[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Being rich isn't the most important thing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 8
File: 1450875262914.jpg (141 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1450875262914.jpg
141 KB, 720x720
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYtJW0J7rNM
>>
The boy's dad made the mistake of having kids without being financially secure, which forced him into working multiply dead-end jobs because he didn't have the freedom to setup a better line of income.
>>
>>1063650
Not everyone can be as cool as you, big businessman.
>>
>>1063656
No they can't, and that's a good thing.
>>
>>1063662
Don't you care about the kids that go hungry in this world?
>>
>>1063664
Why have kids if you're not confident in your financial future?
>>
>>1063664
I really don't... in the areas of the world where this is actually a thing, the people leading had plenty of opportunities so take action to ensure a higher-quality of life for their offspring but decided to stay close to their culture and teachings, regardless of the piss-poor outcome for the next generation.
>>
>>1063664
Just because you're hungry doesn't mean you're entitled to getting benefits. This mentality has created the biggest fuckup of our life aka. the insane population of Africans who are only alive because of free food. Thanks for that Bill Gates.

About the topic of the thread: I think that a single person should be able to take care of their family with a single job and families should get benefits from having children. However the minimum wage and the amount of benefits should be low enough. We need more children for hardworking people but we don't need more children for jobless gibsmedats. If you have a job you should get the benefits and if not then you should either get lower benefits or the children should be taken away from you if neither of the parents can get a job in timeframe X. Nobody forces you to have children.
>>
>>1063611
lmao. All I see is a video made by some butt-hurt dad who doesn't have any discernible skills and goofed up by having kids earlier in life.

America is still the place the poor flock to for prosperity. Some of the only people who talk about the 1% are white lower-middle class families that refuse to check their privilege.

They are the same people who think investing is dumb, leasing a new car is smart, and living above your means on credit is the way to go.

These people only blame their problems on the 1% because they don't have what it takes to look at themselves to see how they've fucked up. If they would just work their asses off, invest their earnings, live below their means, and discover what's needed in their area, then they could get ahead by owning a business.

It's not that fucking hard, just walk into any business owned by an immigrant and ask them about where they came from and how they started a business.

Everyone who complains about the 1% are either young rebellious white fucks who already come from rich privileged families or people who don't understand the fundamentals of capitalism.
>>
>>1063675
1 in 5 Canadian children are considered below the poverty line, I imagine it's similar in the United States.
>>
>>1063694
I'm supposed to feel something for the offspring of retarded people?
>>
>>1063702
>Dad was a logger during the 90's
>market goes to shit and went from $100k a year to nothing
>we live in a camping trailer for two months while our property sells because we can't sell lumber because our costs are too high
>parents couldn't afford anything so that makes them retarded

your a fucking moron. While I agree an unemployed black family shouldn't have kids if they can't afford them, things do happen.

It's unethical to stop people from having kids. You as a big boi business man should understand about ethics.
>>
>>1063611

Complainging about 'muh 1%' doesn't offer any solutions. It is an unarguable fact that free-market capitalism has brought more people out of poverty than anything in history. The challenge is in finding a way to fairly share the proceeds of it without causing undue harm to the economy. The great struggle of modern governance seems to be finding a social contract that works in a globalised economy, and nothing that these people put forward has anything to offer in that area.
>>
>>1063723
>$100k/year

And he had no savings or investments? He really is a retard then. Thank you for proving the guy's point.

How fucking dumb do you have to be to be making 6 figures for years and not have anything to fall back on? Wtf did he spend his money on, cocaine and jetskis?
>>
>>1063723
These kind of scenarios are even worse, it gives the children a taste of a stable financial life and then it goes to shit, creating bitter, entitled little shits.

Dem evil markets, that was the reason your dad lost his wealth, absolutely!
>>
>>1063743
Bought new equipment, a logging truck and a skidder.

Also got fucked on a deal for a piece of land because of selective bids, even though he had a better plan and bid, which is the main reason.

Things happen,

and stop cherry picking an argument and acting like a nigger. You of all people should know about reinvesting into the company.

Keep feeling good about yourself when your daddy bought everything for you, even though your a useless cunt who would be nowhere without your parents money.

Im out.
>>
>>1063743
This. There´s no excuse for stupidity. Let the poor rot
>>
>>1063754
>Bought new equipment, a logging truck and a skidder.

That's not too bright to spend $100,000's on, is it?

>and stop cherry picking an argument and acting like a nigger. You of all people should know about reinvesting into the company.

What? If anything you are the one cherrypicking here. Reinvesting into a company is wise but spending your last dollars into something and not leaving any backup plans for yourself is unwise. And things such as exactly what happened to your gay dad, occur.

>Keep feeling good about yourself when your daddy bought everything for you, even though your a useless cunt who would be nowhere without your parents money.

Except that's not true. My parents are poor immigrants and we lived in a 1 bedroom apartment altogether during most of childhood.

And guess what? Now they're (reasonably) financial stable.
>>
>>1063743

Literally half the guys I work with are like this. It's mostly women mortgage and taking expensive vacations.
>>
>>1063734

This, desu. While it is a given that wealth distribution is far from balanced and the gap between classes keeps growing, I have yet to hear these hippie liberals make a coherent argument as to how to improve the situation, outside of literally asking for the richer people to give them money because...reasons?
>>
>>1063757
>>1063763
Yeah it's a fucking joke.

In Alberta there were uneducated redneck ex-convicts who were making like $35/hr 12 hours a day without a hs diploma because of "muh oilrigs", needless to say they spent it all on dumb bullshit and have been hanging themselves in record numbers recently because the gravytrain ended and while they should have been in an amazing financial position right now are completely fucked.
>>
>>1063763

My experience too (although in a Eastern European country with lower income and lower expenses).

I know so many people who make 2x or 3x the average salary (on a national level) and still have zero savings after years of 9 to 5 work. They piss it all off on depreciating assets and spend their free time lazing around, then when they lose their job for whatever reason, all they do is cry about how the system is unfair.

Fuck em, I say.
>>
>>1063694
>1 in 5 Canadian children are considered below the poverty line, I imagine it's similar in the United States.

Also this is because of the mentality of the average Canadian.

They are surely among the least economically/political/financially conscious and yet splurge all their money on random things. They make no plans regarding their financial future let alone retirement. They just kind of "take it as it comes".
>>
>>1063774
>I know so many people who make 2x or 3x the average salary (on a national level) and still have zero savings after years of 9 to 5 work. They piss it all off on depreciating assets and spend their free time lazing around, then when they lose their job for whatever reason, all they do is cry about how the system is unfair.

That sure does sound like Eastern Europe desu.

There is definitely quite a cancerous mindset similar to what you're talking about over there, at least according to a few good friends.

Definitely crabs in a bucket mentality.
>>
People shouldn´t buy fancy cars and big houses and go on big holidays, and then when they get fired to find out they have no back up and that their assets are actually liabilities, and then to rely on other people, WHO DIDN`T do all the fancy stuff because they weren´t financially retarded, to pay for their mistakes, while they enjoyed all the nice things in life. People like that deserve to live on the street for a while so they can experience that their spending habits were fucked up.
>>
>>1063781

I'm in Montenegro to be more precise. Try Balkan mentality.

What's more frustrating is that these very same people are ridiculously passionate about trivial issues fed to them by various political groups. They never give a second thought to their economic future, but they sure as fuck have a loud opinion about whether Montenegrin Orthodox church or Serbian orthodox church is the one to go to, and they'll get into a yelling match over any given football match.

But try to talk about something pertaining to their actual lives and they shrug you off.
>>
>>1063650
absolutely this.

look around and look at the people complaining about money. Its never the single guy trying to support himself with a moderate liviing. its usually the 20 year old with like 3 kids, white trash or whatever. Its not my fault he cant support his kids and was stupid. Money is and will always a problem for everyone. Its common. If you are disabled, live in an abusive household, getting swifter by employers, or live in a nation where race is an issue, then that's a problem.

i also agree that the 1% should absolutely be looked into and redistribute wealth. They're not spending enough for the wealth that they receive in profits. A mansion is fine, a yacht is fine, a lamborgini is fine and the maintence and repairs should be enough to employ people and live off of but what about the rest of the money?
>>
File: 1416337812878.gif (1 MB, 271x201) Image search: [Google]
1416337812878.gif
1 MB, 271x201
>mfw OP's thread backfires this hard
>>
>>1063793
If I were a billionaire I would pump it into private space industry, at least the amount I can spare.
If we can open private space industry and SpaceX/blueOrigin to succeed on Mars it´ll allow millions of more jobs and people.

It has no use to invest in food or vaccines in Africa. That is counterproductive.
>>
>>1063792
>What's more frustrating is that these very same people are ridiculously passionate about trivial issues fed to them by various political groups. They never give a second thought to their economic future, but they sure as fuck have a loud opinion about whether Montenegrin Orthodox church or Serbian orthodox church is the one to go to, and they'll get into a yelling match over any given football match.

This is literally Eastern European/Slav mentality.

They'll beat the shit out of eachother for liking the wrong Football team but won't care about saving up some money.
>>
It all went to shit with Keynes and the spend all you have mentality
>>
>>1063763
You need to learn how to use commas. I thought you were comparing having a woman to paying mortgage.
>>
>>1063793
>i also agree that the 1% should absolutely be looked into and redistribute wealth. They're not spending enough for the wealth that they receive in profits. A mansion is fine, a yacht is fine, a lamborgini is fine and the maintence and repairs should be enough to employ people and live off of but what about the rest of the money?

But this is false.

What do you think will happen when you redistribute the money?(Disregarding the moral aspects of literally stealing from successful people)

Given enough time, maybe 5-10 years at most everything will start to slide back into it's original place. The people who didn't deserve the money will get scammed/buy some meme shit that the ex-rich people make and the ex-rich people will make do with what little they have and find ways to make it big again.
>>
There has never been an easier time to become rich
The possibilities and the infrastructure are and is everywhere,
>>
>>1063804
>They'll beat the shit out of eachother for liking the wrong Football team but won't care about saving up some money.

I hate to agree, but I do.

Still, just makes it easier for me to prosper in comparison. Too bad my parents are public school teachers and therefore left me zero starting capital to work with, so it was a real struggle to get started but I'm getting there.
>>
>>1063812
Absolutely this.

>BUT MUH YOUNG FAMILYY
>>
>>1063765
The answer is education but hippie liberals ruined that and now use the government to stop any improvements to the system.
>>
>>1063801
>private space industry
>no use to invest in food or vaccines in Africa. That is counterproductive.
i dont want to alarm you but space exploration is a hoax. always has been. There's a reason why its looked at as nothing of interest because there's nothing there, its an illusion pushed by NASA and its going to unfold many years down the road. that's why that SpaceX owner was crying when he was interviewed about the future of space exploration. Nothing survives in the upper thermosphere and beyond because of the sun. Everything that involves communication is landbased, always has been. Im opening a can of worms putting this out there because you wouldn't believe what it means:
http://www.newsweek.com/undersea-cables-transport-99-percent-international-communications-319072

anyway, My route if i had billions would be to invest in solar farms, stem cell research, underwater construction research, new metal research, and give some people a free ride in life by funding lotteries. Id buy a mansion and convert it to a research facility for shits and giggles, buy a new sports car every now and then to stimulate a car dealer and research with university students on my own time.
>>
>>1063815
>Too bad my parents are public school teachers and therefore left me zero starting capital to work with, so it was a real struggle to get started but I'm getting there.

Literally same but moved to a civilized country(Canada).

Oh well I'm working on it senpai. I got like ~$25k networth right now.
>>
>>1063819
>because there's nothing there

Oh dear God, you couldn't possibly be this thick. I'd explain to you how retarded you are but I don't have 5-6 hours to spare.
>>
File: 1453910831756.jpg (2 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
1453910831756.jpg
2 MB, 1944x2592
>>1063611
Health is the most important thing. If you don't have health you have nothing.
>>
>>1063833
If you have money you can buy great healthcare.
Money is not the biggest factor in here but it's really important.

Also having enough money means enough time for fitness and good quality healthy good.

Next to that, it's likely that within 60 years rich people will be able to live much longer then havenots because of amazing developments in genetics, cell generation and bionics.
>>
>>1063841
*healthy food
>>
>>1063833
>Health is the most important thing. If you don't have health you have nothing.

>Get injured for whatever reason
>Have enough money to fall back on so that you can rest at home for as long as needed instead of rushing back to work to pay your bills
>Can afford best surgeons, physiotherapists, etc.

Yeah money is really useless. I'm sure.

Look at how quickly Professional Athletes get back into their sport after a traumatic injury. That is what you can do if you have enough money to afford the same physiotherapists and doctors as them.
>>
>>1063841
>If you have money you can buy great healthcare.

Try curing terminal cancer with money.

Try fixing Parkinson's with Money

Try fixing ALS with money...

Just admit you are wrong.

HEALTH IS the most important thing.
>>
>>1063774
>Realtor friend makes 500k/yr from 2000 - 2007
>300k of which is discretionary
>Had no savings, no investments, 10k liquid at Q4 of 07

Some people are just financially stupid and more money would only add fuel to the fire.

>>1063754
Your fathers problem, like most people, was that he should of down sized and liquidate asset.
Had this same problem when dealing with all the people who couldn't afford their houses after their ARM kicked in.
>>
>>1063853
How's Michael Schumacher doing?

Look at your retarded logic. "If you have money you can fix anything." Why did Junior Seau kill himself? Why do many NFL athletes with MILLIONS in the bank. More than enough to buy the best doctors and the best healthcare still have horrible lives of CHRONIC PAIN and often commit suicide.

HEALTH Trumps Wealth.

I'd rather be a 25 yo with 100K in my bank and earning that much in income each year.

Than a 75 yo with 100Million... with tired joints, sagging body, being sore. Having less energy... NO thanks..

Health over Wealth ANY DAY
>>
File: 1453916168499.jpg (2 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
1453916168499.jpg
2 MB, 1944x2592
>>1063774
They need to read the Millionaire Mind and the Millionaire Next Door... They increase their income but also increase their lifestyle and expenses.. Something Keynes wrote a lot about.
>>
>>1063825
Graviton
In physics, the graviton is a hypothetical elementary particle that mediates the force of gravitation in the framework of quantum field theory. If it exists, the graviton is expected to be massless and must be a spin-2 boson.

space is a lie.
>>
>>1063865
One does not cancel the other out faggot. You can be healthy and wealthy. There's no reason to aim for 1.
>>
>>1063793
>but what about the rest of the money?

none of your business bernie
>>
Poor people are trash. They just want to blame someone else for their sorry existence.
>>
File: 95994207_640.jpg (50 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
95994207_640.jpg
50 KB, 640x360
>>1063865
>and often commit suicide.
>often
If it was actually often, you'd be listing a statistic instead of one name (Junior Seau). The fact you put chronic pain in all caps, as if athletes are the only ones who have it, shows how naive you are about real life.

>I'd rather be a 25 yo with 100K in my bank and earning that much in income each year.

That makes absolutely no sense... those two sentences could describe the same person. Maybe you should've used two examples that were the same age? I want to insult you but I feel sympathy for someone who makes such terrible arguments.
>>
>>1063865

So, being 25 is better than being 75 and this somehow relates to a discussion on wealth because...what? Poor people don't grow old?

I suggest you read the /pol/ sticky on logical fallacies before typing another word, champ.
>>
>>1063762
>My parents are poor immigrants and we lived in a 1 bedroom apartment altogether during most of childhood. And guess what? Now they're (reasonably) financial stable.

This right here. Both my parents came from immigrant families and worked their asses off to get degrees (back in the day when that mattered) and went from working class to upper middle class.

Anon's dad sounds like a dumb ass.
>>
>>1064366
Well there is no denying people appreciate financial restraint after living in poverty, and I don;t think the answer is "democracy", a bill of individual rights is far more important because the herd is retarded and very dangerous. There is more than ample history to prove that point.

Having said that, something needs to be done to reign in global fascism, shit is getting way out of control. It's a race to the bottom led by a entities that are by definition psychopathic.
>>
>>1064427
While I don't disagree, i thought we were just talking about how Anon's dad blew off all his money.

Eh well have some form of soft revolution soon that will mess with workplaces. It's not even about money anymore. Just the hostility towards the job seeker.
>>
>>1064540
>It's not even about money anymore. Just the hostility towards the job seeker.

It's a buyer's market.

Tons of cheap labor, technological advances and huge overpopulation cause it.
>>
>>1063692
This.
>>
>>1063694
1 in 5 children is a minority, so yes that is correct
>>
>>1063799
He knew what he was doing
>>
File: shibe_shiggy.jpg (88 KB, 1700x1700) Image search: [Google]
shibe_shiggy.jpg
88 KB, 1700x1700
I support the idea of social safety nets, but if you take that lifeline you have given up your right to talk about the rich, or to complain about the rich.
>>
>>1064776

naive bro. Most people are shit, and have no shame. No proper saftey net can exist without people using it as a hammock. Better to just let private charity take care of people imo.
>>
>>1063611
>wahhhh, the rules are readily available but I'm too stupid to read before playing the game, now listen to my castrated son sing about being poor and give me free stuff!
>>
>>1063694

How many of the 4 are Arabs and Indian immigrants
>>
>>1063723

So your parents had no Emergency funds and lived paycheck to paycheck on 100k
>>
File: LegendOfTheGalacticHeroes.gif (58 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
LegendOfTheGalacticHeroes.gif
58 KB, 267x200
>>1064782
strong nations must be able to affluent enough to support even its weakest link
>>
>>1064977
No they don't.
>>
>>1064977
>its weakest link
In a closed borders world, yes. It's 2016, the most prosperous nation has to deal with the poor of all the other nations.
>>
>>1063723
>It's unethical to stop people from having kids.
What the fuck? No nigger it's unethical to HAVE kids. There's 7 billion people. Stop already.
>>
>>1064782
>Better to just let private charity take care of people imo.

thats actually how it used to work until the government outlawed it.
>>
>>1063825
>I can't actually list any of the rebuttals that I definately have.
You could have at least mentioned GPS satellites and the ISS.
>>
>>1063611
I'm less concerned about being rich (except beyond my parents request to strive to be more rich than them, which is a hell of a request) than running an organization and doing what I'm passionate about in the process - financial independence would be nice though, but I've come to abhor my idleness tendencies.
>>
>>1064998
Who is ethical when their hormones are raging and they don't even know shit about life yet? All it takes is come momentary monetary comfort and many happy couples will shit out a few kids in a few years. Then there is the whole third world that shits out kids non stop because its an investment of sorts, they expect some to be pruned out by life.
>>
>>1064993
tell that to the Swiss and Singaporeans :p
>>
>>1063611
Yes everyone should send letters not get educated and work more... good thinking.

Fucking leftists..
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.