[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need an amazon sellers opinion!!! About to order 400 iPhone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: QB2Aaup.gif (457 KB, 250x187) Image search: [Google]
QB2Aaup.gif
457 KB, 250x187
Need an amazon sellers opinion!!!

About to order 400 iPhone 6 basic as fuck screen protectors for $60.

Will they sell?
How long will it take to sell all 400?

Doing FB ads for about 2000person reach/daily and amazon pay click daily adverts as well.
>>
They will almost certainly never sell, and for the ones you sell, you would net a profit so little it will be ridiculous considering the time you have passed doing that.
>>
>>1054401
It never works for anyone. Somehow many ppl delude themself into thinking it might. But you op, you could do it
>>
>>1054403
Took about 10 minutes to contact and come to an agreement on price and quantity. Average pricing of same thing on amazon is $3. I have 400 for $60.

Even if I spread out on advertising by a few HUNDRED I would still net profit quite a valuable amount.

The time for them to sell is what I want to know.
>>
i bought 100 of them for iphone 5/5s few years ago...i have only sold 5 of them
>>
What about iPhone cases or power banks?

Still money there?
>>
>>1054428
they should sell within a week or two op. that sounds like a solid investment.
>>
Amazon seller here. Buying those protectors would be a rube move, like trying to sell any Chinese crap worth a couple of dollars. Guaranteed horrible fail, give up on the whole plan. Private label made in USA is the way to go on amazon. I suggest private labeling baby food - it's hot.
>>
>>1054401
why would i buy your overpriced product that likely includes shipping and handling when I could just buy it way cheaper and likely on sale at a local retailer?
that's the question you should be asking yourself
>>
>>1054614
Amazon brings in more sales on things that you could walk 5 minutes to get than anywhere else. People are lazy
>>
>>1054410
You must add the time you will pass to package and send them.
>>
>>1054401
>>1054410
i was going to troll you but you took some action so i will help you , sell it on fb as bulk for 350, your not going to be able to compete with chinese sellers already selling theses . or go this way
>>1054468

good luck keep us posted
>>
>>1054401
you're not going to sell a single screen protector for $7+. I paid like $5 tops for three.
>>
>>1055011
you skipped math and english comprehension to smoke weed, didnt you ?
>>
Okay
400 for $60 = $0.15 each
Does that include shipping charges?

Amazon charges $40 a month to sell as a professional.

Assuming you sell them all in a month (You won't)

400 for $100 = 0.25 each

Pretty good money huh?

Now you pay for shipping. You are required to send them with tracking.

$2.60/package for USPS First Class

So now it is $2.85 to send out each item.

Now you have to pay fees. Amazon charges you 8% for cell phones (assuming they don't lump them in with electronic accessories which they probably do)

8% of your $3 is an additional $0.24

So now you are up to $3.09 which means a $0.09 loss.

Plus you haven't even packaged them yet. So you get some cheap poly mailers and printable labels plus extra ink/toner. Assuming you're good at sourcing them $0.08

Profit: -$0.17

You also need to factor in loses because a certain percentage will be returned or will result in you refunding the customer.

On top of this, you want to advertise. Facebook has a minimum of $1/day cost. So an additional $30/month expense. Amazon is even more.
>>
>>1055289
>8% of your $3 is an additional $0.24
It's even worse than that because there's a 99-cent fee before the percentage fee. Selling anything under $25 on Amazon is a painful lesson in economics.
>>
>>1055408
Not if you pay for their professional service ($40/month).

However if the consider screen protectors to be electronic accessories, since the category for cell phones doesn't say accessories, the fee is $1 or 15% (whichever is greater) instead of 8%
>>
>>1055289
not sure if youre same fag but your math is a bit better but your english read is still lacking. op never said anything about only selling on amazon. either you guys are haters or competitive sellers , op can easily triple his money
>>
>>1055594
I am certainly not a samefag. I'm sorry that my "english read is still lacking"

>op never said anything about only selling on amazon.

We can make this conclusion because the very first sentence in OP is "Need an amazon sellers opinion!!!". There is no mention to other sales platforms. From this we can conclude that OP only wants to sell on Amazon.

I do sell online. I do not sell screen protectors.

Now the thing I don't understand is if you are confused or trying to troll. You, yourself said that OP will not be able to compete.

I have shown that this will not be profitable for OP. My math was on the conservative side too.I would guess OP's losses on Amazon would be over $1/item.

He is going to lose more money on shipping from china. 1-2kg package by courier will run about $25. I can almost guarantee it would take more than a month to sell all of his protectors (+$40 to base price for each month past the first).

Advertising at $30/month would be laughable.

Now he also has to deal with the prime factor. A good number of amazon prime subscribers won't buy something unless it is prime eligible. Couple this with the fact that amazon only displays the cheapest seller or prime eligible seller on the listing and that listing will get 99%+ of sales.
>>
File: image.jpg (173 KB, 900x1125) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173 KB, 900x1125
>>1054401
Your better of getting someone to trade forex for you
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.