise. What the fuck should I do
>>
buy PRAN
>>
>>1065667
Businesses can be started for pennies. just do something that people need. Pool cleaning or potato planting.
>>
>>1065667
Go finish your GED you fucking delinquent.
>>
File: 1452226210797.jpg (61 KB, 960x639) Image search: [Google]
1452226210797.jpg
61 KB, 960x639
Let my consult my crystal ball for your life path OP. Here's what it says about your future...

You get a full time job. 40 hours a week at minimum. Probably at somewhere like McD's. Bank a little of the pittance you make, blowing the rest of partying and general buttfuckery. You take a class or two and get your GED in between shifts at said job. You also get your drivers license with use of your parents car if you don't already have one.

Once you finish all of that, you'll join the student loan meme and decide where to go from there. Around that time you'll be moving into a one bedroom efficiency because your parents booted your lazy ass out. You'll meet a nice toothless girl that lives down the hall. She'll derail you from your goals. Eventually, you drop out of school and blow the rest of the student loan money. OH shit - she's prego. Shortly after you two brainstorm up how many sweet sweet autismbux you can get per kid. She pops out 2 more. We collectively support you financially.

Then, eight years later when you come home from your fabulous roofing job.. you walk in and she's fucking the neighbor in your projects. In a fit a rage you move out into said one bedroom efficiency you started at. You're now 30 with destroyed credit, no education, 3 kids with a bitch you hate and dem child support payments are due son.

ALL because you asked a russian origami image board what you should do with your life at 19.

Oddly enough, you return to said board at that time in depression and alcoholism to live out the rest of your life as a NEET.

The end.
>>
>>1065667
What country are you in?
>>
>>1065667
>high school drop out
>wants to start a business

Ok
>>
>>1065682
Already finished

>>1065733
US

>>1065678
I really liked the other anon's idea of hydroponics and growing inside of a building but I dont know where to start
>>
>>1065729
OP this guy is telling the truth but there is no crystal ball this is his life story
>>
>>1065729
>You'll get a full time job
>Your employer will actually let you have 40 or more hours, qualifying for Obama care
>his working class parents would let them use their single, much needed used vehicle

Sure thing grandpa. What kind of utopian fantasy do you live in?
>>
>>1065729
Sounds tough, but this guy is probably right.

You should go back and finish high school, join the student loan meme, get a degree in something useful (no art is not useful), and go to work at a normal place.
>>
>>1065764
the post above yours is OP warming to the idea of hydroponics and indoor growing.

i stand by my dollar store crystal balls projections.
>>
>>1065796
I took horticulture classes while in highschool so I know a bit about growing. What would you recommend I do?
>>
>>1065667
Don't worry bro i got you hit me up ill trade forex for anyone on biz only. [email protected]
>>
>>1065823
Honestly? Get in school immediately and get a part time job.

Above all - stop looking for get rich quick schemes. They're a myth perpetuated by the lazy. The sooner you accept the that sooner you'll excel at whatever you find a passion for.
>>
File: my_hand.jpg (2 MB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
my_hand.jpg
2 MB, 1920x2560
>>1065667
I was basically you like 2.5 years ago. Enroll into a community college. Just trust me. Try to get your family to pay for it. It will cost like 2.5K per semester if you do full-time, and you can probably take all of the classes online if you want.

I had many chances to start community college but I just put it off and made excuses that I don't think were too valid at the time, looking back. I could have started in January of 2014, and I'm now starting in January of 2016. Trust me, you'll regret doing absolutely nothing with your time as a high school drop-out NEET. I could have been starting my third year of college at this point and I'm just starting. I'm only 20, but it's still time that I definitely wasted on the academia front. I spent 2.5 years browsing 4chan and playing guitar in my bedroom. To think, I'm considered to be some lightweight in terms of NEET-dom. I'd probably kill myself if I had to do that for another year.
>>
File: IMG_20151227_150906034.jpg (2 MB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151227_150906034.jpg
2 MB, 1920x2560
>>1066988
>>1066988
>>1066988
>>1066988
Don't do what I did. Go to school, even if it's all online like I'm doing now. Get a job. Save money up. Stay in shape. Read books. Do fucking something. Just don't spend your entire day in your bedroom on 4chan. If I could go back to when I just turned 18 and finished 11th grade(with the knowledge I have right now, mind you) I would enroll into my local community college like I'm doing right now and be so far ahead, academically, on paper, than I am right now. Being that I'm only 20, it doesn't matter much and I had my time to explore and not have to do anything as an 'adult' for a few years, but... I really can't explain it well enough. You'll end up feeling very bad about staying in your room all day. Trust me. You get out of shape. Your speech becomes more slurred because you don't actually talk much or you just mumble to yourself. You dig yourself a hole that becomes harder to pull yourself out of the longer you go. Social interactions feel weird. Everything outside of your bedroom/house feels weird, like a distant memory.

I know I said to trust me multiple times here, but you really should.
>>
>>1065667
DO NOT stake everything you have on a business when you can't even support yourself. Businesses require money to run too. A fraction of startups take off, and those are people who can support them long term. Long term survival=higher chance to take off. Businesses also require a certain degree of skill in whatever that business is. Your business will likely tank and you'll blow your savings.

Do what >>1065729
>>1065837
>>1066988
>>1066989
Say. Although I'd recommend a trade school like welding since your finances are so tight. Work part time, be frugal as fuck, get a trade. Remember, wealth isn't how much your make, it's how much you save. When you're making 50k a year and saving at least 40% of it, then you can think about starting a business.
>>
>>1066988
>>1066989
Thank you anon I will go back to school
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.