[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does one start a company to compete with Amazon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 17ebagykjfwyejpg.jpg (29 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
17ebagykjfwyejpg.jpg
29 KB, 640x360
How does one start a company to compete with Amazon?
>>
>>1040578
You don't. That's not how it works.

You start a company that does a better job selling things than Amazon.
>>
>>1040578
You don't. They haven't made a profit...ever. They're being given investor cash to crush all competition. They're literally designed to ensure there's no competition left standing by the time they bunker down and make a proper margin.
>>
>>1040578
it is possible.
>>
>>1040578

You'd probably have to kill Jeff first
>>
you would have to start a competing business one city at a time kind of thing and take losses for a LONG time, as buddy mentioned, Amazon still records a loss on the books every year because of their aggressive expansion

I would think starting it in a city like Raleigh NC or something like that would be wise. With a population around 500k you have a huge customer base but would still gain some good will as a "local" (online) business. you wouldn't be able to compete with amazon's prices (razor thin profit margins) because you simply would not have the same sales quantities, so you'd have to rely on amazing customer service and free 2 day delivery on everything or something like that.

If you get extremely lucky, you gain traction and eventually expand to a bunch of other similarly sized cities until you can launch nationally. good luck
>>
You lease a 1,500,000 sf warehouse filled with almost all goods and have it equipped with proprietary sorting robots that retrieve orders. Run it 24/7 and do the same thing near most major metro hubs in the United states. Do all this and undercut amazon
>>
Invent portals where you portal the goods directly into people's homes.
>>
>>1041428
I might actually do this
>>
Man I thought Amazon was still a book company until like a year ago. How the fuck does an online bookstore turn into such a juggernaught. It's madness.
>>
>>1040578
East Anon.

Be jet dot com.

That's it.
>>
>>1040578
Start a company to compete with USPS. Fuck fighting amazon.
>>
>>1040578
You don't. My company just gave up and started using most of Amazon's services
>>
Sell stuff for cheaper lol.
Also give free shipping, customers love free shipping
>>
>>1041434
Born in 1990s for sure.
>>
>>1041428
>>1041431
You'd make more licensing the technology to Amazon.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.