[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey all, I make $65k/year and have a savings of $30k just sitting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: timeismoney.gif (2 MB, 299x260) Image search: [Google]
timeismoney.gif
2 MB, 299x260
Hey all, I make $65k/year and have a savings of $30k just sitting there. I have no debts, no car payment, my credit card balance is always sub $500, I pay $1000 in rent (only because its close to work), and my internet and water are free. My expenses are fairly low all things considered.

I've been curious as to how I should be investing my money now that my paranoid self has secured enough of a savings to feel comfortable departing with some of it.

Any suggestions to a /biz/ newbie?
>>
If you don't mind me asking what you do for a living? From what you wrote seems like you are living well! Good on you anon!
>>
>>1053254
My intention wasn't to showboat my position in life, even where I'm at I still feel helpless and have a feeling I'm not being wise with my finances.

I'm an in-house graphic designer, excelling in photoshop and premiere. (age 27)
>>
I recommend buying ethereum
>>
>>1053231
Bump. Im in the same boat. Are you me?
>>
>>1053264
Good on you for your current success in such a volatile industry. The constant changes and advances make those skill-sets obsolete quickly unless you can keep up with the change and out-perform. If you want to play super super safe and get a decent return, then firing up a CD would land you some decent cash in the mid-term run, although many would argue that at $30k, there are better investment options that are just as safe.
>>
Buy oil
>>
>>1053231
I have the same salary, savings, etc. Currently buying a duplex to rent out. Someone else will pay my mortgage while I save to buy more property.
>>
>>1053290
I've been thinking of doing this. I have around 45k in liquid assets. Where are you planning on doing this?
>>
>>1053273
>>1053289
I see this meme posted here often. How reliable would either venture be? I honestly see no harm in purchasing a small stake in Ethereum if it has any chance of even scratching Bitcoin levels.

>>1053288
I'd be uncomfortable risking my entire savings so soon. I'd rather start with a $10k base and see how I perform before going all in.
>>
>>1053302
I live in Philadelphia. Anywhere you can make the numbers work. Do your research, plenty of resources online.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.