[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the happening happening soon or what?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: Untitled.png (46 KB, 827x380) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
46 KB, 827x380
Is the happening happening soon or what?
>>
No, American Express is losing some huge vendors. Costco signed a new agreement without them last year, swipe fees are plunging, and competition from VISA, Mastercard, Discover, and banks are pressuring them. That and they're not accepted everywhere.

Considering that clients that use American Express spend more, their clients are being poached by competition.
>>
>>1040194
I don't think that's what he meant.

Those dips line up with recessions.
>>
>>1040239

>happening
>ever

We are setup for a massive V shape rally

DOW 20,000 by July
>>
>>1040239
Makes sense. They are in the business of moving money. When recessions hit, the velocity of money declines = lower transaction fees on aggregate for them = lower profitability.
>>
>>1040243
>DOW 20,000 by July
Don't think so. We'll be lucky if its flat by July. We're heading into recession.. no doubt about it. Stocks aren't the problem though.
>>
>>1040249

It needs to burn and dye a long death, but I'm starting to think it won't. I'm currently shorting it, so I want it to do just that.

Everytime the stock market went down in the beginning of the year, it quickly recovered; besides for 08. Besides that, there was always a damn bubble that poped. Right now, there is no true bubble that is clear as day. It's just tiny bubbles forming.
>>
>>1040249
>We're heading into recession

who is "we" and what is going to be the underlying cause of the recession?
>>
File: 1375076213678.gif (2 MB, 400x350) Image search: [Google]
1375076213678.gif
2 MB, 400x350
>shanghai stock exchange looking eerily similar to 1929
>it crashes, chinese offload their bonds
>financial collapse
it's comin boys
>>
>>1040433
Global. Sovereign Debt.
>>
>>1040441
>chinese offload bonds

When they're trying to increase their net exports? I don't think so. China's not going to dump bonds until they're out of their recession, which by then our financial markets will have corrected.
>>
>>1040407
the bubble is Chinese real estate
>>
>>1040454
What's happening to soveign debt that will cause a recession? And why now?
>>
>>1040541
Governments are overlevered. The last time this occurred was toward the end of the 1930s.

Basically we'll see a lot of wild swings, high volatility as liquidity is draining out of the system.

A handful of currencies might topple, or devalue (especially pegged currencies). The US Dollar could take off like a rocket (which will push the US into recession too = more expensive exports.)

Expect choppy markets. This move in stocks is going to push a lot of investors into Government Debt (bonds/gilts/bunds etc.) as a "safe haven" asset. Then watch them all lose their shirts.
>>
>>1040541
The why and how is the cul-de-sac that public finances are trapped in. Many yields on debt instruments are negative now. Central banks have suppressed interest rates. Inflation isn't coming (Europe and China are exporting deflation).

It will culminate in interest rates spiking, and multiple governments going bankrupt. Creditors will end up taking substantial haircuts on their bonds.
>>
>>1040541
Take a look at what is happening to Brazil. We were hit earlier due to a number of reasons, but at least we serve as a warning.
>>
>>1040243
heh

I remember you wallstreet experts saying 20k by December 2015.
>>
>>1040243
i think if you missed the split you missed out
>>
>>1040588
I think you're placing to much worth on the competition of global currencies. China was our biggest competitor, and we've survived their depreciation phase. Russia and Brazil are the only other countries that could affect our market, but only by a little.
>>
>>1040239
>Those dips line up with recessions.
This is indeed what I was getting at
>>
File: shemitah-real.png (1 MB, 1366x2653) Image search: [Google]
shemitah-real.png
1 MB, 1366x2653
>>1040173
YES POL IS ALWAYS RIGHT
>>
>>1041911
Just like how they were right about CERN... Twice!
>>
>>1041911
> Dear /pol/, I write to you from the italian Alps

As we all know, the safest place to go during a financial crisis is the Italian Alps.
>>
>>1040243
Lmao the Dow is going to crash to 12,000 in February nigga
>>
>>1041911
A happening has already happened faggot,

The Shanghai stock market went down more than 10% in one week,

Dow started off worse than any other year in history,

You anti happening JIDF subhuman waste of organic material are wrong

Shit is already fucking happening
>>
>>1040173

It's called economic cycle. Go up, go down, go up, go down, and so on. Already happened thousands of year ago. You haven't studied economics right?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.