[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's say you got a huge inheritance >upwards of 20million
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 1451461697044.gif (1 MB, 371x209) Image search: [Google]
1451461697044.gif
1 MB, 371x209
Let's say you got a huge inheritance
>upwards of 20million USD

What would you do first? Assuming you are going to migrate to america. How do you go about doing it.
>>
>>1023285
Invest 10 million into a diversified account that gets a 5 percent return per year / pays dividends and live off of that. Use 5 million to invest in businesses / real estate. Use the other 5 to buy house cover expenses for a long time.
>>
>>1023285
try r9k for all your daydreaming posts.
>>
Buy houses to rent out, hire a guy to manage the renting operation so I never need to worry about it or deal with any of the people living there or making sure that the house is up to snuff, retire for life.

Easy.
>>
File: 648.gif (2 MB, 388x218) Image search: [Google]
648.gif
2 MB, 388x218
>>1023285
Hookers and blow on a private jet straight to america.
>>
Buy one gram of cocaine.
Buy apartment in Moscow.
Buy apartment in London.

Diversify the rest.
>>
I know what I WOULDN'T do.

I wouldn't ask 4chan how to allocate over $20million USD. I would hire a professional to manage my wealth.
>>
>>1023788

Are you sure you didn't mean an 8-ball. How far can a gram really go this day in age.

I would also suggest a bullet/snuffer to store that 8-ball.
>>
Bitcoin and ASTI
>>
>>1023788
>>1023788
Why moscow and london?

Also lets say if I'm going to retire in the states, how do I migrate and which state is good for retirement? I like scenic places compared to cities, but convenience is also a factor to consider. Been considering denver or somewhere in the west.

Assuming i come from east asia
>>
Absolutely nothing. That's enough for me to comfortably live the rest of my days, there's no need to risk that.
>>
File: 1412346654610.jpg (111 KB, 530x600) Image search: [Google]
1412346654610.jpg
111 KB, 530x600
>>1023285

No difference, same as now. Drink beer and travel all around. Mostly warm places.
>>
20m in VOO

in 20 years I'm worth half a bill
>>
>>1024128
Can someone help me? OP here
>>
buy my way into Harvard

(assuming that I'm not at the Ivy League I'm currently at)

hand the rest of the money off to be invested

make connections, walk out with more money after four years, and work to keep doubling that advantage
>>
>>1023285
invest invest invest

Toss 15 milli into the stock market or penny stocks and use the 5 milli as a down payment on a big ass loan, order industrial shit from China or somewhere and just open mad factories, or buy a warehouse and just make a huge manufacturing firm
>>
>>1024545
Also, Vermont is nice.
>>
>>1024545
You sound awfully naïve.
>>
>>1023285
>1 Mil on House
>1 Mil on Expenses
>18 Mil in Investments that earn, post tax, around 3%
>Work/Volunteer in my now totally free time
>Invest any spare cash into busniesses
Thus i will never have to work again - nor will my children.
>>
>>1024574

Lol just open mad facories bro. Why don't all rich people do this
>>
Mountain Dew and Anime.
>>
Straight roll it all into a one of a kind supercar with an engine made out of Uranium. Then drive that motherfucker through a market place. Get arrested, free accommodation for years.
>>
>>1024587

Anon, look, no matter how much money you have, you shouldn't want to make it so your kids don't have to work, or they will go through their lives without discipline

A parent can teach discipline, but the realest discipline of all is when your rent is due soon and you're scrambling to pay it

Had I never had to work so I could survive, I would have stopped working a long time ago and just lived on my money, it puts this... fire into you.

That's why people don't stop working when they are billionaires- it's that same discipline that got them to the point of being billionaires
>>
I'd do exactly what I'm doing now, except in my own house instead of my parent's house.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.