[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Next Depression
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: great-depression-food-line.jpg (93 KB, 588x450) Image search: [Google]
great-depression-food-line.jpg
93 KB, 588x450
When will the next depression occur?

What will be the main cause?

In 2002, Dot Com bust caused recession

Followed by a frenzy in housing which caused the last recession/depression in 2007 2008.

When will the next one come along? We are over due. What is going to be the cause?

Also, how will you protect yourself, obviously leaving the markets but where will you take shelter? Hard Assets?
>>
>>1044468
No one knows.

Only thing that can be predicted is lifespans. Boomers dying is going to create a real problem with real estate and medicare/social security.

Enough to cause a recession, yeah. Depression, maybe.
>>
>>1044487
So the funeral industry looks bright?
>>
this year
except this time it's gonna be a real depression, not a recession
>>
>>1044492
http://247wallst.com/investing/2011/01/13/the-ten-companies-that-control-the-death-industry/
>>
there's too many goddamn people

water extraction is gonna be a serious issue faster than we probably expect

there will probably be a war. I don't know if conscription would fly though.
>>
>>1044497
>there will probably be a war. I don't know if conscription would fly though.

Some military general told congress a few years ago that conscription won't work because the youth are out of shape and its creating a national defense danger. I laughed.
>>
>>1044500
I don't think leadership is very capable either. Could be wrong on that though. I don't know if people identify with being American(tm) the way they identified with being American either, if you know what I mean.

backinthedaysbeingamericanmeantsomething.jpg
>>
>>1044500
I'm surprised the stupidity of their soldiers isn't a threat. I guess pointing a gun at towelheads and firing isn't hard, but holy shit are some soldiers so intellectually inept. Makes sense when anyone intelligent knows how silly it is to enlist.
>>
>>1044487
how will boomers dying create a recession?
>>
>>1044468
the cause? greed... du-uh!

when? it's slowly always happening m8

geeeently the cock goes in your ass and sloooowly keeps thrusting, while op is busy staying alive, staying alive!
>>
>>1044517
You don't want smart soldiers. Dumb soldiers are easier to control. Don't want your soldiers questioning stupid orders.
>>
>>1044557
Of course. Wouldn't conscription lead to a worse military because those drafted likely wouldn't obey orders?
>>
>>1044575
considering 2/3 of americas population is obese i think physical limitations would be a bigger problem than following orders
>>
File: 2234234.jpg (93 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
2234234.jpg
93 KB, 1200x800
>>1044468
>When will the next depression occur?
>What will be the main cause?
The Federal Reserve
>>
File: pubchart.png (21 KB, 897x401) Image search: [Google]
pubchart.png
21 KB, 897x401
>>1044468
It's already here, the deleveraging never stopped
>>
>>1044546
Increased government spending
>medical, obvious

Decreased real estate values
>all boomers houses going up on market, because millennials and others don't need or couldn't afford big homes
>>
>>1044611
So we've got one generation of renters and another generation who will soon find it impossible to sell their homes for what the market told them they were worth. Won't the boomers have to cave and settle for less eventually? I would think the retiring elderly and the estates of the dead will be the only ones directly negatively affected by the liquidity crisis while landlords and some of the more ambitious millenials will get killer prices and potentially reap dank gains if they play it right.
>>
>>1044468
Student loans.
Half of the U.S middle class are leveraged to their eyeballs for jobs that won't cut meeting their payment obligation, a lot of them are going to default.
The other half of the middle class is taking the individually smart road to avoid studying because the cost is too high, which will turn the U.S into a Third World-tier population with less than half of the population having a degree.
Good luck competing with Bangladesh on low wages.
>>
Next 18 months imo, not before the FED reduces rates against and does QE4.
>>
>>1044468
Shorting

;)
>>
The Federal government workforce is going to be fucked in the long run when the boomers start retiring too. You have a lot of individuals dying or retiring, but thanks to the slow hiring process and lower pay (combined with pay freezes) compared to the private sector you cant replace or promote staff quick enough.
>>
>>1044810
Hur går den danska börsen?
>>
>>1044611
>increased medical spending will cause a recession
how?
>>
>>1044468
>trusting /biz/ after the September "happening"
>>
>>1045668
have you lived in a cave the last 3 weeks or are you just autistic?
>>
>>1045790
September and January are different
>>
File: Debt-and-GDP-1-15-2016.jpg (62 KB, 636x446) Image search: [Google]
Debt-and-GDP-1-15-2016.jpg
62 KB, 636x446
>>1044610
Some peeps are saying spend any money you have on tangibles before it gets inflated into oblivion because when it gets worse, as history goes, they print even faster. Probably depends a lot of who goes to war with whom and where, as these things always end in massive wars populated by angry people. The American hamplanet obviously won't be shipping off anywhere en masse this time though. Is it pure genius? Ride it out burning calories on a couch? I'm not a fatty but always wondered if they knew something I didn't?
>>
>>1044597
>what will the stormfags do?
Capitalize on it.

>how will the stormfags end up?
Dead.
>>
>>1044806
>Student loans.

Much of this debt is issued by the US government. They can eat the loss by printing more money. For private lenders interest rates are high enough that they can afford a higher default rate. Everyone knows the risk of student loans. Making them into securities can be done, but no one would ever claim they are AAA rated like they did with sub-prime mortgages.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.