[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does corporate espionage really exist? anyone have any stories?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6
File: Solid_Snake1.jpg (26 KB, 431x300) Image search: [Google]
Solid_Snake1.jpg
26 KB, 431x300
does corporate espionage really exist?

anyone have any stories?
>>
>>1050611
Probably. I mean people sneak their guy into competing clans in MMORPGs, why wouldn't you if there were billions at stake?
>>
Then there's counter espionage and intelligence. Feeding false information is a proven strategy. I recall that in the 80s the israelis fucked up the iraqi nuclear program by publishing false papers on uranium enrichment or something.

The disadvantage is that it's in theory easy to detect. Just see if the numbers add upp.

Let's say that the false information is about a landing gear. What's different is that it absorbs a lot more impact than the best on the market.

Two conclusions that can be drawn:

1) They just stumbled upon a new material or new principle.

2) They just made it up.
>>
File: frog.png (304 KB, 1148x1022) Image search: [Google]
frog.png
304 KB, 1148x1022
No, corporations wouldn't do such immoral thing
>>
I used to work at IBM.

Somebody tried to hack the local network almost every day.

We traced it back to an HP plant 5 minutes away.
>>
>>1050611
Yea
>consulting company
>has tech clients
>we hired these female interns to browse tech fairs, specifically to look for competitors
>really fkn cute
>they chat up competitors at boot desks
>ask technical questions and act like they dont know anything
>most answer more than what they're supposed to

mfw they even get invited to conferences as our competitors guests lmao

of course we never actually say anywhere we did all of this. It took a while for the interns to figure it out, and they actually liked it and played along even better
>>
>>1050700

yep , i used to work for a company that "leaked" the formula for hair growth to our competition, just to embarrass their ceo when he announced his new discovery because the formula was fake.
>>
>>1051669

Clive Owen hangs out on 4chan?
>>
File: clive can do anything.gif (956 KB, 500x211) Image search: [Google]
clive can do anything.gif
956 KB, 500x211
>>1051684
>>
File: duplicity.jpg (40 KB, 351x500) Image search: [Google]
duplicity.jpg
40 KB, 351x500
>>1051702
>>
File: fuckoffyouslag.gif (824 KB, 540x269) Image search: [Google]
fuckoffyouslag.gif
824 KB, 540x269
>>1051706
>>
>>1051715

Hey, don't get mad at me.

You're the one confusing reality with the plot of a fairly popular movie.
>>
File: tellme.gif (293 KB, 245x262) Image search: [Google]
tellme.gif
293 KB, 245x262
>>1051729
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.