[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Car Loan Bubble
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 556.jpg (11 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
556.jpg
11 KB, 276x183
Which companies should one short during the upcoming bursting of the car loan bubble?
>>
>>1035427

Invest in Repo
>>
I could be wrong, but aren't car loans always given using the car as collateral ?

So unless millions of people default on the car loan and destroy the cars, I don't see how this is a bubble in the first place.
>>
>>1035431
good idea, thanks anon
>>
File: 435345.jpg (9 KB, 281x179) Image search: [Google]
435345.jpg
9 KB, 281x179
>>1035528
It is the same as the subprime mortgage crisis, except it is now cars
>>
I need to buy a new car. How do I not get screwed?
>>
>>1035645
Get a lease on it for like 2 years maybe,

idk
>>
>>1035645
pay cash on an ok car, save money, when the economy crashes and everyone is losing their car, go buy the nice car you want for cheap.
>>
there is a car loan bubble

there is another mortgage bubble

there is a bubble in sovereign debt around the world (lol $1.3 Trillion is a budget?)

the stock market is in a bubble

financial instruments and institutions are in a bubble

This bubble is not localized but worldwide

And you are wondering what stocks to short?

Kid where we're going we won't need any "stocks"
>>
>>1035685
>>1035427
>>1035675
How can there be a car loan bubble if cars are more or less the same price?

>>1035666
Thanks, Satan.
>>
>>1035645
buy a used car, because you don't actually "need" a new car
>>
>>1035690

Car loan bubble not car price bubble.

It means that your drugged out uncle who lives in a van by the river can go into a dealership and get a 2015 chevy tahoe
>>
>>1035427
The big players (ally, Wells Fargo) don't make the predatory loans - the pink sheet companies are the ones that are doing this. And there's not a lot of profit to be had in shorting a $2 stock with <100 million market cap. And these are the companies that own tge lots too and repo the same car 10 times and sell it after each borrower defaults so there isn't a lot of risk as the price of the car does not significantly depreciate in the time frame were talking about.
>>
>>1035698
Oh ok. So when it crashes, lots of late year used cars on the market, hopefully?
>>
>>1035705

most likely in a collapse scenario there will be no entity to go repossess the cars

in a collapse people will protect their possessions with lead
>>
what you should be saying is that there is a debt bubble
>>
>>1035528
With millions of used cars flooding the market you don't think prices on used cars will drop significantly?
>>
>>1035710
Nah it's gonna collapse

>>1035685
wat, no stock, i dont want to believe
>>
>>1035690
car loan =/= car price
>>
>>1035576
You know, I see an awful lot of fucking car commercials, but don't know anyone who's buying cars. The price of a car is like a year's salary millennials these days.

I hate that they're a de facto requirement of life in America; need a car to take you to your job that pays for your car.
>>
>>1035685
>housing price gouges the shit out of us because they know we need housing and have to pay for it no matter what

>healthcare price gouges the shit out of us because they know we need healthcare and have to pay for it no matter what

>universities price gouge the shit out of us because they know we need a bachelor's degree for a job and will pay for it no matter what

>telecom monopolies price gouge the shit out of us because they know we need internet and have to pay for it no matter what

>car companies price gouge the shit out of us because they know we need cars to get to work and have to pay for it no matter what

>can't raise wages because that's literally communism

>financial markets being surprised that we have to take on a lifetime of debt just to do fucking anything in life

>financial markets being surprised that this whole system they created is a house of cards ready to collapse at any moment
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.