[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Experiences? Why or why shouldn't I throw a majority of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: LendingClub_logo.jpg (12 KB, 589x112) Image search: [Google]
LendingClub_logo.jpg
12 KB, 589x112
Experiences?

Why or why shouldn't I throw a majority of my savings into it
>>
pls
>>
Seems pretty damned difficult to get a loan from them no matter how any times they mail me begging to do so. I really don't understand what market niche these alternative lenders are looking to fill. If your credit was great, wouldn't you just go to a real bank?
>>
>>1030716
I don't understand peer to peer lending either

It's just the cost of making a small loan to a lot of is pointless considering the underwriting costs of a $5mn loan is the exact same as a $250k loan. The only thing these personal loans are valuable for is collateralizing them and turning them into securities.
So I understand why this market would exist
>>
>>1030626
Guys why aren't you using Fundingcircle.com?

It lets you lend to actual business rather than loser people. ACTUAL. BUSINESSES. Much better than funding little Jimmy's credit card debt.
>>
>>1030716
>>1030761

They generally offer better terms than the banks.

As an investment it's relatively risky but also very easy to get in to, which is why it's perfect for younger investors to lend out their pocket change and burn their fingers early.

As you might expect, the returns aren't that amazing, especially when people start defaulting
>>
File: 1334383839232.jpg (30 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1334383839232.jpg
30 KB, 400x300
>>1030805
>It lets you lend to actual business rather than loser people. ACTUAL. BUSINESSES

Because they have limited liability.
>>
>>1030809
>They generally offer better terms than the banks.
That hasn't been my experience. The one time I was actually approved, it was for $500 at 39% interest. While I have some debt (looking to consolidate), it's not a horror show. I could go to any bank and get quadruple the limit at half the cost without even trying.
>>
>>1030810
That's why you lend only to businesses with a guarantor (most of them) or sole traders, in which case they do not have limited liability.
>>
>>1030945
Personal bankruptcy laws are far more lenient than business bankruptcy laws.
>>
>>1030805
From what I understand they only accept investments from accredited investors. 99% of the people on this board probably wouldn't qualify.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.