[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's it a meme? And by meme I mean, are people just using
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
It's it a meme?

And by meme I mean, are people just using this to use it? Are they really benefiting from it?

Just waiting to see thoughts on this.
>>
>>1033856
Bumping
>>
>>1033856
My Apologies I meant "is it a meme" not "it's it a meme"
>>
>>1033856
It's a meme for getting a job. Decent for networking.

>Apply to 20 jobs through LinkedIn = 2 responses.

>Put my resume up on Monster, Careerbuilder, and Dice without applying anywhere: 10 phone calls per day from recruiters for 2 weeks.
>>
>>1033856
it is a networking platform, and for what it is, it is great. if you are into investing, it is also a great way to find valuable information before it hits the news.
>>
spam generator meme for losers
>>
HR from my current workplace actually called me after seeing my profile on linkedin (Switzerland).
>>
>>1033872
those fucking recruiters are the scum of the bottom of the earth. They call you to tell you, you didn't get a job. They call you to ask questions about things already on my resume.
>>
>>1033996

Did you get an interview?

>>1033872

Did anything with the recruiters pan out? Also, RE dice, care to post your resume or background?

>>1034210

I read a post buy a guy who posted on those sites and essentially SEO'd his resume and rapidly climbed from job to job doubling/tripling his income within a year or two.
>>
Seems like a good website with nothing to really lose.

>Take professional photo for faceshot
>Make profile
>Sit back and check once in a while for job offers/recruiters

Why not desu?
>>
>>1033856
If you have very specific/rare skills it works. I have recruiters emailing me all the time and ik not even looking for a job. Did interview and get hired once through LinkedIn but ended up staying at my old job after they counter offered
>>
File: Anonymised Resume.png (1 MB, 2517x3229) Image search: [Google]
Anonymised Resume.png
1 MB, 2517x3229
>>1034227
Yeah, I got 2 offers in 3 weeks. Took the one which doesn't require me to relocate.

>care to post your resume
pls no bully
>>
>>1034250

Are you at T-Mobile now? Where in Seattle are you?
>>
>>1034256
I worked for an IT consulting firm (location was where I lived). I traveled a lot and actually never had a client in the same city I lived in.

Would rather not get into more personally identifiable information.
>>
>>1034250
>8 years of experience
that's nice anon.
>>
linked in never got me a job, just some silly offers. My main reason is that it gives people something to google, besides my right wing rantings or book reviews.
>>
>>1035193
Recruiters usually try to argue that I have 2 years of work experience since they don't count the research as it would price me well out of what they can offer.
>>
>>1034250
How old are you?
>>
>>1035903
Just turned 30.
>>
I'm trying to get connected to a guy who went to my school who's a bigshot at a company I applied to, but I don't want to try anything direct and a mutual contact I have hasn't gotten around to/ignored my request for an introduction.

Nobody seems to reply to anything I send them anyway. Maybe it's because I use an .edu email and it ends up in people's spam folder?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.