[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Collection agencies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1453127688973.jpg (9 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1453127688973.jpg
9 KB, 250x250
So I was stupid and even though I switched banks I did not close my account out.
About a month ago I was making a purchase with paypal and used said bank which was rejected and I was given a late draft fee. I spoke with a branch manager at my bank about this and she spoke with her manager or whatever but both came back stating that since it was not a bank error they cannot do anything about it.
I have a -98.00 balance in that account which will go to collections in a few weeks. What will really happen to that money once it goes to the collection agency, will they just harrass me, how will it affect my credit? Am I just better off paying the balance?
>>
>>1056475
You're better off paying the balance. After a certain amount of time, debts will appear in your credit report. Late payments have a high impact, and can very negatively affect your credit for a long period of time.
>>
>>1056475
Did you seriously just ask if it's better to destroy your credit for 7 years over $98?
>>
>>1056485
I am rather ignorant to the world of credit and posted the amount to see if it was small enough not to matter. But the way you put it makes it more obvious to me.
>>
>>1056488
$1 or $1000 it will show up on your credit report as a debt owed and you will be skullfucked as such
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.