[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
friend stuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: same.jpg (13 KB, 500x259) Image search: [Google]
same.jpg
13 KB, 500x259
"There's an amazing truck near a farm and I literally can't buy it because I don't have the hours to afford the insurance but at the same time I can't get a job that would supply me the hours"

hes also told me hes been turned down atleast 4 times because he has no car, do you guys have any advice?
how do poor people ascend in life??
>>
>>1060109
Im poor with no car. If he wants a job he should look into LYING.

Do NOT tell those fuckers trying to enslave you that you don't have a car at the interview.
DO look up public transportation options. My old town didn't even have a bus, but we did have rural county access. Had to call a number, schedule a ride 3 days in advance, be ready an hour beforehand. It gave me a ride though.

If you want success you can get it. You have to be willing to do something for it though, not make excuses like hes doing.
>>
>>1060120

"friend: As a full time employee I need to work consistently meaning I need my own way of getting there and I also need to provide a valid drivers license
OP: your mom has car right
friend: She does but she needs it
OP: what if you got your license
friend: No bc our hours conflict
friend: I'd need to pay 220 for Insurance on a car if I was on my mom's
OP: did all of the jobs require you to have a vehicle??
friend: All 4 that I applied for yes
friend: And those 4 were the best I could apply for
"

i don't know what else i'm supposed to tell him
just graduated HS, haven't even had my first job yet
>>
>>1060120
This. He needs to lie and bum rides off of friends until he can afford the truck and insurance (or just tge truck if he can dodge cops driving weird routes/times). Shame the economy is full of nearly impossible situations like this but people, espcially management types, are stupid and selfish.
>>
>>1060109
When I was a poorfag coworkers were nice enough to offer me a ride

You can make it work

also look for bus/train things
>>
>>1060109

You do it the same way that the rest of us have done it for generations...

... you don't buy the car you want, you buy the car you can afford.
>>
>>1060185
he cant afford any car though thats not really the issue
>>
>>1060136
the fuck, fuck that retard. He's just making excuses to be lazy. Fuck poor people
>>
>>1060109

He should get a moped

Yeah it's totally poorfag-like in the US, I know
Yeah it gives no prestige
Yeah girls don't really dig it

But if he gets one, and it can run fairly fast, any girl he gives a ride will love the thrum in her loins and the wind in her face

And he could expand his job-seeking radius 30-50 kilometers
>>
>>1060239
Yeah, mopeds and scooters and motorcycles aren't as cheap as people think they are anymore. Transportation is priced like hard drives; a fixed floor beneath which something should logically exist but doesn't.
>>
>>1060228
This

The main reason why 95% of poor people are poor is because they lack ambition and can't delay gratification.

Raising the min wage to 15 is just gonna make a whole generation of poor people because 15 is just enough to "get by" and be good enough for people to stay at a shit tier job all their lives.
>>
>>1060315
hes working 7-4 all week hes not lazy at all
>>
>>1060322
how is he working full time and can't afford a car? he needs to quit wasting his money and save up

or get a second job waiting tables at night/weekends
>>
>>1060708
i forgot to mention all of it goes to his mom/bills
>>
>>1060952
Look, it's nice of you to care, but this piece of information tells you that your friend is not the problem, his mother is, and this is not your problem, nor can you even fix or help it.

Is the mother disabled or just a crack head?
>>
>>1060961
I think shes one of those inhome care takers or something not very reliable
>>
Why cant he drop his mom off at work and have uber take her home?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.