[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>In the information age, the barriers [to entry into programming]
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: john_530_big.jpg (208 KB, 530x424) Image search: [Google]
john_530_big.jpg
208 KB, 530x424
>In the information age, the barriers [to entry into programming] just aren't there. The barriers are self imposed. If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on, and the dedication to go through with it. We slept on floors. We waded across rivers.
>>
>>1030128
You were to autistic to attract a fuckable goat, let alone a human being. Get off of your high horse John, noone buys into your shilling.
>>
...and why did they wade across rivers? At least in the US there are existing subsidized structures (mostly freely available) by which a man can simply walk across a river.
>>
Who is this guy? I'm curious what he did.
>>
>>1030208
he made a video game called Doom, it was popular back then.
>>
File: 220px-NeXT_logo.svg.png (11 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
220px-NeXT_logo.svg.png
11 KB, 220x220
>>1030208
your ID code is even an obscure reference related to his masterpiece's development
>>
>>1030211

way to make it sound like it was no big deal
>>
>>1030211
>>1030428
Okay, thanks. Don't worry, I know how important Doom was, I just didn't know this is the guy who made it.
>>
>>1030128
This guy is ancient and no longer understands the software industry. You really can't make it alone these days. There's simply too many parts to modern software that any one person just can't have all the skills necessary to meet the minimum acceptable standards of quality.
>>
>>1031383
What about Notch & co?
Or those two-to-four-guy successful kickstarters
>>
>>1031383
This is the least of your worries, honestly. That may apply in certain scenarios, like consumer software, but the majority of business software requires industry expertise, relationships, a dedicated sales, support, and services teams, and a way to prove that your company will be around for at least several years, which takes a lot of money and knowledge.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.