[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Two economists are walking in a forest >The come across
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: 1453146375635.jpg (48 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1453146375635.jpg
48 KB, 300x300
>Two economists are walking in a forest
>The come across a pile of horseshit
>One looks at the other and says
>"I'll give you $10,000 to eat that shit"
>Ok
>He eats the shit
>He hands the shit eater $10k
>They resume walking
>They come unto another pile of horseshit
>The one says, with shit breath,
>"I'll pay YOU $10,000 to eat shit"
>Ok
>They exchange the money again and keep walking
>"Well,
>That was pointless.
>We're as rich as we were when we came here
>But not we've both eaten shit"
>"Ah but my friend you do not see,
>The GDP just grew by $20,000!"

>TFW Fiat currency rules your life
>>
>>1047950
>tfw you realize financialization is slavery for the masses
>>
>>1047950
It's called an externality. Pigouvian tax fixes this.
>>
>>1047950
>a metric with some flaws is actually worthless under the incredibly contrived scenario i created
uh ok? it's pretty well understood among econonists that fiat currencies have a network effect, and the hard part of generalizing your experience would be convincing an entire country to accept your "one pile of poo = $10,000" valuation
>>
>>1047950
There's literally nothing wrong with this under the premise that the people involved feel that getting paid $10,000 to eat shit is a good deal and that paying $10,000 to watch your friend eat shit is a good way to spend your money.

The hypothetical only works because you implicitly ask us you suspend our disbelief and operate under this premise for the sake of the hypothetical, but then you go on and imply that there's something wrong with this picture and we're all shit eaters for participating in the economy.
>>
>>1047966
>>1047978
>bootlickers
>>
>>1048015
No anon, we are the boot.
>>
>>1048021
Prove it :3
>>
>>1047950
the problem isn't that people are willing to eat shit for $10000, it is that people are stupid enough to pay others to eat shit for $10000
>>
>>1048027
we are the economy that supposedly owns us
>>
This would be a believable argument if you wouldn't fucking cherry pick the one aspect and isolate it from
the truth. People don't reguarly eat shit and pay loads of money for it. It's like saying the following.

Two communists walk in the park
One says eat that shit
He does it cause there is not enough food to feed everybody so everybody is hungry as fuck
Point of the story is. Go fuck yourself if your a commy
>>
>>1048057
>I can't prove it
>have a metaphor instead
K
>>
why are you fags focusing on the shit-eating part of the story instead of the underlying premise
>>
>>1048099
At least Op was funny, you dont even make sense tard.
>>
>>1048108
it's not a metaphor.
>>
>>1048113
The story doesn't work without the shit eating part. There's actually nothing wrong with paying someone to eat shit and getting paid to eat shit if this is what both parties genuinely desire. Replace eating shit with blowjobs and it makes perfect sense.
>>
>>1048122
yes it does work without the shit-eating part because the point is that measuring GDP doesn't have any significance. i'm not saying that capitalism doesn't make sense but if you give someone $5 and he gives you back $5 then where is the value being creating that equals $10 and why would you count it as $10 when only $5 is being exchanged
>>
>>1048141
There had to be a transaction in order for that $5 to change hands. Transactions create value.
>>
>>1047966
>eat shit
>put it on youtube
>try NOT to make $10,000
>>
Equilibrium price at which shit eating demand meets shit eating offer is $10,000. What has been achieved is to piles of shit have been removed. There is no objective value of things. Value is what people agree upon. Op thinks eating shit is useless, I think paying OP for any kind of job requiring half a brain is useless, buuuuut... if OP charges 1$ for sucking dick and there's a demand, OP gets on his knees and up goes the GDP.
>>
You cant pay someone to eat shit without taxes
>>
You forgot the fairys do 20% vat on eating the shit .

So they don't end up with same money they started with.

The fairys use the money they gained to buy 1 more horse to produce more shit so they can tac that shot as well.
>>
>>1048099
>Point of the story is. Go fuck yourself if your a commy

point of the story: You're an unfunny idiot
>>
>>1048144
i'd eat a pile of horseshit and put it up on youtube for <$10,000 sign me up senpai

after all health insurance is free and revenue from google adsense goes untaxed in my country
>>
>>1049235
>health insurance is free
forgive me senpai for i have sinned
it's the damn liberal rhetoric that's affecting me
>>
>>1047950
>eating shit in the woods for money
>reporting it on your 1040

not to mention that this had nothing to do with the multiplier effect since banknotes were exchanged. if you have to borrow from a bank to pay your friend to eat shit it would be a different story
>>
>>1047950
>I have never studied economics but let me come up with epic economic hypothetical stories anyway: the post
>>
>>1049820
>>I have never studied economics but let me come up with epic economic hypothetical stories anyway: the post

>hurr you've never studied transracial queer gender studies at a four year college how could you know anything about the topic?
Nnn..
>>
>>1047950
>muh money is not as same as currency, muh nonexistant real value money, muh fiat money everywhere

Mike Maloney/Peter Schiff pls go. And no. I won't buy gold off you shitty dealers.
>>
>>1048141
Gdp is used as an average. Its like iq, its worthless but it seperates the ooga boogas from the united states.
>>
The fact that person A deliberately paid person B to eat shit means that person A probably got a lot of enjoyment from person B eating shit.

qed
>>
>>1047950
They also put some Turkish guy out of work by taking his job. And shit isn't free Pajeet gets 1 Rupee for a Poopie.

Your economics is flawed OP, fuck off.
>>
I would have convinced the other guy to keep eating shit until he died and then jacked all of his money in addition to what I paid him.
>>
>>1048115
>>1049220

>feel the bern
>>
>>1047950
>See guys paying each other $10,000 to eat horse shit
>Take out loan to buy up all horses in the area
>Claim all horseshit as my property and start charging rent on all payments to eat horseshit using some to pay off the interest on my loan and pocketing the rest
>Guys eventually can't afford to pay each other to eat shit
>Loan them back the money that I've taken from them using their income as horseshit eaters as collateral
>They have to start eating horseshit in other areas just to make ends meet
>Raise my rents because I can't pay off the interest on my loan anymore
>They stop eating shit and stop paying back their loans
>I have to default on my massive debt (I lied about paying down the interest)
>Get bailed out by the government because they don't want the horseshit eating industry to fail
>HORSESHIT EATERS PAY DEBTS
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.