[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /biz/ How can I effectively market my small business with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1451784163561.gif (2 MB, 330x270) Image search: [Google]
1451784163561.gif
2 MB, 330x270
Hey /biz/

How can I effectively market my small business with less than $200/mo?
>>
Depends entirely on the business type and location.
>>
Pay me $200 and I'll do the marketing for you.
>>
>>1037326
Its for my lawn mowing company in a city of less than 100,000 people. I really need more work
>>
>>1037323
I will give you this for free because I'm stupid
>Local marketing
>tie your website to real adress
>google ranking local is orders of magnitude easier
>local canvas and network with phone# funnel, QR code, etc to site.
You should be able to do all this in a weekend for less than $200 if you don't buy some jew's "system." It's just local offline marketing bby.
>>
File: 1452451658535.gif (2 MB, 298x317) Image search: [Google]
1452451658535.gif
2 MB, 298x317
>>1037342
Thank you anon. I will try this
>>
For lawn work, get your customers to let you leave a sign in their yard. Give them a slight discount if they do.

Also make sure your truck has the logo and contact info printed largely on the side.

You're actually spending wisely to put an ad in the local paper. Old people need lawn work done and still read the paper.

Get your social media bases covered, admittedly they aren't going to be great for lawn care, but better safe than sorry.

Find a way to incentivize referrals, free mowing when your friend signs up.
>>
>>1037373

>Get your social media bases covered, admittedly they aren't going to be great for lawn care, but better safe than sorry.
Which social media platform would be best for this or should i just use them all? I have a feeling that people wont be calling me up from snapchat
>>
>>1037373
Agree with this local marketing. Paper ads still work remarkably well. And Op needs a phone and someone on that line who can handle sales. Otherwise a lot of business slips through your hands and time wasted. >>1037359
To be clear, you want to keep your local site simple. If your business is By the Emperor Garden Inquisitor, you don't make that your url. You make it Buttfuck, Utah LawnService. You put your google map and your local phone number on there. Light sales schtick. Add 500 original 500 word blog post about grass every couple weeks to keep high ranking. Don't spend on keyword traffic until you know what you're doing or hire an expert. Social media isn't super important besides FB and maybe twitte presence. It should be something which easily connects to your business and people can link to. Word of mouth type stuff. Linking these to your main site also helps ranking. Updates are important going forward.
>>
>>1037394
Twitter, Facebook are musts.

Obviously word of mouth is powerful and free, my dad has the same job you do and he makes 3k+ a month working 6 days. Wish I knew what else he did to succeed
>>
>>1037402
to be clear, one blog post is fine. Not 500 every two weeks. Haha. Even that's not required. It's just helpful if you see a lot of local listings on the first page already.
>>
File: 1452451267888.gif (817 KB, 550x309) Image search: [Google]
1452451267888.gif
817 KB, 550x309
>>1037414
Actually there's quite a few local listings in my area already, so im going to make it a habit to update frequently. The only problem is how am i supposed to write 500 words on grass week after week? It would get repetitive pretty quick right?

>>1037404
I get facebook can be useful because alot of older people are on it now, but twitter? For a lawn mowing company what hashtags would I use? #grass #mowing #city etc.?

Thank you guys for responding, I've gathered alot of information.
>>
>>1037394
I would claim them all just so someone else can't.

Facebook might get you a few people, but it's unlikely. Twitter could be useful but how many people will follow their lawn guy?

>>1037450
>The only problem is how am i supposed to write 500 words on grass week after week? It would get repetitive pretty quick right?

Write on promotions you are doing. Do something slightly different every month.

Talk about maintaining grass, and new methods to make it look better. Do you have your chemical licenses?
>>
>>1037450
Yeah. it gets old fast. One of the reasons I don't do that kind of marketing anymore. I suggest finding someone on Fiverr or something who can be trusted to deliver truly original content for a decent price. (I stress originality because Google will smack you down.) I'd say wait to take that cost for a month or two. But not too long. Your time is worth a lot and you need to be focused on a few key areas only to be efficient. Same with the phone sales. There you may be able to offer commissions on the back instead of upfront costs to you. Most of your clients will not just hand over money as you probably know. They need leading to the conversion point. This delegation will allow for focus on expansion so don't be discouraged by the work or costs. It's about growing smart.
>>
Id say flyers.

My local printer charges 28 cents per flyer.

My average respone rate is 1 call per 100 flyers.
>>
>>1037465
That's a kinda low rate. Do you think the area is saturated? When was the last time you changed the flyer copy?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.