[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I had an idea for a business where I could just sit at home,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 8203_2d878faf73_small.png (53 KB, 205x240) Image search: [Google]
8203_2d878faf73_small.png
53 KB, 205x240
I had an idea for a business where I could just sit at home, but I'm having trouble at a part.

>post on craigslist looking for workers and say apply via email
>get a small pool of workers that way
>advertise handyman jobs basically
>send worker(s) there to do the jobs
>get money from clients that wanted the jobs done
>???????
>profit

I'm at a loss on how to pay the workers though. The entire point of this was for me to sit at home, so I don't want to go anywhere and meet them. I just want to give them the money. Most likely will not have paypal, so what do I do?
>>
>>1030491
Anyone else think that's an odd looking boot?
>>
>>1030522

It's quite strange.
>>
>>1030491
lmao. so basically you want to start a general contractor business and not meet any of your potential employees or clients?
>>
LMFAOOOOO OP
WHAT A SHITTY BOOT
>>
>>1030536

Yes, I think it could work.
>>
>>1030491
so basically a recruitment service, that is a thing already and competitive
>>
>>1030535
>>1030538
I actually sort of want those boots...

>>1030491
Op, how much are you selling these for?
>>
>>1030553

$750 USD
>>
>>1030491
This exists.
It's called labour hire
You need a fuck load of capital to start one
>>
>>1030642
Why? Just pay 4-5 guys minimum wage to go do landscaping to start.

I would also oversee the job they're doing at first to make sure they're doing it correctly. If it is successful you could hire a supervisor for them, and eventually more workers.
>>
>>1030491
How are the workers falling for this? I lived with a handyman who had bad epilepsy and couldnt hold regular jobs and he just posted himself
>>
>>1030658
But that defeats hos whole idea of sitting at home. Which is why this is a shot idea. Half those guys will be heroine addicted carbies and youll scare off customers
>>
>>1030658
no one but illegals would work labor for minimum wage. and god emperor Trump is kicking them all out next year. think of another plan.
>>
>>1030688
>Trump is kicking them all out next year
>thinking this is actually going to happen
>>
File: 1451640935832.jpg (71 KB, 474x641) Image search: [Google]
1451640935832.jpg
71 KB, 474x641
>>1030692
Tick-tock...
>>
>>1030699
I'm /pol/, believe me.

But it would ruin my business, and most Mexican immigrants work hard as fuck and pursue the American dream.
>>
>>1030491
.... you mail them a check?
>>
>>1030702
But like most everyone else, never achieve it.
>>
>>1030702

You should be fined for hiring illegals.

>>1030688

Trump is a blowhard idiot that outsources to Mexico.
>>
Just open a web dev firm and hire Indians for 3.50 an hour on odesk.

Charge 35 an hour to clients.

If client denies the work then just deny the clients pay on odesk.

You need to learn to jew properly.

Easier and less work.
>>
>>1030491
Just hire some Koreans
Koreans are the new Mexicans
>>
>>1030491

op you need to be present and supervise those mexicans or they are going to do a shit job and you will never get work again since this will work based on referalls

>>1031230

literally the best fucking idea on biz , jesus h crist

how would one start this with no clue about computers? i guess it would be needed to have a website , maybe hire those indians to build ur website as a test to see if they are capable, then negotiate price per hour, advertise craigs, facebook , where else? payment by paypal and bitcoin then what?
>>
>>1031851
Not feasible. Good luck trying to coordinate an outsourced dev team whilst having no project management experience or any knowledge of any part of the SDLC, or how to outsource IT work. Your post gave me cancer.
>>
Youre not going to build a thriving business from your moms basement. It sucks but it's true.
>>
Labour (I mean working) is basically fucked right now. There are 3 billion Asians willing to work for pennies on the dollar compared to what you need to even pay rent.
The only things making returns right now are intellectual property, capital, and leaching from the government purse.
>>
>>1033368
jokes on you then start your chemo. all companies outsource,i did the research and its doable on a small scale . and i already started it . got my first client already got the dev whos going to do the work going to make $500 this week doing literally nothing
>>
>>1033464
>doing literally nothing

You're full of shit.
How did you explained to the developer what to do, what is his task is going to be, if you know nothing about IT in the first place?

>all companies outsource

They usually know what they are doing. In case of IT, they play a role of a client/project manager, who has to transform client's wishes into tasks for developers. "Doing nothing" doesn't apply here. It's usually a job for guys, who are too old / lazy to write code and too stupid/unambitious to become managers.

If it was "literally nothing" the developers would do all that themselves, instead of giving lion's share of money to some fucking parasite.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.