[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We all know that public speaking skills are the most important
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
We all know that public speaking skills are the most important skills if you ever want to move above wagecuck-tier.

How can you develop these skills?
>>
by doing it more. go to a random city and start preaching some bullshit on a street corner.
or go to the civic center or learning annex and sign up to give a free seminar for whatever you happen to be a subject matter expert in.

the only way to get better at something, is to do it.
>>
Lets suppose your assertion isn't completely false.

Use google.
>>
>>1055581
What worked for me was joining a consulting firm.

It's also important to realize, it's not a matter of being good at talking to other wagecucks that is important, you need to be able to talk to executives.
>>
>>1055586
>introvert who think he's going to become a CEO detected
>>
>>1055581
If you are in uni, join debate or public speaking club. If you are post-uni, join your local Toastmasters club.
>>
Learn to read a room
Don't act like a big shot around non execs because everyone will end up tuning you out
Blow smoke up the asses of any exec. They just want to hear how great they are

t. sales exec
>>
>>1055581
Fake it till you make it.
>>
Join a group like Toastmasters. They exist for the sole purpose of helping people get used to public speaking.
It's also a good way to meet other people who may become important or are already important.
>>
>>1055857
Just b urself
>>
buy a book called verbal judo by thompson and jenkins
>>
>>1055864
I've wanted to join them but it seems kinda weird desu.
>>
>>1055887
He's not wrong. You're not going to get better unless you're willing to put yourself out there.
>>
>>1055581
By speaking in public
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.