[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will space travel be affordable for the average person /biz/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 540x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 540x300
>mfw you have to be a politically correct SJW liberal c uck to get into the current space industry / astronaut training because you're representing "muhhh humanity"
>>
It will remain pricey for a long time. A personal trip could cost $20,000 one day, but that would still be out of range for most people.
>>
>>1044858
Other than your obvious engineer, and pilot, what kind of astronaut jobs will be available once space travel becomes more mainstream.
>>
File: lolz.jpg (31 KB, 573x609) Image search: [Google]
lolz.jpg
31 KB, 573x609
might get affordable but i would wait atleast 10 000 flights or something, those space crafts seem to blow up frequently
>>
>>1045090
geologist, biologist, sustainable habitat expert (e.g. specialized architect)
>>
File: space_elevator_concept_.jpg (26 KB, 300x690) Image search: [Google]
space_elevator_concept_.jpg
26 KB, 300x690
>>1044858
>>1045110
Getting into orbit is the riskiest and most expensive part, that probably won't change until we have an operational space elevator (at least 100 years from now, if ever).
>>
File: 1452787257136.png (984 KB, 775x484) Image search: [Google]
1452787257136.png
984 KB, 775x484
>>1044858
Space travel to where? And to do what? Your question is imprecise.

E.g. Elon Musk attempts to offer trips to Mars for US $500k in around 15 years.

If you have something specific, just ask. I work in the private space industry (and I'm not a liberal cuck).
>>
>>1044885
Comp Sci jobs.

Doubt they'll want Indians on those.
>>
File: lunamain.jpg (181 KB, 625x390) Image search: [Google]
lunamain.jpg
181 KB, 625x390
>>1045120
>sustainable habitat expert

I actually do this, I made projects for the ESA - EAC with the office I am working.
>>
>>1045090
psychologists, social science guys, nutritionists
>>
>>1045110
But consider this: In 50 years, aircraft went from Weisskopf & Orville to Boeing & Douglas, to simplify it.

It was only in 1998 that private space flight was legalized in the US.

NASA has blown countless money on publicity stunts. It was only in the last Apollo mission that they brought an actual scientist along, a geologist.

The Space Shuttle won't I discuss, because it will take too much time.

>>1045761
No, you are a social conservative cuck who gladly gets paid to see if over-edcuated STEM can wipe their butts in 0-G.
>>
>>1044858
>mfw waiting for 2025 before NASA or SpaceX to make commercial space travel
>>
>>1046723
>nutritionists
Explain this.
I fail to see why a nutritionist would ever be needed in space.
>>
>>1047171

People need to adapt their diet according to their environment; your caloric needs on Mars are different to those on Earth, or space.

You also need to be in an exercise regiment so as to not lose the ability to walk in non-zero G conditions.
>>
>>1047189
I know but why would the nutritionist need to actually be in space when they can do that job and communicate the information from the ground?
>>
>>1047190

Maybe not right now, but once we start working with distances more than a light year away communication will get awful slow, so a nutritionist would be needed onboard to attend to the crew.
>>
>>1047194
Humans will never leave the solar system.
Any interstellar exploration will be entirely AI based.
>>
>>1047195

Maybe, maybe not.

Maybe we'll want to personally plant the Stars and Stripes on some poor alien sod's dirt one day.
>>
>>1047195

Impossible prediction

There are many possible ways to circumvent the distance/time.
>>
>>1047189
>nutritionists
>useful
Pick one, and only one.
>>
>>1047256
I know something that won't useful a fucking engineer. Spacecrafts will be designed like a fucking computer plug-in system. Every child will have to be able to operate it.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.