[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there still oil-rig jobs that pay shit ton of money for hard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: OIL-RIG-MFS.jpg (330 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
OIL-RIG-MFS.jpg
330 KB, 2000x1000
Are there still oil-rig jobs that pay shit ton of money for hard labour in U.S? I kinda need/want to do a heavy ass labour job. I have no experience, though.
>>
Literally destroys your body bro, which in turn destroys your soul.
>>
Hell no lol.

Youre welcome to try though. For land rigs the way to get a job is to go find a rig and walk out there and ask the tool pusher for a job. Seriously. That's how they filter out the pussies I guess.
>>
>>1028696
Hell no, the price of oil dropped and everything is fucked
>>
>>1028696

Yes there are oil jobs in the mid-west. Good luck though. They are highly competitive and while not immediately skill intensive they require working 50-60 hours a week, pretty much be ready at all hours of the day, and very short nights.

The benefit is you will work 2 to 3 weeks then have 2 or so weeks off and be making like 80K a year if you do not get injured or fired. If you can do this and survive a year or two you'll be in good shape.

These jobs are highly competitive to get and you usually have to know someone. My fiance has some relatives who do it, I don't know exactly where to look though.
>>
File: 1450958938125.jpg (13 KB, 242x250) Image search: [Google]
1450958938125.jpg
13 KB, 242x250
>>1028696

You'll need to get your sea survival and emergency firefighting training, as well as the rig specific survival training to work offshore. In the UK the STCW95 ticket training for basic sea survival will set you back around £1200-1400 depending on where you go. The rig specific survival training will set you back close to another grand, since you have to bail from an upturned helecopter in a big swimming pool. Fun course tho

If you're looking to make a lot of money at sea then you might wanna consider moving to the UK to get your Merchant Navy training. The MCA here sets the global standard, so the tickets you get here will get you a fairly decent wage anywhere. Or you could go the fast, lazy bastard route like I did and get your survival tickets from a fishing apprenticeship and then trade up to tug work after a few years

Keep in mind that working offshore will pay more if you're career orientated. Physical grunt work is only the bottom end of it, you'll be taking home well over 120k a year, tax free depending on your national laws, if you go into the deck officer or engineering routes.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.