[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
mechturk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: mechturk.png (29 KB, 378x171) Image search: [Google]
mechturk.png
29 KB, 378x171
Anybody have experience with Amazon Mechanical Turk? Would a 18/yo in his senior year in highschool benefit?
>>
>>1041213
working? enjoy competing with people from third world countries

outsourcing? probably the way to do it.
>>
>>1041213
It's a good side thing although I like UHRS work better.

I keep hearing you can do alright with Mturk but after getting to 1000 hits I still havn't found good jobs I like. Maybe it's too late and the good stuff doesn't exist anymore.
>>
>>1041255
Apparently keeping track of forums is the best way to find good HITS. There's a subreddit for it, and if you stay out of the comments reddit might not be cancer.
>>
If making 5 dollars an hour sounds good to you I suggest you move to Uruguay
>>
>>1041261
I've tried reddit's hitsworthturkingfor and it's good for $1-3 hits from time to time but I wish it was better for batches.
>>
>>1041255

More like 30k

You have a good year or 2 of turking before you get anything that pays more than cents
>>
>>1041266
Is that when you generally get Masters? Or are there special batches you can do at 30k.
>>
I was turking when I tried to move form NEET status.

OP, it's not bad if you're starting out, and don't have a job. But you're honestly going to be making crap. At most starting out you'll be working for about .15c per 10 minutes of work. That's less than a dollar every hour. If you have 20 hours to spend every week? Not bad. You'll make some spending cash for 3 hours of work a day.

Once you start getting good, then you'll start moving up and making more money, but there's a catch. You're competing with people from third world countries who spend 10+ hours a day because that kind of money actually makes a huge difference to them. So they're willing to grind and grind and grind. You'll never though be able to make a living at it.

As I've learned while leveling up my NEETness, it's good for starting out to get some sort of spending cash, but do it while learning a better skill. Copywriting, Copy editing, transcribing, translation, programming, etc. Right now I actually spend time between my major skills I've learned (Writing), and learning new skills (Programming) because it's a better use of my time than mturk.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.