[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rate my business idea: I target companies, often smaller ones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: mygf.jpg (35 KB, 479x640) Image search: [Google]
mygf.jpg
35 KB, 479x640
Rate my business idea:

I target companies, often smaller ones that don't have well established websites etc. Then i try to convince them to buy my services in terms of creating/upgrading their website. If they catch the bait for example for website creation, I offer them to make them a professional website for say 200 euros. Then I simply find some ranjeep from New Delhi trough Fiverr and let him make the website for under 20 bucks. The profit margin would be amazing, and a lot of the geezers owning the companies wouldn't even know of sites like Fiverr.

Thoughts?
>>
>>1041785

Small business owners are the worst customers you could possibly have. They are extremely stingy with their money, and even if you manage to land one as a customer, they will keep badgering you for years to buy their shit as well.

Furthermore sales of that size are in a deadzone of cost-efficiency. Pure marketing wouldn't acquire you any new business - you'd have to do personal sales, but that would require a time investment that might not be worth the effort, considering you make only a couple hundred euro per sale.
>>
>>1041785
Like the anon before me said, also:

If you hire a guy for 20 bucks he will do a shit job, won't understand the requirements and you will spend weeks with back-and-forth mailing and iterations.
He will jump ship after the third email that tells him that the site he did is shit.

>but I will find an honest webdev who is happy to work with me
That won't happen, because he won't be this fucking cheap and/or already working on a much better gig.
>>
>>1041818
>>1041785
I am willing to make you few sites, almost for free.
The trade off ?
I am trying to get into webdev stuff and I need things in my resume.
>>
>>1041785
I literally just started working on this exact business for £3.99 a pop and £5.99 with premium features (cheap since I will use templates and give a load of guides to development) for a basic first website and email capture system

sooo
hahahah
>>
>>1041828
Guys I want in, hire me.
I know html, css, js, node, angular, c#
>>
The 'designers' on Fiver are jokes. Your better off just designing the site yourself using Wix, Shopify, or any other website builder.
>>
>>1041785
there are thousands of kids building shitty websites for old people here-I am taking an excel class and was trying to explain to one of these kids that it wasn't worth the business' while to learn the skills necessary to do it themselves-he thought he was super slick making a bit of money using a cheesey website building site to do it
>>
>>1041830
the beauty of my product is that I make the package then sell it pretty much as-is with minimal effort from me afterwards, otherwise I would
>>
>>1041880
of course I'm currently building it and haven't sold any yet but I'll be drawing profit from my first sale if it is successful since I have done all the work developing it myself
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.