[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sixty-two people have the same amount of wealth as half the world,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: billtwo.jpg (26 KB, 700x619) Image search: [Google]
billtwo.jpg
26 KB, 700x619
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irgqjKTRouU
>>
do they beat the market average
>>
normally when you hear shit like this it doesn't actually mean anything. many if not most of those super wealthy dudes have some estimated value in shit they own or could potentially make but are otherwise living like shit bound to desks and plane seats all the time.

beyond supporting your local community and maybe extending that to your country, which is definitely something wealthy people do, there isn't anything wrong with competing with everyone else and not giving a shit if they can't figure out how to make money.

what people do sometimes to get that money (or the illusion of money) can be a problem. but inequality in wealth/power just follows basic patterns of human behavior. you could try to regulate it all you want but you'd still have someone with all the chips in the end and most people not knowing what to do with them if they had any.
>>
>>1048025
thinking that wealth inequality is a problem is itself a fundamental misconception
>>
>>1048031
how so?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8IBp27Ggmw
>>
>>1048040
other people having a lot of things won't make you have less things. having less wealth in relation to a rich guy won't make you miserable, having little wealth in general would. as long as your needs are being taken care of you will be happy.
>>
nevermind that the wealth estimate of these guys are constantly bound up in machines, factories and assets that keeps your uneducated neo-communist ass at work

redistribute that wealth by force and you will have tons of money worth nothing and no job
>>
>>1047975
>there are still people that buy into the "capitalism is not a zero sum game" meme
>>
>>1049283

Bullshit. I don't have to be satisfied with this, nor should anyone.

I'm fine with an ever smaller group becoming richer and richer, but then also don't complain when people hate your fucking guts and they begin to riot because they can't effort to eat
>>
>>1047975
disingenuous.

DO YOU HAVE A NET WORTH GREATER THAN $1?

Congrats! You have more wealth than a significant amount of the world!
>>
>>1049341

>2016
>being an unironic leftist
>>
>>1049444
>1980+36
>unironically sucking corporate dick
>oh please master, I want some more scraps, yeah I'll take a pay cut so you can have even more money!
>>
>>1047975

....and. . . ? What, the second half isn't "...and here's how to become one of then!"

...pfft...
>>
>>1049449

>working for scraps

That's your own fault
>>
>>1049444

I'm not a leftist at all. Like I said, I don't care if the rich become richer, but then also accept the downsides of capitalism, namely the massive amounts of discontent people who will have more and more reason to go on strike.

But aside from the emotional side of having to share your planet with people who buy golden Lambos while you can't even effort a roof over your head, there are more than enough logical reasons to consider some tweaks to capitalism in favor of the lowest classes. After all, I don't think that a system where 1% own more and more means of capital is very sustainable. Systems like these inevitably go bust, and when they do, it can get very ugly
>>
>>1049449

Be your own boss, manlet, I retired at 28. Haven't worked in years, just sit at home smoking weed or bar/club hopping, live in maids I fuck/get high with. Looking for two, maybe three, wives and 80-100+ acres.

> Think Different.
>>
>>1047975
Boy the wealthy are such oppressed victims aren't they?
>>
>>1048051

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/inequality-hurts-economic-growth-while-equality-helps-it-imf-study-finds-10323747.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regulatory_capture

http://www.ipa.org.au/news/1055/jared-diamond's-gated-community-of-the-mind/category/5
>>
>>1049310
>be me
>have pickaxe
>use pickaxe to get ore
>other person wants ore
>have too much ore to use personally
>swap ore for stuff
>both me and ore-buyer are happier
>implying that this must be a zero-sum game
>>
>you will NEVER be in the 0.1%
>>
62 people is now 1% of 7 billion

The more youknow.
>>
>>1047975
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THFkGS0MObM

Rothchild magazine
>>
>>1049690
how do i read links
>>
>>1049706
> make a fuckton selling ore
> someone else wants to sell ore they dug out from their property
> you use your massive profits to screw the little guy and keep competition at bay
> if someone does manage to become too big to defeat, agree to corroborate and set prices so you can both sell inferior products at higher than ever before
> lobby congress to pass bills that make ore more viable, make it okay to destroy someone else's land in search for ore, and place tariffs on foreign ore
>>
>>1049725

If your best attempt at rebuttal is to imply I haven't read those links myself then maybe your case isn't that strong.
>>
>>1048051
Yes it does you fuckwit, resources aren't infinite and there are few things of value in this world that aren't owned by anyone.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.