[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Canada
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: collapse.jpg (89 KB, 624x658) Image search: [Google]
collapse.jpg
89 KB, 624x658
with canada going to heck and everything devaluing around us canucks, what can a young canuck do to climb out or be ontop of this mess and financial rubble heap?
>>
>>1038989
bump?
>>
>>1038989
There's no upside for a few months.
Until oil production cuts happen, the dollar and oil will continue there decline.
Unemployment is going to keep climbing.

The BoC will do everything in its power to prevent the housing crash.
They used to be dogmatic about inflation, but house values are all we have left. Once they fall everyone is going to blame the current gov't so expect the libs to pressure Poloz into negative rates.

I have lost thousands of dollars so far and expect the pain to continue.
>>
>>1039114
so far I have:
0 debt
a good job
low monthly expenditure
month-to-month rental(lease expired and was not renewed)
a couple grand in cash

I'm about as liquid as it gets. Hopefully housing corrects so I have some hope of one day owning a house, which is possible given speculation and chinese money that could be drying up

I only hope I still have a job.

not op btw, just another cancuck trying to live his life

The thing is, while housing has made lots of people wealthy undeservedly, the devaluation is destroying buying power and many people including myself actually reduce spending in this environment because buying power is more important than stuff/easy credit, etc. Unfortunately I feel like we're in the minority. I can only hope my "meekness" will allow me to inherit the earth. Or a piece of Canada
>>
>>1039133
OP here
I'm just about to graduate from uni, prospects are looking grim, so I thought to turn to /biz/ for advice on the future to be at least stable in the coming times
>>
Maybe put money into VFV? Seems promising considering CAD is expected to keep dropping
>>
>>1038989
Im considering ANHERO as a viable alternative..
>>
>>1039212
This too.

At least when I graduate in like 5 years since I'm going to college then university the economy will be booming...
>>
>>1039215
im 34 and missed my golden years to bullshit [spoiler]panic disorder + no job[/spoiler], you can still recover
>>
>>1039223
Man I wish I just did well in hs so I could go straight to Uni. Kinda fucked up there desu.
>>
>>1039133

As I said here >>1039114

BoC will do everything it can to preserve the housing market.
Many many people have been sitting on cash waiting for the end of the bull market. Fears about a crash or harsh correction have been happening for the last two years. Don't expect a dip to last long. We might see the S&P 500 touch 1600 but it will quickly be bought up as people try and rush in to buy.

Housing prices are sticky. They will not budge despite bad news.
>>
>>1039133
>tfw rent your apartment from your father
>tfw teacher so will never ever ever get fired
>tfw lots of savings just waiting for the crash

SECURITY IS NICE

AND BEST

:DDDDD
>>
>>1039264
When is best time to put all money into VFV? Should I wait until it falls even lower? Or buy now and hold for like 2 years until CAD starts going up?
>>
>>1038989
Forex, I've told all my cannuck friends this 2 years ago.
>>
>>1039264
You may be right, there's a lot of cash waiting to jump in. But there's a generational issue where young people don't have the cash to buy these expensive houses. You're also right that housing prices are sticky in this country, but I wonder how many speculators will try to bail if prices start to come down.

We might see job losses before we see asset corrections but that's just my speculation and I don't know much

Negative interest rates---incentivized insolvency of fractional reserve systems--crazy. The other factor is that these reductions in rates are not being passed on to loan carriers.

How about condo sales with no down payment?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/condo-sales-with-no-cash-down-payment-proposed-by-b-c-developer-1.3400084
>>
File: 1451825547919.jpg (178 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
1451825547919.jpg
178 KB, 1080x720
How do you guys buy shares of US companies.

I have a TD Waterhouse self-directed trading account BTW.
>>
>>1039512
VFV is traded on tsx. That way you avoid paying huge currency conversion fees and US capital gains tax.
>>
>>1038989
Leaving this shit tier country is probably the sensible choice. I'm finishing my studies and hope to GTFO.
>>
>>1039553
That's what I did, move to asia ASAP
>>
>>1039553
Where u heading senpai
>>
>>1039568
SE Asia such as Singapore would be my dream, but I don't know how realistic that would be. There are some industries in my field of study there.
>>
>>1038989
I, too, would like to know this. >>1039133
seems to have the right of it - stay mobile, stay liquid, and of course keep your wealth outside the country.

>>1039512
On my trading platform, there's a little maple leaf flag on a drop-down menu. I change that to the stars and stripes and enter the ticker symbol like normal. I'm not with TD, but if you call their customer service they should tell you.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.