[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Biz hookups thread: Got an idea or opportunity that you can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 7
File: 1448163515741.jpg (94 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448163515741.jpg
94 KB, 1920x1080
Biz hookups thread:
Got an idea or opportunity that you can't do anything with?
Need someone with some skills you don't have?
Looking for a job?
Hiring?
Looking for a reference?
You get the idea.
>>
Here is mine, well, actually I have two.
First, I am working for a company, I have been given a list of stuff that I can sell at extremely discounted prices at my discretion to get it out of our warehouse, they don't care if I sell it to other dealers or individuals, but I can't buy any of it myself, except for personal use.
This falls under the opportunity that I can't do anything with category, do any of you sell athletic equipment on ebay or something?
>>
>>1019021
Second, and this one is a bit more of a long shot, but I know someone who is having a hell of a time finding a maintenance guy for his mobile home park, Its in a rural area of the north western US, you have to be able to pass a background check and a drug test, pay is not amazing but cost of living is extremely low and you'll get 40 hours a week.
>>
Any cool jobs in the ATL area available?
>>
>>1019021
What are you selling brah?
>>
>>1019010
m/22/az

u?
>>
>>1019083
wrestling shit, shoes, headgear, etc, some more general stuff as well, socks, mouthguards
>>
>>1019112
Have you considered going to schools and just trying to dump it in bulk?
What are you exactly looking for someone to do for you? Are you looking to sell it to one of us, then have them sell it at a normal price and split the profit?
>>
>>1019034
Anywhere near Western WA?
>>
>>1019059

How much you looking to make? Are you opposed to manual labor?
>>
File: car-wax-before-and-after.jpg (18 KB, 400x138) Image search: [Google]
car-wax-before-and-after.jpg
18 KB, 400x138
So, I have one.

For the last year I have been detailing cars. I live in an affluent area, so it is killer here. I honestly, don't think it would work in an area with low income. It needs to be the good part of town.

I'm able to make $500 - $800 a week doing cars, and usually don't work more than 30 hours a week. Plus I usually ask the customer to pay in cash.

I have perfected the system, the sales, my flyers, advertising, etc... I'd like the chance to share all company data with someone, and coach them how to do it themselves, but only if there were something in it for me. Like if they gave me $1,000 up front, or if they paid me a cut of all their business for like their first 6 months. IDK, I'm open to offers.
>>
Idea guy here. I have a lot of great ideas for mobile applications, but I lack the coding skills necessary to create them. I don't want anybody here to steal my ideas, so just email me if you're serious about teaming up with a fellow /biz/nessman. We can talk about money in private, but right now I'm thinking an 80/20 split since you're easily replaceable, desu, lol.

Mailinator so that nobody email stalks me:
[email protected]
>>
>>1019136
Why not sell a majority of the company and keep minority ownership to reap some of the profits?
>>
>>1019123
I have, and I have had some success with that.
And, yeah, pretty much.
>>1019128
eastern WA
>>
>>1019141
poo in the loo
>>
>>1019150
>And, yeah, pretty much.
So would someone be expected to just front the money to purchase it initially? Sounds risky.
>>
>>1019131

$70k+, no manual labor. I've never had a real job before.
>>
>>1019161
My ID should change, but, OP here.
Its no more risky than reselling anything else
>>
>>1019147

I would have to form an LLC. Get all the numbers togetether. Pay taxes.

All for like $300 a week when it's all said and done. I've been over this with some accounting people and friends, and it's just not worth it.

To me the business is only worth it if you fly under the radar and hoard the cash.

Plus I really just want to be hands off entirely, and just show someone how to do it. But I don't want to just give away my hard work for nothing.
>>
>>1019205
>$300 a week

How does $800 a week turn into $300 a week? Taxes won't take that much.
>>
>>1019170

Ho, ha, ha ha, oh he ha. *Heath Ledger as Joker in The Dark Knight Voice*

joking right?

I was gonna hook you up, but not now. No fuckin way you're gonna get anywhere near that in Atlanta without any job experience.
>>
>>1019210

the labor's not gonna work for free.
>>
>>1019211
>>1019211
>No fuckin way you're gonna get anywhere near that in Atlanta without any job experience.

Who said I don't have experience? I've just never had a job. I've been self employed since I was a kid. I will probably get a job as a product designer or something, thinking Mailchimp so far.
>>
>>1019200
Let me outline the whole process:
>I sell items to you, through the company I work for
>I sell them at a discount, but above what my company paid for them when they bought like 5,000 of whatever item
>I get my cut at this point, incentive for getting previous years stuff out of our warehouse from my company
>you sell the stuff on ebay, amazon, wherever you normally resell stuff at normal price, or a little below because you can
>you make your money at this point
I think the right person could make a little money off this, but if you aren't already into reselling stuff like that you might not be the right person.
the other benefit, aside from getting the stuff at a low price, is that you don't have to order in bulk (and some of the items we only have a few of anyway) so you can do a trial with, say a few pairs of shoes, or you can get 500 if you want, I don’t care.
>>
>>1019224
And that’s pretty much it. If you have any questions about specifics, my throwaway is autumntreehouse at gmail
>>
File: 1450659894545.gif (2 MB, 351x303) Image search: [Google]
1450659894545.gif
2 MB, 351x303
i'm an engineering student with the idea of making high temperature superconducting processors for supercomputer clusters. each processor would be capable of operating at 100ghz due to the switching speed of josephson junctions.

I don't have the money for getting superconductors, but the concept would lead to a low capital high profit service due to the low voltage needed for operating, compared to the performance. it would destroy the competition.

thoughts?
>>
>>1019243
If you believe in it, patent it. Then market the idea
>>
File: 488714479_640.jpg (25 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
488714479_640.jpg
25 KB, 640x360
this thread so far
>>
>>1019247
what do you mean by market an idea? like that phoneblokks ad?
>>
>>1019251
Like, if the science is sound, and it is as advantageous as you think it is, you shouldnt have a hard time getting companies interested, but, the only thing you have is the idea, so protect it.
>>
>>1019254
how specific do i have to be in my patent? if i design it in one particular way does it mean someone could alter a single circuit lane and repatent it? or do i have to make multiple patents in that sense?
>>
>>1019227
>>1019224
Do you have any decent stuff you'd just sell to people on here? I could use some cleats.
>>
Anyone near seattle got anything?
Looking for a decent paying job/apprenticeship in the Seattle area. Open to manual labor and just about anything that is willing to train me.
>>
>>1019258
My ID is going to change again, on my phone now, also, I hate posting on here on my phone so this will be my last reply for the night, but to answer your question I really don't know, I am just cautioning you to protect yourself, like, this guy>>1019141 once the idea is out, unless you are careful, you are the replaceable one, but you can't just sit on it forever either because someone else will stumble across it sooner or later.
>>1019264
Most of it is wrestling specific stuff, if you need a few pairs of athletic socks or underarmour stuff in a few weird colors or sizes I might be able to help, but yeah, mostly wrestling stuff.
>>
>>1019243

Why hasn't one of the literally millions of other engineering students come up with this idea before?
>>
>>1019141
I met a moron just like you once, he's now worth -100k thanks to his world-changing idea which is now dead, make of that what you will
>>
>>1019141
Anyone who thinks ideas need protecting is stupid. Frankly, someone else probably has the same idea and can handle it better as they aren't some oblivious newb like you. Chances are your precious idea already exists and your google fu is weak. The world is smaller than you think and you are not a unique and beautiful snowflake.

If you're going to give a crap split like that just hire some indian outright for a single job but good luck on that as it's clear you are a client from hell and nobody worth hiring will work for you. If you think programming is so easy and programmers are so replaceable, DO IT YOURSELF. People like you are exactly what freelancers hate: self-entitled morons with zero pocket money who think that they can just get a free ride off our backs because it's "your idea". We want to make money, too. No, we won't work for nothing. Go back to your crap job. Idiot.
>>
>>1019504
>>1019515
he's obviously trolling you mormons
>>
>>1019520
Oh baby you're far too optimistic, you have no idea how far human stupidity reaches
Point in case, the guy I know was just like him
>>
>>1019515
Angry and bitter programmer who will one day be automated because you lack creativity or free thought. Fuck off autist scum.
>>
File: IMG_20151231_113738.jpg (256 KB, 1047x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151231_113738.jpg
256 KB, 1047x960
I'm looking for a partner in the Providence-Boston area (south of Boston) to buy my shit wholesale and sell at events and markets as their own business or to do the same as a commissioned sales person.
>>
>>1019170
TOP KEK.

What could you possibly have to offer that would warrant someone paying you that kind of money?

Inb4 Selling my body.
>>
>>1019224
I'd flip product for you if the quality is good. Where are you shipping out of?
>>
>>1019243
>>1019455
Because superconductors that run at ambient temeperatures are a myth. Currently need huge expenditures to create the super cold functioning environment for a superconductor (which, incidentally, costs a lot of money and eats into your energy savings).
>>
>>1019746

anon how hard can you work

be honest
>>
>>1019751
No wife, no kids, no job. Just need flexibility.
>>
>>1019755

do you have an ebay account and if so what are your selling limits
>>
>>1019758
Never sold anything on ebay
>>
No swefags, or even eurofags, huh? Well ok.
>>
>>1019770
You buying or selling, eurobro?
>>
>>1019764

Anon, you need to make an account now.

Sell something. Anything. Wait 90 days.

You need to get some feedback too. Or your listings cheaper than other people with more FB's listings won't show up on ebay's 'optimized' search

I can't funnel you product because you'll choke on it and die with a $1,000 monthly cap
>>
>>1019779
Lol, always something. Thanks for the advice. Maybe in another life, bizbro
>>
File: image.jpg (190 KB, 1242x2064) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
190 KB, 1242x2064
I'm willing to pay someone upwards to $3,000 to make an app for me

Simple app really

I already have the graphics/buttons

Needs: iOS/Android/Windows/Website version of the app.

Basically an app that will allow for me to locate something, lost dog, cat, etc.

I need the app to be so simple all I have to do is add the gps collar Info into the website and it shows me where the dog is.

A user can sign in and locate their lost dog/etc.

Reply with info
>>
>>1019791
I have an app developing firm, but that shit's gonna cost you at least 10k, there is no, "just make it super easy" if you want to market it alongside a physical product its faaaar more complicated than what you're describing
>>
UK College drop-out, 29
Have a steady enjoyable job, but need more bucks and a development role or training contract.
No motivation to look for a job or finish my CV.
How do I get motivated or get a plan to start looking for jobs.
Industry engineering, 2 years experience in March.
Know CAD but no 3-d experience.
>>
>>1019931

Are you not located in India?
>>
>>1020052
Nope, based in good old TX, indians are gonna charge you pennies but they're gonna deliver a turd that won't work, you get what you pay for
>>
>>1019746
shipping from western WA
>>1019751
>>1019758
>>1019779
That dude isn't me, email me at the address I posted earlier for deets>>1019227
>>
>>1019781

You know what anon,

One last chance. Where do you live? In the west? In the south? USA?
>>
>>1020264

I know I'm not you, I'm not scraping pennies together trying to get people to re-sell trash
>>
>>1020285
You don’t even know what I'm selling. And, desu I don’t really care if one of you does anything with this or not. I am satisfied with what I am making off it already, and I am moving to a different, far better paying job shortly anyway. In short, I'm doing this for shits and giggles, and because I think that starting a trend of actually doing stuff with the other people on this board would be cool
>>
Does anyone know anyone who works in Sports Marketing in Charlotte, NC?
>>
>>1019131
I'm 22, and I've been doing manual labor gigs on and off for a couple years. Looking to get into something part time since I'll be enrolled in cc, preferably non labor but I'm not opposed to it.
>>
>>1019141
>I have a lot of great ideas for mobile applications, but I lack the coding skills necessary to create them.
classic
>>
File: 1447185505701.jpg (294 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
1447185505701.jpg
294 KB, 900x600
I'm looking for students who are interested in finance and automated trading.

We are a student run company that develops automated trading strategies for the stock market. If you want to develop strategies, put them to actual use and do something nice on your CV then please visit the website and contact us. Website is in german but we all speak english (just use google translate) smartstone-capital.com

Atm we have around 180k€. For regulatory reasons our company "develops and sells" trading strategies, but actually we are a undercover nano hedge fund.
>>
>>1020406
I'll be willing to program these things, but I'm not good at the market

Email me at [email protected]
>>
3d artist, some 2d and some 3d animation (can probably do 2d if i tried)
can do objects modeling,package design,logos,vector art,rendering.

won't do: nsfw,commercials (need few people for that), full paintings.
my rates are low because im only starting but you can take a look at my portfolio, just reply with contact info
>>
>>1019750
Not if its done with magnetic refrigeration
>>
>>1019141

> but right now I'm thinking an 80/20 split
> since you're easily replaceable, desu, lol.
> top kek

> ran software business
> head programmer
> ran whole back end
> ran whole website
> programmed everything
> did 85/15 split between seller & support
> sat back and watched the money pile up

I guess it just depends what position you're in, cause' virtually you're more replaceable than the programmer is. A great example of that is Facebook.
>>
Looking for fulltime work in Southern California, anything that I can apply my noggin to
>>
>>1020282
Southern Ontario.
>>
>>1019141
>>1019243
>>1019515
>>1019791
>>1019931
>>1020416
I'm a music and sound producer and I've done sfx and mx for apps and games. I have qualifications and I'm fast and good. I would consider working for shares in a company.

Apps need music/sfx, advertisements, jingles, soundbytes, etc.

If anyone is interested I'll post email.
>>
>>1019791
I can help you with your app.
[email protected]
>>
>>1019931
If you're just developing an website/app that receives GPS data and displays it, a college kid could shit out one of those in a day. Literally just use Google maps API.

Phonegap makes this a 3 hour job max.
>>
>>1020406
your website us really hard to read. please use a different typesetting. i think your spaces are just too close. And in case you are looking for real investors you should update your Technologies tab. it painfully shows how small and student-like you are.
since i like the idea and are living in germany: how succesfull are your methods? i have a really capable friend who is at grad school in munich and may find your project interesting.
>>
>>1021788
EDIT: on iphone it is nice to read but as soon as the windows get wider it becomes annoying.
>>
>>1019770
Danfag here.
>>
>>1019141
>asks for help
>demeans the person before thier even helping
>dose bullshit desu crap from 20+ years ago
Plz kill
>>
san jose here. i can do IT stuff and admin stuff.
i have a degree, it taught me some basics. always working to learn more about finance, development, and design

looking for fulltime work
>>
>>1019010
Copywriter from Jersey here. Looking for more secure employment than what I've currently got. Can write copy, do product advertising, or any other kind of bullshitting that needs to be done
>>
>>1021780
That's what the kid thinks he needs, but he wants to create a gps collar for pets, making an app and product like that has more to it than "just GPS durr hurr"
>>
>>1022231

you have an email or skype?
>>
I have a math degree but I've been doing web development stuff for more than a year (Rails, JavaScript, React, jQuery, etc.). If anyone wants to work on a cool project let me know. Currently work a white collar office job but I find programming pretty fun.
>>
I am actually developing a system to take care of this entire thread...

Connecting people with different skills and in the process creating new and exciting brands.

Kloudko.com
>>
>>1022417

Kys family
>>
Long shot, but figure I might try.
Anyone in Denver got anything?
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.