[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is buying customised shit off of Alibaba and selling on Amazon/ebay
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: chase the dough nigga.jpg (21 KB, 736x418) Image search: [Google]
chase the dough nigga.jpg
21 KB, 736x418
Is buying customised shit off of Alibaba and selling on Amazon/ebay etc. a viable way to make money these days?

I'm not looking to make millions, just some income during summer holidays etc. when I don't have classes
>>
bump lads
>>
>>1026932
It's a viable way to make pocket change senpai
>>
>>1026932
Yes it is.
Depends on what kind of products you'll buy/sell and how much time you want to put in it btw.
>>
>>1026932
I've been doing it for a while now, however if you'd like to earn anything decent you'd have to invest a lot of time, and deal with customer's queries all the time.
>>
>>1027763
How much do you make off it? I've been heavily considering getting an Amazon seller account and doing OP's idea.
>>
>>1026932
Bump
>>
>>1027775
On a good month anywhere between 6 to 10k$ but I have two assistants on a pay roll. It still gobbles up the majority of my free time tho.
>>
ive heard alibaba is actually a bullshit site and any one of the vendors can take ur money and run and theres basically nothing you can do about it. heard that on this very board
>>
>>1027777
That's impressive, well-done anon. How many products does your account have listed? Any advice with getting started? I've been researching this for months and have a decent idea of what goes into selecting a product to sell, importing it, etc, but I'm still nervous when it comes to starting it. Especially since I only have a few grand to work with.
>>
Seems like a lot of work for relatively little.

If it's something everyone can do it doesn't really see like I'd make any good money. Selling cheap Chinese shit on eBay is something everyone does to the point of it making a few cents per item...
>>
>>1027779
I started with an intial purchase of 12k, with a majro focus on plus size clothing for women. Then I just went to most of the major platforms (Etsy mostly, but Dawanda, Asos also) and I undercut the pricess of the ''handmade'' stores . The hard part is dealing with refunds, packages that are not being picked up, ''customization orders'' , chargebacks etc. As soon as you jump the 50 sales a month benchmakr, get help or you will be falling behind on time frames.

I try to keep the catalogue up to 100 at any time.
>>
>>1027783
What kind of margins per item?

How does the whole alibaba thing work? Could you explain it to us?
>>
>>1027791
Alibaba and related sites simply ship in bulk, but once you've purchased from someone several times, you may just bypass the site , avoid fees and get from the manifacturer directly.

Pricing depends on the quality of the item to be frank, if you are buying tunics for 4$ don't expect to be able to push them for 50$, as dumb as people are , you will start getting negative reviewes.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.