[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is "work productivity and efficiency" a baby boomer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1446756760730.png (688 KB, 460x628) Image search: [Google]
1446756760730.png
688 KB, 460x628
is "work productivity and efficiency" a baby boomer buzz word or did millennials come up with that?
>>
File: busywork.png (439 KB, 440x594) Image search: [Google]
busywork.png
439 KB, 440x594
>>1061300
Nope, there's a difference between productive work and busy work.

This is busy work for math classes.
>>
>>1061358
>that pic
Why add up the difference between two numbers? Of course you can do it like that but it's not as quick as just doing simple subtraction.
>>
>>1061372
He's saying these days you get marks deducted if you don't show your working no matter how trivial it may be for you
>>
>>1061387
If that's the nightmare they've turned subtraction into, I shudder to think what they have in store for calculus.
>>
>>1061372
>Why add up the difference between two numbers?
Busywork. Instead of making 32-12 a matter of two operations, they're inflating it to...SEVEN.

>>1061387
Nah, the new way is anything but trivial. It turns a trivial problem into something overblown.

>>1061398
I think that by calculus, there's no normie to do normie math left.
>>
>>1061398
"New" math
One last gasp at getting americans to do math before they're automated out of the workforce. It didn't work the last time it was shoved down our throats; it wont now.
>>
>>1061423
>new math
In Sweden the set theory was taught to kids in the 70s.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.