[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FREELANCING HQ
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1452029140188.png (1 MB, 678x851) Image search: [Google]
1452029140188.png
1 MB, 678x851
I was a NEET first

then I was an Internet marketer for a long time but I hated it because I had to do disgusting stuff to make a profit (basically bordeline spamming)

Then I got a regular job, at first I loved it now I think of suicide every morning I have to go to that place

OK I'm exaggerating but... I'm dreaming of work from home again, what is a good skill to have fore freelancing other than programming?

I'm actually thinking of relocating to some cheap country like Thailand even. But in the freelance scene you compete with thousands of Bangladeshi and Indians who work for $5 an hour... they mostly do Wordpress and App development though

Any other Freelance skills you could learn on your own ?

All ideas welcome
>>
poetry
>>
>>1046327
Like in the movie "Her"?
>>
>>1046320

Are you that guy from a Slavic country that made a thread recently about not caring that much about money and just wanting free time?

Also, what did you do exactly as an Internet marketer? I don't mind spamming if I can make a living through it.
>>
>Any other Freelance skills you could learn on your own ?

There's plenty of skills. Writing, copywriting, creative writing, graphic design, languages, etc. Don't be afraid to pick up two at one time, or even look to do other things. It's honestly easy if you have free time and a willingness to learn. The hardest part is getting clients.
>>
>>1046320

Bump for interest
>>
>>1046320
bump, very interesting
>>
>>1046320
>disgusting stuff to make a profit (basically bordeline spamming)
Get that chip of your shoulder anon. Most social networks are for and by tools. They are there to rape. I do this. The trick is to do it as well as possible.

You could also get a much more high brow IM gig.

>I'm actually thinking of relocating to some cheap country like Thailand even.
Just visa hassle IMO, but Chiang Mai has a thriving digital nomad scene though

>But in the freelance scene you compete with thousands of Bangladeshi and Indians who work for $5 an hour
But people hate dealing with those. Your niche is that you are not from there.
>>
>>1046320
HOW MUCH KNOWLEDGE DO I NEED TO BE A FREELANCE WEB PROGRAMMER
>>
File: tai-lopez-fraud.jpg (32 KB, 639x359) Image search: [Google]
tai-lopez-fraud.jpg
32 KB, 639x359
>>1049815
about 47 knawledges in your knawledge account
>>
I want to do freelance It work. Basically fixing computers and stuff. I have no testimonials or any certifications but I'll have an associates in IT in a few months. I was thinking I could get some high quality business cards and a website and I'd be all set, but I'm not sure. Any thoughts?
>>
>>1051413
Same here, finishing associates in computer information systems and i took alot of web dev classes. Where would you look fir clients tho? Refferals, Craigslist?
>>
i have a skill - i'm bilingual. i'm a completely fluent english speaker, with high proficiency in mandarin (im canadian born chinese) and i'm thinking of putting that to use.

charging chinese students or adults interested in learning oral english for whatever reason (traveling, immigration, or just appearing intelligent) up to 150 yuan per hour.

i've done an experiment testing out the market by making a profile on a chinese job listing website offering oral english teaching. i got 10 people who contacted me within 3 months, willing to pay 100 yuan per hour for my service. not surprising when you consider the fact that 300 million students in china HAVE to learn english every year.

now if you think about it, if i teach each person for ONLY 2 hours per week. thats 20 hours a week earning 100 yuan/hour. i can obviously do better than that once i get better at it, build up a bigger customer base, and increase the price when im reaching the point of getting more customers than i can handle.

it could easily turn into a stable $3000-4000 job over time with only 20 to 30 hours of work per week.

what do you guys think?
>>
>>1051763
i can speak 4 languages and I`ve been looking into it. I think translating online can earn much more than teaching, maybe that`s just me living in a poor country.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.