[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ask anything to a guy that is opening a bar in Prague with his
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 11
File: prague-aloha-interior-bar.jpg (186 KB, 980x653) Image search: [Google]
prague-aloha-interior-bar.jpg
186 KB, 980x653
Ask anything to a guy that is opening a bar in Prague with his best mate.

We rent the place for 40.000 CZK a month, we are both moving in there too so we don't have to pay our apartments, which saves us 20.000 CZK a month. That really gives us budget for marketing, and since we now only need to make 30.000 CZK a month to be positive, it is almost impossible to lose money. Ofcourse we want apartments, but for now it's the best option.

So, ask me anything.
>>
do they still call them moscow mules over there
>>
>>1058355
Haha, never served once of those.
>>
Give me a codeword to drop to your bartender for a free /biz/raeli drink.
>>
Can I move in to?
>>
>>1058390
Lol, if you want to work for free feel free to sleep at the bar yeah.

>>1058385
"Can I have a drink please?"
>>
File: shutterstock_110263679.jpg (2 MB, 3267x2178) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_110263679.jpg
2 MB, 3267x2178
>>1058350
Do patrons get to smoke like coal fired power facilities in your place?
>>
>>1058398
In Czech it is still legal to smoke yes, I believe until July this year.

Not sure if we will allow it desu.
>>
>>1058350

Very interested.

How old are you and your partner? Why Prague? Why Czech Republic? Have you traveled before? Have you ran businesses before? Do you know the language? How did you came up with the idea?

Thank you for your time.
>>

Shouldn't you be asking us?
>>
>>1058530
> How old are you and your partner?
I am 21, he is 27.

> Why Prague? Why Czech Republic?
I lived in Prague for a couple of months and absolutely love it. There is a shitload of tourism year around and we plan on tapping into that. Other than that, Czech Republic is very right wing country full of racism and traditional women. We both love that and we both dislike our own countries.

> Have you traveled before?
Yes, I have been to China, Thailand, Bulgaria, Czech, Italy, Germany, Austria, England and them some. I first went to Prague during a backpacking trip and fell in love with the place, then moved to England to screw a bird for a couple of weeks. Now I'm back home in Amsterdam and plan on moving to Prague in June.

> Have you ran businesses before?
I had my own webdev company for some years and ended up selling it for 32K. My dad is a contracter who owns his own company and recently opened a small party venue. I am a decent contracter and business oriented because of that.

> Do you know the language?
Not a single fucking word. Fluent in Dutch, English, France, German and Chinese tho.

> How did you came up with the idea?
Like everybody I always wanted to open up a bar. So did he. We are good friends and have some money to spare, so we figured why not.

>>1058537
No. I am better than you.
>>
File: in holland.jpg (24 KB, 344x255) Image search: [Google]
in holland.jpg
24 KB, 344x255
Kankernederlanders!!!!
>>
>>1058547
Interesting, what kind of webdev work did you do in your old company? How did you get started?
>>
>>1058565
Started off deving websites for people that wanted a website, like all small webdevs. Had some luck getting a local project of a grocery store. That grocery store ended up growing a shitload and becoming a national player, Dirk.

I ended up being the webdev of a large grocery concern(100+ stores) and sold the company to the first sizable bid.

Probably shouldn't have done that looking back, but I'm okay with it because I am tired of IT.

Right now I am focussed on starting a bar in Prague, and once that is running I'll execute some other plans to take over the Prague tourism life.
>>
>>1058547

Why did you go to Bulgaria in particular instead of other Eastern Euro countries?
>>
>>1058350
whats your budget for furnishing/interior design and other fixed costs? How a bar looks and feels can make it or break it.

Are you targeting expats and tourists only, since you're not speaking the language?

What are your overheads, besides rent?

What will you name it?

What emergencies are you prepared to deal with? E.g. lawsuits, broken property, theft, bribes, etc.

What's the legislation and license you need to open a bar in Prague? Is it the same for the entire EU?

When are you opening?

Pessimistic, realistic and optimistic prognosis: how long till you break even? How long till you can move out?
>>
>>1058350

> living in the same space you work in

gonna be rough mate. I hope that is just temporary.

good luck.
>>
>>1058621
whats you profit margin on the drinks? Do you plan on jewing people, or going for low margins, steady clientele?

How big will the bar be? How many people max occupancy? How many personnel?
>>
You guys consider featuring in the Czech harems?
>>
>>1058620
I was dating a Russian girl I met in China who was on a holiday on the seaside. We met up in Sofia and had a blast. Sofia is beautiful and Bulgarians seem very nice. I prefer Eastern Europe to West Europe. They tend to be more traditional and sensible.

>>1058621
>whats your budget for furnishing/interior design and other fixed costs? How a bar looks and feels can make it or break it.
We are going for a rundown/pallet look, our budget is 18.000 euro. However, the bar already comes fully equiped so most of that is pure design and marketing. We don't expect to come close to half of that.

>Are you targeting expats and tourists only, since you're not speaking the language?
Yes, absolutely. We have some marketing plans aimed specifically on tourists.

>What are your overheads, besides rent?
A contract with Pilsner. The ususal gas and electric crap and a bar girl.

>What will you name it?
There Once Was A Man Named Nigger Jim

.. we dont know yet

>What emergencies are you prepared to deal with? E.g. lawsuits, broken property, theft, bribes, etc.
We are prepared to deal with the local mafia, as Czech is famous for that. There is a sizable backer called dad who will be there to catch us if we fall hard.

>What's the legislation and license you need to open a bar in Prague? Is it the same for the entire EU?
Liqor license that I know of. Others are combined with the rental agreement. I know, I should know the details about that.

>When are you opening?
Before new years

>Pessimistic, realistic and optimistic prognosis: how long till you break even? How long till you can move out?
We hope to move out before 2018. We know it's going to be hard, but we are willing to sacrifice a lot. We expect to break even right away, because promotion starts the day before we open and we have a 20.000 plus because we don't have to pay ourselfs.

>>1058622
I know, but if all goes well it's something to be proud of right? Follow your dreams and work your ass off to get there.
>>
>>1058624
Margins go up to 500%, i.e. on cocktails.

A quick stupid example would be:
A bottle of house whisky is 1200 CZK and a glass of whisky coke is 100 CZK. We serve 1OZ of whisky per glass and top it off with coke and ice. A bottle holds 24 glasses.

Bad example, but you get the general idea.

>>1058629
Had to Google that. Let me assure you that all the Czech Streets videos you see are all rented prostitutes. Most Czech girls are very cute and sweet and very traditional. They are mostly Christians and Jehovas who believe in family and having a lot of children. (I am moving to heaven you see.)
>>
>>1058651
nobody thinks it's real. It's like wrestling, everyone knows it's fake, but some people are still into it.

Why are the previous owners selling the place? If they don't think it's profitable, why do you?
>>
>>1058679
Haha, the previous owner is an Indian guy. That says enough right?

This bar is in Prague 2, in the center of all the hostels and expat community, this guy opened up a bar that looks like it belongs on Star Wars.

Her are some pictures.
>>
>>
I love the contrast between the puke-yellow and the white!
>>
The little corner of rape and discomfort.
>>
Oh yeah, don't forget the stairway that seems to be copied from the local dentist or hospital.
>>
>>1058723
>>1058724
>>1058728
>>1058731

This place has a weird vibe. Wouldn't hang out here.
>>
>>1058785
Haha, it's god afwul. Basically our plan is to put wood everywhere. On the floor, ceiling, walls. Some areas with tiles on the floor.

We're going for a cave/secret hideout vibe. Low light, nice modern music, cocktails.
>>
>>1058797
are you doing this above the table (e.g. getting licenses, etc.) or below? are you from elsewhere in the EU, or did you need a business visa?
>>
>>1058802
Yes, everything is completely legal and all finances are checked by a accountant.

I am Dutch, so I don't need a visa, only a police registration.

Because of my age and a lack of a degree, I will also be attending college one day a week.
>>
>>1058806
makes sense. what do your year 1 & 2 projections look like?
>>
>>1058797

that sounds like a good look. I wish you luck.
>>
>>1058842
By december 2017 we hope to make a 30K profit and plan on reinvesting. By July 2018 we hope to make a 50K profit and from there on we will try to stabilize that and start paying ourselfs.

>>1058846
Thank you, all the best.
>>
File: trumplstilskin.jpg (68 KB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
trumplstilskin.jpg
68 KB, 1024x512
>>1058350
Lol were you the fat guy from some /pol comment? EEEEEPIIIIIIIIIIIC.
>>
>>1059459
Topkek. Yes. Are you steroid bro?
>>
File: m'rebels.gif (1 MB, 292x278) Image search: [Google]
m'rebels.gif
1 MB, 292x278
>>1059460
nahh just a mostly lurking /pol/biz phag
>>
can you explain the relationship between the 40k in rent and the 30k profit you need to be positive? I don't understand how this adds up
>>
>>1059494
The place we rent is 40K. We invest 10K a person every month because we don't have apartments. That leaves 20K to be paid every month. If we then make 30K and pay the rent we have about 10K left for additional bills and the food we need ourselfs.

Basically, we only need to make 30K a month to sustain the bar and ourselfs.
>>
>>1058651
Prague citizen here. Only around 15 percent of Czech people consider themselves religious. We are probably the most atheist country in the world.
>>
>>1059518
Being Dutch I get where you are coming from. However, the girls I focus on are mostly innocent religious girls. Don't really care for sluts that much anymore.
>>
>>1059496
And how are you both going to invest 10k?
If you both don't have other jobs or savings, you need at least 50k a month to earn the revenue you're on about
>>
>>1059523
We do.
>>
>>1059519
Do you mind sharing with me where do you find those sweet innocent girls in Prague?
>>
>>1059532
Well, I used to be an atheist but slipped into agnosism simply by reading books from both sides. I also started realizing that Christianity kept women in their place and kept them from being total degenerates like they are now. So I decided to embrace all the Christian crap and go for a sweet Christian gt3.14.

Basically, go to libraries, churches or to the park if you want to meet waifu material. Go to clubs, bars and festivals if you want used up nigger fuckers.

Also, make sure to lurk around on /pol/ and stop being beta.
>>
So in the beginning of your investment you pay half of the rent yourselves and hopefully earn 30K to keep alive? How long can you keep this going?
>>
>>1059542
No, in the beginning we don't pay ourselfs because we just don't have to. We can feed ourselves with our savings.

The reinvestment was the 20K we don't have to pay ourselves. Honestly, it was the wrong word. So yes, we need to gross 50K a month to be happy campers.

However, please consider the average beer costs 50CZK, the average cocktail costs 172CZK and the average snack is 200CZK.
>>
>>1059541
*tips fedora
>>
File: 62832778.jpg (100 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
62832778.jpg
100 KB, 500x377
>>1059550
Cheers brah.
>>
>>1059547
I think I get you now. So every month your P/L should be 10K positive, and those can be saved or used for living? Correct me if I'm wrong, otherwise good luck and have fun.
>>
>>1059554
Yes, that is what it comes down to.

If we gross 50K we are able to pay the rent and utilities and restock. So we are able to keep going from there on.

Ofcourse after a while we will have to fix things that break down, buy new furniture, save up money, hire somebody etc., so in time we will have to gross more.

But exactly, we only need 50K to stay alive.
>>
>>1058651
>They are mostly Christians and Jehovas
The fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>1059541
As a proper Czech I am way too cynical to become even slightly religous and I'm also bad at pretending.

It's really about luck anyway. I knew an innocent looking qt, who never went to bars or clubs, was reading at home all the time, yet cheated on her husband for 12 years.
>>
>>1059557
The once I meet then. Didn't meet a lot of sluts anyway. Calm your tits.

>>1059560
I get that mate, I really do. I also believe it's all bullshit. But I also want to have an innocent wife with a shitload of children, and religion is the easiest way to get their.

Where do you live Czechbro? Praha?
>>
>>1058350
How will you deal with the bureaucratic bullshit if you don't speak the language? Aren't you afraid of getting your foreign ass scammed by Czechs?
>>
>>1059556
Looking for other investors? I make quite a bit and could visit in a month or two to check it out if you're interested.
>>
>>1059523
50K Czech dollars is like 2K usd
>>
>>1060808
A friend of my partner is a local, he will help with all that.

>>1061432
The bar isn't opening in a couple of months so right now it would be too early. I don't even have a temp in Prague yet.

If you don't mind that and like thinking along please contact me:
[email protected]
>>
Czechia is a very secular country. You will have a hard time seeing religious girl in Prague.
>>
>>1061842
Not really, so far I've found loads.

>>1061814
This is OP btw, I changed my laptop.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.