[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is going to be a REALLY fucking stupid question. I already
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1436993803886.jpg (183 KB, 700x1050) Image search: [Google]
1436993803886.jpg
183 KB, 700x1050
This is going to be a REALLY fucking stupid question. I already know that before I'm going into it. But despite all the reading I'm doing I can't really find a good answer to this.

Let's say I have a trading account with 5,000 dollars in it. If i type the ticker symbol for any given stock into Google I can see their graph for 1 Day, 5 Day, etc... Say I picked a random company whose shares are about 20$ each. I buy that morning at 20, and the second that the stock rises in price over .50 I sell all of my shares. Assuming a 50 cent gain (not including fees for trading and such) I'd make 125 dollars that day if that were the only trade I made and I used my entire 5,000.

Likewise, I'd come up with a similar rule that would notify me if the stock were going to drop in a direction in which I'd want to get out and I would sell and minimize losses. Hoping to break even the next day or even the same day if possible on another trade.

What's to prevent myself or somebody else from doing this? I see the graphs for stocks and it seems really fucking easy to make low amounts of money almost nearly guaranteed. I KNOW that it can't be this simple but I'm just wondering why it seems so simple to me.
>>
>>1038906
>(not including fees for trading and such)

it all works fine in caramel candy land
>>
Fees and commissions, plus the possibility that your stock never goes higher than you bought it for (which is higher than you think)
>>
>>1038906

You need a minimum of $25k on deposit in order to make more than 3 trades a week.

Read a book on day trading.
>>
>>1039100
Isn't that just for margin trading? He's using cash fampai.
>>
>>1039139
Without the Reg-T margin, you'll be waiting 3-4 days for funds to clear after each trade and you'll still be limited to 3 trades per week.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.